dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012
Anyone know how many goals we have conceded from set pieces?

I get the impression it is a serious weakness for us.

dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012
It's strange as wood and fleck are good in the air.
It's a shame Malaga didn't work out, from the little I saw of him.
He would get his head to everything.

deanocity3

Feb 13, 2010
Keresley
We have tall players but we zonal mark this allows teams to run onto crosses,as we are not marking them,we try to obstruct they passage to the head the ball.we should be running onto the ball to head it away.Instead we are waiting for it to arrive and the opposition get first because they are already on the move and we are stationary.

dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012
Arsenal get ripped week after week for doing zonal marking,

Didn't realise we were making the same mistake

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Bloody hell that is outrageous.

Our back line is pretty poor. Oldham were a bad team but murphy was the busiest keeper yet we dominated the game. Wood I believed would excel in this league. I was wrong he is very average. Whichever right back played we have struggled and Christie to me looks very suspect.

Edjinguile has done ok but is limited and lacks mobility.

Keogh and Cranie look vastly superior. Adams is a real positive signing but the others are all replaceable.

dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012
Our back line is pretty poor. Oldham were a bad team but murphy was the busiest keeper yet we dominated the game. Wood I believed would excel in this league. I was wrong he is very average. Whichever right back played we have struggled and Christie to me looks very suspect.

Edjinguile has done ok but is limited and lacks mobility.

Keogh and Cranie look vastly superior. Adams is a real positive signing but the others are all replaceable.

I am surprised by Wood I thought he would eat this league up.

Yet he seems just ok to good.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
Problem is Grendel we aren't short of centre halves so to get better ones in we need first to find clubs willing to take them on. Edge has come from Greek football so it's fair to give him some leeway.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
I am surprised by Wood I thought he would eat this league up.

Yet he seems just ok to good.

Baker is an example of a player who clearly is competitive in this league but not in the championship. There was a lot of hype about wood and I thought would be an asset. He's not the worst but I suspect is being paid to be one of the best. The guy in the Oldham team looked more what's needed in truth.

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
Baker is an example of a player who clearly is competitive in this league but not in the championship. There was a lot of hype about wood and I thought would be an asset. He's not the worst but I suspect is being paid to be one of the best. The guy in the Oldham team looked more what's needed in truth.

Which player?

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012
Yes if wood is our highest earner if we can get a centre half the same or slightly better he should move on.

I hope baker takes this confidence into the championship if we go up.

He has so much natural skill

Users who are viewing this thread