Match Thread Sheff Utd (H) 12/03/22 (1 Viewer)

SonofErnie

I'm sure Leeds fans in the 60s/70s hated they won a couple of titles, constantly in the top 4 and played in the European Cup final

I don't like shithousing but it's part of the game in the Championship unfortunately. If refs' aren't clamping down and we have lost points because we don't do it ourselves (say 5 points) then I don't have a problem doing it if it's to our advantage

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

The Leeds team of the 70s were not journeymen footballers, they had world class players. That’s why Brian Clough called them out when he took over, because he strongly believed that they didn’t need to be like that.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Moore
Hyam Fadz JCS
Dabo Sheaf Hamer Maatsen
O'Hare
Gyok Waghorn

Wilson, Kane, Rose, Allen, Godden, Tavares, A.N.Other
Not feeling overly confident.

sylus

i had us down for a draw for this one, now im not so sure, don't we always fuck up on legends day, we are abit fragile and struggling to score, while they have no problem.

Sky Blue Harry H

We'll give them a good game. The result will depend on whether we take some of our chances, or get the rub of the green. I expect them to be a bit like Luton, but with a touch more ability (Berge, Gibbs-White in particular)

CCFC54321

6 points away from the play off places where we have to play 6x of the top 6? Of course we still have something to play for

I absolutely applaud your optimism.

Out of interest how do you think we can beat any of the top six sides to play yet cannot beat Swansea, Preston and Luton and can’t hit a barn door along with being six points behind?

I’m just being honest here there is no ways on gods earth we can achieve top six now unless are midfield and forwards go on a mad scoring streak. Robins will know himself it’s a massive order.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Feel a bit lukewarm towards this game after the disappointment of the last two or three overall.

We'll definitely win though, and that annoying lingering hope will dangle there for another couple of weeks, only to screw us once some cautious optimism has settled again.

Johhny Blue

Out of interest how do you think we can beat any of the top six sides to play yet cannot beat Swansea, Preston and Luton and can’t hit a barn door along with being six points behind?

I’m just being honest here there is no ways on gods earth we can achieve top six now unless are midfield and forwards go on a mad scoring streak. Robins will know himself it’s a massive order.
I have a rope for sale if you’re interested. P.M. me

SkyBlueSoul

Not confident for this one, we're just not taking our chances and they're the 5th best away team this season. The fact we're still creating means I can see us scoring but feeling a 2-1/3-1 defeat is on the cards.

Moore
Hyam Fadz JCS
Kane Hamer Sheaf Maatsen
O'Hare
Vik Godden

Wilson, Dabo, Rose, Allen, Jones, Waghorn, Tavares
Edit: Just seen that Hyam isn't looking good for a start so surely Rose stays in and hopefully makes up for his mistake the other night

Last edited:

pusbccfc

23,000 expected!

Just seen that. I'll be shocked if it is based on the sales.

Interestingly the Telegraph seems to have sold much better than other games this season and I suppose the corporate end will be packed due to it being Legends Day.

skyblue1991

Other than Luton we have not lost to any of the top 6 sides and beat top of the league 4-1

Anything is possible and we shouldn't give up unless mathematically impossible

SlowerThanPlatt

From a Sporting Life column, didn’t realise that top half stat:

The Blades have lost just once in their past 12 games, winning seven, to climb into the play-off spots and have won five of their last nine away while the Sky Blues are slightly fading and their past five results against other top-half teams reads LDLLL.

Jagmannn

Feeling a bit disheartened with the way the results have been going lately....but with a little bit of luck and a rain sodden pitch we may get something out of this game

the rumpo kid

Personally I hate these cunts, I don't know who the fuck they think they are. Just a bunch of inbreed Yorkshire wankers who think that nothing exists outside there tin pot club. From a city that's only ambition is to be half as good as Leeds.

Finham

I'm sure Leeds fans in the 60s/70s hated they won a couple of titles, constantly in the top 4 and played in the European Cup final

I don't like shithousing but it's part of the game in the Championship unfortunately. If refs' aren't clamping down and we have lost points because we don't do it ourselves (say 5 points) then I don't have a problem doing it if it's to our advantage

I think back then it was about being hard and dirty-and everybody knew it. A yellow card was a big deal back then and would get given for what would be a red for violent conduct now. In modern times, "shithousery" is a scientific exploitation of every loop hole implemented with the help of data, every nook and cranny-such as rotating the fouls to avoid bookings-and dozens of sides get away with it. Compared to the "hard" times of the old days (which, granted, had its fare share of sneaky, filthy fouls too), it's pretty cowardly and awful to watch to boot. I bet George Curtis didn't like it. Now, where's me cloth cap...

CCFC54321

Personally I hate these cunts, I don't know who the fuck they think they are. Just a bunch of inbreed Yorkshire wankers who think that nothing exists outside there tin pot club. From a city that's only ambition is to be half as good as Leeds.
Apart from that you don’t mind them then?

Covkid1968#

A 3-0 loss… me leaving early to avoid traffic. I am clinging onto the fact that the daughter is attending and we rarely lose with her watching!!

Users who are viewing this thread