Sheffers: Sign or Release? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

We should boo him until his fragile spirit is in tatters and then we should moan that he isn't good enough.

Hincha

Macca has been carrying an injury all season - this was in the Telegraph a while back. His greatest attribute was his pace and he has none this season. If its all down to the injury he has to be given a chance; if he has gone over the hill (could not get into Leeds side hardly in Div 1 and did not play for Forest on loan) then its bye bye. Statistically was the best player in Championship when Brum got promoted, but that was a long while ago and before his injury problems. What is worrying is his lack of confidence and sometimes first touch. Was never brilliant defensively. Missed three good chances in three home games, but got in those positions to miss. Made a great pass to Cody v Colchester when Cody hit the post. The Colchester right back was rubbish. Moussa skinned him several times, Fleck had the beating of him, Macca struggled and never went past him once. However, great cross for winner at Scunthorpe. Dont think players are kept on previous reps anymore. I trust the manager to make the right decision.

Big_Ben

I don't see that he is going to get much better than he is at the moment - he is living on performances that are now in the distant past.
Even his staunchest supporters are coming out and admitting that he ain't the Macca that once set the league alight.
In this league we need battlers, 100%-ers, and we really can't afford to be nostalgic to the degree that we carry anyone, even if he was once a hero.
So, with regret, he's out.

Otis

If we stay in this league get rid of him.

If we are liquidated and get demoted to the Evostik Northern Premier then keep him.

He could then always be an option from the bench.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If we stay in this league get rid of him.

If we are liquidated and get demoted to the Evostik Northern Premier then keep him.

He could then always be an option from the bench.

I feared for a second then that you were going to say if we stay in this league, get rid, if we get promoted, keep him! Had me worried for a second or two!

CJparker

I'd like to see Moussa get a chance on the left, or even Stewart who did a job there for Leicester.

Sheff would be a good man to play just behind a Leon Clarke type striker, in the withheld Rooney-Messi-Cantona-Zola-Bergkamp role. Oh shite, he's none of those, he is Sheff. Cock.

Users who are viewing this thread