Short Notice Holidays in UK (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody got any recommendations of somewhere to go for a couple of days? Decent for kids. Ideally not hundreds of miles away and probably availability before the kids go back to school?

Looking at the usual Haven / Center Parcs but it is an absolute liberty price wise, thought about a London break to go round museums and stuff but don't fancy it due to terrorism etc.

Martin84

Torquay, went there last year with family, lots to do with kids, beaches, crabbing, model village, fairs, mini golf, good restaurants, easy to get to. we stopped in Newton abbot as we booked late and didn't want to pay over the odds.

Nick

Administrator
Liverpools nice for a break the docks are nice and you can get out to The coast too

Cheers Daz, not sure about there for the little one. Ideally it will be a holiday park type with plenty to do.

Tried to usual groupon but not the best.

Haven't got passports and too short notice :(

Nick

Administrator
Torquay, went there last year with family, lots to do with kids, beaches, crabbing, model village, fairs, mini golf, good restaurants, easy to get to. we stopped in Newton abbot as we booked late and didn't want to pay over the odds.

Thanks, just having a look now.

There will only be 2 of us, looking at holiday parks it is like 500 - 600 for a long weekend but they are aimed at families of about 5-6 sharing. :(

olderskyblue

Butlins? Try for a late offer?

Liquid Gold

Anybody got any recommendations of somewhere to go for a couple of days? Decent for kids. Ideally not hundreds of miles away and probably availability before the kids go back to school?

Looking at the usual Haven / Center Parcs but it is an absolute liberty price wise, thought about a London break to go round museums and stuff but don't fancy it due to terrorism etc.

You're more likely to die on the drive to London than from terrorism when you're there. Don't let them change your way of life.

oldmangroom

Bluestone in Pembrokeshire. Prices usually sky high in school holidays but they do sometimes have cancellation deals.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Edinburgh is a great place to visit might be a bit pricey at the moment due to the festival

SkyBlueScottie

Do you seriously avoid going places because of terrorist threats? I'm not suggesting you visit the middle East or anything but having a couple of days sight seeing around London is fine.

I've been looking trying to find somewhere for next week and everywhere is extortionate. Looks like we're just going to have a few days out instead.

I can recommend a great bandb in Torquay if you're interested Nick? I'd go there but we only went a month ago.

Nick

Administrator
Do you seriously avoid going places because of terrorist threats? I'm not suggesting you visit the middle East or anything but having a couple of days sight seeing around London is fine.
Wouldn't take kids but have been to London with work a few times and it's ok. Wouldn't want to go to Paris at the minute either!

It's not fully ruling it out, would just prefer not to!

Last edited:

Marty

Bude is class. Not as far as torquay either. Just drive down and find a b and b. Loads down there. We went down as kids and my parents never booked. Some years we be right on the coast. Others be inland on farms.

for a small town it has everything you need.

SkyBlueScottie

Bude is class. Not as far as torquay either. Just drive down and find a b and b. Loads down there. We went down as kids and my parents never booked. Some years we be right on the coast. Others be inland on farms.

for a small town it has everything you need.

I think you are slightly out with your geography there. Bude is defo further then Torquay,

SkyBlueScottie

Yep, North Cornwall, M5 down to Exeter, and to get to Bude you then have to travel across Dartmoor adding about an hour on your journey, to Torquay from Exeter is 20 Mins.

Nick

Administrator
thanks Dave.

Looks like it isn't until September so might not be do-able :(

Looking into glamping a bit, sleep in a wooden hut in the countryside that is close to places. Just trying to find something.

xcraigx

Llandudno is nice for a few days. Plenty of sight seeing and a few nice little seaside towns all close by. Don't do Rhyl though, it's an absolute dive.

Nick

Administrator
Llandudno is nice for a few days. Plenty of sight seeing and a few nice little seaside towns all close by. Don't do Rhyl though, it's an absolute dive.

Last time in Rhyl I saw some blokes walk into a pub, give a bloke an absolute hiding and walk out.

Nobody batted an eyelid.

SkyBlueScottie

thanks Dave.

Looks like it isn't until September so might not be do-able :(

Looking into glamping a bit, sleep in a wooden hut in the countryside that is close to places. Just trying to find something.
Again very expensive. Certainly in August anyway.

Covstu

Try and get a rental, you pay through the nose for Havens etc this time of the year and its cheaper to go abroad. This year was the first year we went abroad and it was cheaper in the long run but appreciate you may not want the hassle. Recommend Woolacombe, north Devon or Swanage, South Dev.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread