Should Ohare now be back up for Palmer (1 Viewer)

messiahrobins

He isnt staying. He has been poor in the main since the transfer window closed. Does it make more sense to now think forward and plan for life without him which means giving Palmer the no10 role for the rest of the season making it clear to him he is the main man now and to make that position his own, which throughout his time at the club has not been the case.
The last two matches proved we are some way off play off material in truth. West Brom and Preston were in total cruise control in the second half in truth.
Also, if next season we are going with 4-2-3-1 should we now just stick with that system and for now stick Tavares out wide albeit we know he is nowehre near good enough but at least it gives the team 11 more competitive matches playing the system we will use next season.

stupot07

Absolutely not, O'Hare is a much better player than Palmer, and is still contracted by the club. We should continue to play him, and should continue to be first choice between then. Even when O'Hare leaves, we will inevitably bring in a replacement who will be first choice ahead of Palmer.

O'Hare was shite last night but has weighed in with significantly more goal contributions than Palmer in the championship.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

JohnWH

I'm starting to think our new forum member @messiahrobins is the real Robins in disguise looking for actual advice but hadn't yet realized how daft and impulsive our suggestions will be. Hope your game plan for Rotherham is up to snuff there Mark.

pusbccfc

Hate to say it but I feel like he's gonna leave in a negative fashion.

Gyok and Hamer are still worshipped here. Plenty others have left in recent years to good receptions. I sense people aren't going to like the fact he turned down a deal to leave us on a free.

messiahrobins

Absolutely not, O'Hare is a much better player than Palmer, and is still contracted by the club. We should continue to play him, and should continue to be first choice between then. Even when O'Hare leaves, we will inevitably bring in a replacement who will be first choice ahead of Palmer.

Not convinced King will spend that big, and to replace Ohare and have a player better than palmer would be 5 million plus in that position.
I like Wright a lot, but whether King feels the 12 million or so spent on him and Simms has been well spent and will be keen to spend similar sums on one player i am dubious about.

messiahrobins

This stuff about him downing tools is a load of nonsense.

5 mins ago he was critical to our playoff push and now he should rot in the reserves.
Absolutely typical SBT reactionary guff.
Has he played well since the transfer window shut?

messiahrobins

Not you, but there have been a few posts along this theme, as if he is playing within himself, prior to a move (and I don't agree!)
I dont think thats his way. I do think on current form Palmer is better and deserves a run, and if Ohare isnt staying i am thinking we may as well just give Palmer the 11 games and see if he is up to it for a promotion chasing side next season as i assume we aim to be.

shmmeee

I dont think thats his way. I do think on current form Palmer is better and deserves a run, and if Ohare isnt staying i am thinking we may as well just give Palmer the 11 games and see if he is up to it for a promotion chasing side next season as i assume we aim to be.

I don’t think Palmer is the long term answer just for fitness reasons if nothing else. But I do think the strikers work better with him in the ten rather than O’Hare, who would be just as effective elsewhere. O’Hare likes to track back and has good chemistry with MvE so I think he should finish out the season at RW.

messiahrobins

I don’t think Palmer is the long term answer just for fitness reasons if nothing else. But I do think the strikers work better with him in the ten rather than O’Hare, who would be just as effective elsewhere. O’Hare likes to track back and has good chemistry with MvE so I think he should finish out the season at RW.
Interesting, Ohare at RW could be worth a look actually.

messiahrobins

Being the bitter man i am towards him now.......

Id let him rot on the bench until the end of the season. Get your premier league move now hey wanker
I suspect given your posting history much of which is pretty accurate most of the time you know a bit more than you can say on here on this issue

messiahrobins

In the league, last 5 have been 0 goals and 0 assists. He hasn't scored or assisted in league since December.

Hence why i am minded, as he isn't the one wanting to leave, to give him the next 11 games (depending on todays results to be fair to an extent).Clearly if the above stats remain the same we need two new players competing in the no 10 role!!

skyblue_55

The O’Hare - Palmer situation is a headache , as it wouldn’t have gone down well last night with O’Hare , that he was subbed at half time & because of his forthcoming departure, human nature might suggest that he says F you lot ……who knows ? . But leaving a spluttering Palmer on , albeit our only creative player left on the pitch , the club / manager have work to get the best out of these players, for the remaining games .

Mucca Mad Boys

If COH plays the rest of the season like last night and the prior few games, he’ll be staying because no Prem team will sign him.

Nothing bitter here, it’s just the Premiership is the crème de la crème.

Brighton Sky Blue

If I had this issue on Football Manager I’d put the player on double intensity training and playing every game until he got injured. Thankfully I am nowhere near the hot seat, and even if I were, I’d be hoping for more shop window performances.

If he already knows where he’s going though, why would he risk spoiling the move by over exerting himself in a side that won’t go up?

pusbccfc

If COH plays the rest of the season like last night and the prior few games, he’ll be staying because no Prem team will sign him.

Nothing bitter here, it’s just the Premiership is the crème de la crème.

They will. Scouts will have watched him for months, if not years. A few months bad from won't put them off.

pusbccfc

Well the saying no one is bigger then the club is very apt for him

It will end sour I think. It's real shame because others have left on positive notes.

Let's just hope he doesn't forget the love he's had here. There's very few in the history of the club who have had the treatment he has. I hope he puts his heart into the end of the season.

Saddlebrains

It will end sour I think. It's real shame because others have left on positive notes.

Let's just hope he doesn't forget the love he's had here. There's very few in the history of the club who have had the treatment he has. I hope he puts his heart into the end of the season.

Was told half an hour ago he already knows where hes going

Probably explains the recent performances 🤷

Users who are viewing this thread