Should Pressley be sacked? (1 Viewer)

Should Pressley be sacked

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LJC_CCFC

I think you all know my opinion, be interesting to see if he has any support left?

FRY-CCFC

f831af8b4047769fb4b2388932b15fc3.jpg

Pressley is having his issues but he is loyal, passionate and isn't afraid to have a go at players who don't get the job done. You gotta ask yourself, is there anyone better we could attract? Could be about to leave the Ricoh again, no money, mutiness squad. who in their right mind would take that job on? Even I would turn it down. Pressley has to stay, for the time being at least

Lord_Nampil

The thing is it has been like this now for about 12 months nothing has changed regarding formation tactics etc! Forget the players for a second the one way u win matches is by outsmarting the opposition, In SPs time here hes never done that! Its time for a change, he's laid good foundations but has got to involved with the personal side and in football you cant get involved that way as it never works! Today if Swanson had come on at 0-0 (like he should have) we may have not lost the game...... making the sub too late cost him! Time to move on and let another manager have a go! I hear theres a decent German at the job centre......

FRY-CCFC

Pressley is having his issues but he is loyal, passionate and isn't afraid to have a go at players who don't get the job done. You gotta ask yourself, is there anyone better we could attract? Could be about to leave the Ricoh again, no money, mutiness squad. who in their right mind would take that job on? Even I would turn it down. Pressley has to stay, for the time being at least

For a bantersaurus you aren't very fun.

LJC_CCFC

For 18 months win, lose or draw he has said these words: "The attitude and work ethic was terrific". Its taken him that long to have a go at the players.

Anyone LITERALLY anyone would be better.

And to say no-one would take the job is laughable, just look at Blackpool.

For a bantersaurus you aren't very fun.

Im being realistic. I don't like this situation any more than you do. I hate seeing us like this, but Pressley is the 1st manager to show us any sort of loyalty since our Premier League days. I think its time we returned the favour and gave him more time

AFCCOVENTRY

Yes he doesn't command the respect of the players anymore. Tactics are always wrong, formation is wrong and I can't name one decent player he has signed.

LJC_CCFC

Im being realistic. I don't like this situation any more than you do. I hate seeing us like this, but Pressley is the 1st manager to show us any sort of loyalty since our Premier League days. I think its time we returned the favour and gave him more time

Loyalty doesn't exist in football.

He has a paid contract which he isn't going to walk out on.

If anyone thinks that Huddersfield were actually interested in him, please let me have some of what you are smoking.

W

westcountry_skyblue

If he had any decency he would walk and accept its not working but i suppose its money so he wont !!!

mcm sky blue

He should be axed after this run of results. Sp is the new Andy Thorne of ccfc, we dint sack him until we was relegated.

This club will never move forward until we re-invest on quality on the pitch. Sold players in the summer and have not replaced with like for like, that's why we are struggling. Sadly feel we will be relegated this year even more so than last when we started on - points.

skybluetony176

We need owners that are capable of creating an environment that makes for a successful football club. Until that changes you can change the manager as often as you like, ultimately each one will fail like the last one and the last one before that and the last one .....

.....well, you get the point. Unless SISU change or are changed sacking SP will ultimately achieve nothing.

Noggin

no, I can't see it making a difference, the squad isn't good enough, we are going to lose a big portion of them, the money isn't there to bring in quality players and there will be even less money if we have to pay off Presleys 4 year contract, the only way out of this mess is for sisu to leave, getting rid of Pressley isn't going to fix anything.

SkyBlueScottie

He should be axed after this run of results. Sp is the new Andy Thorne of ccfc, we dint sack him until we was relegated.

This club will never move forward until we re-invest on quality on the pitch. Sold players in the summer and have not replaced with like for like, that's why we are struggling. Sadly feel we will be relegated this year even more so than last when we started on - points.

So, he should be axed, despite the fact we will never move forward until we reinvest on quality on the pitch. What's the point then of getting rid?

WestEndAgro

no, I can't see it making a difference, the squad isn't good enough, we are going to lose a big portion of them, the money isn't there to bring in quality players and there will be even less money if we have to pay off Presleys 4 year contract, the only way out of this mess is for sisu to leave, getting rid of Pressley isn't going to fix anything.

Disagree , my boss is a total twat, his motivational skills and man management are awful, the atmosphere and morale at my place would improve tenfold in a instance, sometimes a change can be the catalyst , just because it hasant worked in the past dosent make it a good enough reason not to try again ?

stupot07

Agree with this.

He hasn't quite lost me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Noggin

Disagree , my boss is a total twat, his motivational skills and man management are awful, the atmosphere and morale at my place would improve tenfold in a instance, sometimes a change can be the catalyst , just because it hasant worked in the past dosent make it a good enough reason not to try again ?

We'd seen how he worked for a year and if his motivational skills and man management are awful then the first people we need rid of are the ones that watched him work and then gave him a 4 year contract.

I just don't believe we can judge pressley at this point, we were always going to have struggled this year, I don't believe he put this team together by choice but by desperation, I don't believe he said right Murphy is off we need a goalkeeper, scout around you know who I think looks good, Allsop lets see if we can sign him. Nope it's the owners sold my best player out from under me, not giving me the funds to invest but we got a few freebie loans for half a season thrown in, ones a keeper, well I guess thats my starter then.

He has said he is not keen on loans. they don't have the motivation needed yet he gets them weather he likes it or not because thats the resources he has.

Anyone who believes that Presley had the funds to go out and attract a good squad for this league and properly pick the people he wanted in each position and that believes Fisher that he has one of the most expensive squads in the league absolutely should be calling for his head. But I don't believe any of that, not for a second.

I also don't believe that Pressley thinks were were terrific when he says it, he defends his players, and he gives positive feedback because thats what science says is the most effective, positive feedback works better than negative feedback. This is why he got so angry when he really felt they weren't trying, he'd been defending and supporting them when performances were poor and felt let down and betrayed when they weren't trying.

I don't know how good a manager he is but I don't think any manager succeeds under the conditions he's been under this season, so getting rid doesn't fix the problems, just makes us down a manager and wastes 4 years wages.

SBchimp

He needs to go immediately, why is this even a debate. Passion has nothing to do with it as it's completely useless if you don't know what you are doing. Dreadful recruitment, dreadful tactics and clearly no respect from the players.

skybluedan

I just don't know anymore, week in and week out we are shit, is he a shit manager yes, does he talk complete bollocks yes have we got the worst owners ever yes, maybe getting a new manager might give them a bit of a kickstart maybe not.
what I do know that it's depressing the fuck off me and I hate to say it now that my boy is 6 he is doing a bit of footy at school and getting into it and I can't believe I'm gonna say it but if he wants to go down the Chelsea or Man Utd route I ain't gonna stop him,not gonna put him through the years of dollop I've been through. Proper city depressed

LJC_CCFC

We'd seen how he worked for a year and if his motivational skills and man management are awful then the first people we need rid of are the ones that watched him work and then gave him a 4 year contract.

I just don't believe we can judge pressley at this point, we were always going to have struggled this year, I don't believe he put this team together by choice but by desperation, I don't believe he said right Murphy is off we need a goalkeeper, scout around you know who I think looks good, Allsop lets see if we can sign him. Nope it's the owners sold my best player out from under me, not giving me the funds to invest but we got a few freebie loans for half a season thrown in, ones a keeper, well I guess thats my starter then.

He has said he is not keen on loans. they don't have the motivation needed yet he gets them weather he likes it or not because thats the resources he has.

Anyone who believes that Presley had the funds to go out and attract a good squad for this league and properly pick the people he wanted in each position and that believes Fisher that he has one of the most expensive squads in the league absolutely should be calling for his head. But I don't believe any of that, not for a second.

I also don't believe that Pressley thinks were were terrific when he says it, he defends his players, and he gives positive feedback because thats what science says is the most effective, positive feedback works better than negative feedback. This is why he got so angry when he really felt they weren't trying, he'd been defending and supporting them when performances were poor and felt let down and betrayed when they weren't trying.

I don't know how good a manager he is but I don't think any manager succeeds under the conditions he's been under this season, so getting rid doesn't fix the problems, just makes us down a manager and wastes 4 years wages.

Fact is this squad shouldn't be 20th in the league (Which is of an utterly shit standard, as FOURTH yes FOURTH PLACE county showed today) after 17 games. Ultimately that is down to Pressley, a worse win ratio than Reid and Dowie is laughable.

CCFC_Charlie

In his 18 odd months managing us I don't think I've ever been to a game in which he's tactically outfought the opposition manager, or even looked like he's set up with any sort of game plan which has effective combatted the way an opposition has played. Other managers do their homework on us, they come here and they know exactly how to beat us and we never look like doing anything like that. The players don't look like they want to play for him, and even after his outburst on Monday it didn't really look like there was much more desire to win. This group of players has effectively been told that if they don't buck up their ideas then they're out of a job, yet none of them actually play like that. He has to go otherwise we're going to be playing in League Two next season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

In his 18 odd months managing us I don't think I've ever been to a game in which he's tactically outfought the opposition manager, or even looked like he's set up with any sort of game plan which has effective combatted the way an opposition has played. Other managers do their homework on us, they come here and they know exactly how to beat us and we never look like doing anything like that. The players don't look like they want to play for him, and even after his outburst on Monday it didn't really look like there was much more desire to win. This group of players has effectively been told that if they don't buck up their ideas then they're out of a job, yet none of them actually play like that. He has to go otherwise we're going to be playing in League Two next season.

Apparently the attitude was terrific today, there was a real desire to win and we dominated them....err yea ok Pressley :pointlaugh:

Colonel Mustard

SP is not comparable to Andy Thorn, at least not yet. To give you some idea: after the same number of games in 2011, Thorn's team were six points deep in the relegation zone (effectively seven counting goal difference). Thorn was also infamously clueless in post-match interviews, whereas SP at least believes he knows what needs fixing.

I quite like SP. He has old-fashioned values concerning work ethic and loyalty, and applies himself to football strategy and philosophy. He will probably turn out to be a bust, but in a season where there's no chance of the playoffs, I don't mind giving him some more time to hopefully refine his managerial skills.

Users who are viewing this thread