Should Tim Fisher remain as a director of CCFC Ltd (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

I don't think so, he is not heelping the administration case. If he receives a fee or could receive a fee then surely he is a liability that Mr Appleton the administrator who is running the club should seek to remove.

torchomatic

Wouldn't worry about it too much. He's toast.

The Reverend Skyblue

Not fit for the job, says one thing to please fans but after research usually means the exact opposite is true.

How he ever finds work again in football I don't know, no fans of any club in the future will believe a word that comes out of that big mouth of his again

brinner

No he should get his fat arse out of town asap, as del says he should have gone a while back

Sick Boy

His persistence in employing Thorn meant that he should have got a long time ago. Funny that the majority on wanted to keep Thorn, so surely they should have some faith/belief in Fisher?

procdoc

His persistence in employing Thorn meant that he should have got a long time ago. Funny that the majority on wanted to keep Thorn, so surely they should have some faith/belief in Fisher?

Thorn should have gone last January when it had become crystal that he weren't up to the task of saving us from relegation yet dim Tim let him have the whole summer to bring in his own players and then sacked him a few games into the season

honestken

Fisher is a deluded idiot, he needs to shut the fuck up and piss off out of Coventry.

his comments about building a statue of Joy Seppala next to Jimmy Hill for all the good work she has done for the club prove that alone..................

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Yes that makes sense.
If you agree with one decision a person makes. You should agree with every decision they make no matter what it is.
Is that not the way the world works?

RPHunt

Not fit for the job, says one thing to please fans but after research usually means the exact opposite is true.

How he ever finds work again in football I don't know, no fans of any club in the future will believe a word that comes out of that big mouth of his again

This was his first job in football and, with his record here, will undoubtedly be his last.

Sick Boy

Thorn should have gone last January when it had become crystal that he weren't up to the task of saving us from relegation yet dim Tim let him have the whole summer to bring in his own players and then sacked him a few games into the season

There would have been outrage on here if he had of been sacked. The most anti-sisu posters are also those who backed Thorn the most. How can they be so critical of a board who gave someone who they believe to have one of the brightest careers in management?

Sick Boy

Yes that makes sense.
If you agree with one decision a person makes. You should agree with every decision they make no matter what it is.
Is that not the way the world works?

He certainly showed a lot of bravery to stick by one of the brightest talents in the game for so long, surely you should give him a lot of credit for it?

Delboycov

There would have been outrage on here if he had of been sacked. The most anti-sisu posters are also those who backed Thorn the most. How can they be so critical of a board who gave someone who they believe to have one of the brightest careers in management?

Not me as I was against his appointment from the off but just because some were behind the manager doesn't mean they approved of the mayhem the owners fronted by TF were causing in other areas of the club.

dongonzalos

He certainly showed a lot of bravery to stick by one of the brightest talents in the game for so long, surely you should give him a lot of credit for it?

He stated in the summer that changing managers is one of the biggest problems with Coventry.
That Andy Thorn had not been backed. Now he would be backed and he would stick with him. 270 minutes later.......

So in a word 'no'

procdoc

I backed his initial appointment based on him doing a decent job on a caretaker basis. I wouldn't have had a problem with Sisu sacking Thorn when results were so bad though and I suppose I class myself in the 'anti-sisu' camp.
Don't get me wrong I don't advocate the sacking of managers willy nilly, for instance I hate seeing managers get the boot when they're doing a good job (Adkins, Di Matteo etc) and I am fully aware that we have had too many managerial changes to last a lifetime but if a manager isn't doing the job he is paid for then he should go, it's as simple as that.

RPHunt

RPHunt, I thought he had worked at Charlton Athletic before, but I agree with you it is almost definitely his last job in football

According to a friend of mine who supports Charlton, Fisher was never an employee of the club. He was commissioned, in a great fanfare of publicity, by the chairman to find a buyer. This was most likely, however, to bring pressure on the group that eventually bought the club and who were dithering at the time.

So no experience of running a football club, but he obviously knows a few things about being a puppet.

katzenjammer

Controversial maybe but I actually believe Tim Fisher is the only board member of CCFC ever to stand up to the Council. Whether the actions are right or wrong is the the big debate but I do think he's the only one with the balls to back his convictions.

For the record, I'm no fan of all SISU's actions but I think there's more to this than just black and white anti SISU or for SISU.

Sick Boy

Controversial maybe but I actually believe Tim Fisher is the only board member of CCFC ever to stand up to the Council. Whether the actions are right or wrong is the the big debate but I do think he's the only one with the balls to back his convictions.

For the record, I'm no fan of all SISU's actions but I think there's more to this than just black and white anti SISU or for SISU.

If a takeover of the club was to happen and someone else took the same action, then you can be certain that those against Fisher's actions would be behind them 100%.

dongonzalos

I backed Thorn staying.

I'd have backed him staying longer this season then he did.

Stupidity to stick with him through the summer then sack so soon. Either show faith or get rid.

Common sense, it is decisions like that, that give you a little insight into the thought processes that have led us to where we are today.
Knee jerk ill informed reactionary comments and decisions.

katzenjammer

If a takeover of the club was to happen and someone else took the same action, then you can be certain that those against Fisher's actions would be behind them 100%.

Exactly. I also think that regardless of SISU still funding the club, there is a new board in place now and it's very different to the previous Onye Igwe, Lenny B, Kenny D, board of the past and people shouldn't tar the new board with their actions.

Grendel

Common sense, it is decisions like that, that give you a little insight into the thought processes that have led us to where we are today.

It was ultimateley a catastrophic error of judgement by fisher and for that alone he should go,

To allow such a pathetic figure as thorn to manage one of the biggest budgets in the league defied belief. It is obvious he lacks the intellect to manage a club. He should have shown some metal and left him in Southampton to find his way home, a task he would probably still be trying to accomplish now.

With any real manager in may and the impetus shown from that point we'd be promoted or at least in the play offs even with the points reduction.

Grendel

Did Bournemouth get promoted in the end?

wingy

Exactly. I also think that regardless of SISU still funding the club, there is a new board in place now and it's very different to the previous Onye Igwe, Lenny B, Kenny D, board of the past and people shouldn't tar the new board with their actions.

I'd say they're Tarnishing their repututations splendidly in their own right ,in fact the others stand ahead of these dickheads in my opinion.:eek::thinking about::facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd be flabbergasted if anyone think's that he should stay. My eyes won't be moist if he leaves. He's a total apple-john.

Bennets Afro

Time to go fisher!!! No right to comment on the football club when in admin. Role of the administrator!!!

But then it prompted a response from ACL to say they are willing to negotiate. I wonder who they will be dealing with, SISU or PHIV

Users who are viewing this thread