Show me the NOPM campaign is working... (1 Viewer)

ccfcmustang

Some of you on here are criticising me given my previous stance on the NOPM campaign.

I know we are only 3 games into the new season and no consequence of the campaign will have developed by now however, Greg Clarke has said that his accountants have seen PROOF OF FUNDS to be able to put down an initial £10,000,000 to a new stadium AND funds to cover all losses while we ground share at Northampton. This stance has been echoed by TF and the F.A.

Now for the maths. If we sold out Sixfields every week, to make things easier, lets say 7000 every game for 23 games. Right, at £16 a ticket this would mean revenue of just £2,576,000 this season. Taking away now policing costs, stewarding costs and the rest that figure probably in the region of £750,000 to £1,000,000. That leaves a revenue of around £1,750,000. Compared to the around £50,000,000 they claim to have invested already, that number is pennies.

SISU have maintained that the club is not for sale. here is where my worry is. Without this revenue I think there is more chance of the club franchising and moving away rather than coming home. We all know that SISU have no intention of building a new stadium, they want the Ricoh. The council will not sell to "such an unethical company" and so they shouldnt. So what options does this leave? 1) Franchising the club and moving to a different location 2) Sell the club. Nothing over the past 6 years has suggested to me that SISU will sell the club. Somehow Joy and Tim have convinced their investors to keep investing. They would not suddenly pull the plug after investing so much capital, it just will not happen. If they did choose to sell the price would be astronomical considering their investments into the club, the price tag significantly higher than anyone will be willing to pay.

SISU have not even acknowledged the various protests and campaigns that have surfaced over the past few months. The fans have become divided and the gap between this division is only widening. The fans need some sort of leadership. This should have come from the trust, from the outset. I agree that the KCIC campaign was a good idea however I now see the trust withering away and not attempted to bridge the gap of disgruntled fans. This is why we need a change of direction.

I dont dislike the NOPM campaign by any stretch of the imagination however I feel it can be used as a scapegoat by lazy fans who just think that shouting NOPM will change everything.

We need a new direction, new leadership and begin to unite us fans again. We are much stronger together than we are apart. Arguing amongst ourselves shows us to be a mockery and actually shows SISU are winning. it is basically a carbon copy of Wimbledon/MK Dons.

While I agree we need SISU gone we also need transparency of our club at board level. This is why i suggested attempting to purchase Brody's 4% stake in the club and then to elect a fan rep to sit on the board. At least we have something which we can use as a catalyst to get things done. At least Fisher would have to listen to fans opinions and any wrong doings will be brought to light.

Other than that I suggested a mass pitch invasion Vs Sheffield UTD live on sky, just something to physically affect the runnings of the club in a way that cannot be ignored.

We need to constantly chnage our approach until we find the one that changes things. But firsts things first we need to be united, we need our trust to step up the mark.

I have given you all at least some evidence as why the NOPM campaign will not work, that is more than anything you can give me to suggest it will? other than "companies cannot operate without consumers" yes thats true, but i am 100% sure SISU would rather franchise the club than sell.

Skybluepiglet

So in short..If you really wanna go to Northampton..just do it.

It will not matter to SISU overall ??

The more I read on here the more it seems us fans really have no power in any of this.

The NOPM is what I support ..but can it work?

torchomatic

Piglet, I thought you were going to Northampton, it "was your right", etc etc.

oakey

Mustang, it really is very simple:
The owners cannot do anything without fans. They need our money.
They are not getting my money until they return the club to Coventry.
That's it. They must return or sell or liquidate.
We cannot second guess their plans or how things will pan out.
We can only signal our principled position and stick to it.
By going to Sixfields you are telling our owners that you are willing to follow the club. This time 35 miles. Next time may be further. They will then say, we had no choice. If you fall for that line this time they will be confident that with a sob story you will again.
You are giving them permission to move the club permanently.
I will not give them an inch.
KCIC
NOPM
PUSB

blend

I agree with a lot of your points Mustang. Personally I think the pitch invasion is a great idea, not sure that enough fans would.

If SISUs plan is still to get the Ricoh somehow then I believe NOPM can be effective. 1.75m over 1 season 8.75m over 5 seasons it all adds up. At some point their losses must get unbearable. Unless, as others have alluded to, there is something else going on with money in and out of the club. Who is losing out and who is winning? More importantly how can it be sustainable?

There are more twists and turns to come in this game of poker. Whatever they are going to do next I cannot be a part of it. It just aint football anymore.

jesus-wept

No need for any campaign, fans won't go simple as that. 2 seasons ago the average home gate including away fans was about 15000 last year that was down nearly 30%. There is your answer. Last week on the most interesting game of the season the first at Sixfields the gate was 2224 including away supporters of around 700 so that's about 1500 and some say those figures were exaggerated, I don't know how true that is. That was on a nice day weather wise.
Don't say the charity game interfered those who were determined to go to Sixfields went, I would guess less than a couple of hundred waverers will add to the gate and that's if we are winning. Lets see what the gates v Gillingham and Colchester are those games will indicate the truth re. gates. I think both games will struggle to get much more than 1200.

You see apathy creeps in and playing on a Sunday doesn't help either. Fans become armchair supporters, vent their spleens on little websites like this then carry on with their lives without the City.

Last edited:

ccfcmustang

By going to Sixfields you are telling our owners that you are willing to follow the club. This time 35 miles. Next time may be further. They will then say, we had no choice. If you fall for that line this time they will be confident that with a sob story you will again.
KCIC
NOPM
PUSB

I respect what your saying but ask yourself this, after losing £45,000,000 already (I think that was what was quoted) do you think they would just suddenly pull the plug? or do you think they would just franchise the club and move somewhere else, permanently? Like I said Im not against the campaign I just think more could be done and I think NOPM campaign can/and is used by SOME lazy fans who use it as a scapegoat

skybluebeduff

KCIC
NOPM
PUSB
Sir I salute you, I wish everyone would look at it this way, but some people really are just too dumb to know it.

letsallsingtogether

Do not think they will Franchise the club regardless they have no love or loyalty for the team, fans or even the City...They have shown this by not listening to anyone and doing as they please that has to be a recipe for disaster many a business has done this before and they are no more?

I respect what your saying but ask yourself this, after losing £45,000,000 already (I think that was what was quoted) do you think they would just suddenly pull the plug? or do you think they would just franchise the club and move somewhere else, permanently? Like I said Im not against the campaign I just think more could be done and I think NOPM campaign can/and is used by SOME lazy fans who use it as a scapegoat

ccfcmustang

Do not think they will Franchise the club regardless they have no love or loyalty for the team, fans or even the City...They have shown this by not listening to anyone and doing as they please that has to be a recipe for disaster many a business has done this before and they are no more?

If that is your stance them why do you not support the idea of a start up team? We have to adapt to situations that we are presented with but first of all we desperately require fans unity. It is CLEAR that we will not have unity in the NOPM campaign

SuperCov

Without this revenue I think there is more chance of the club franchising and moving away rather than coming home.

So are you saying if people don't go and support them in Northampton they'll franchise? I'd say the exact opposite to that, if people show they're willing to travel then they'll franchise. There'd be no need to come back.

The fans have become divided and the gap between this division is only widening. The fans need some sort of leadership. This should have come from the trust, from the outset. I agree that the KCIC campaign was a good idea however I now see the trust withering away and not attempted to bridge the gap of disgruntled fans. This is why we need a change of direction.

I'm fully behind KCIC, I think alot of people are, however, it has completely gone off the radar.

I dont dislike the NOPM campaign by any stretch of the imagination however I feel it can be used as a scapegoat by lazy fans who just think that shouting NOPM will change everything.

Partially agree. I don't see the point in NOPM, I can't see how it'd make SISU leave.

We need a new direction, new leadership and begin to unite us fans again. We are much stronger together than we are apart. Arguing amongst ourselves shows us to be a mockery and actually shows SISU are winning.

Agree. Start KCIC again, more of the city is behind that, aren't they?

While I agree we need SISU gone we also need transparency of our club at board level. This is why i suggested attempting to purchase Brody's 4% stake in the club and then to elect a fan rep to sit on the board. At least we have something which we can use as a catalyst to get things done. At least Fisher would have to listen to fans opinions and any wrong doings will be brought to light.

Intresting idea. Needs someone with some more knowledge to look into that. Which isn't me :D.

Other than that I suggested a mass pitch invasion Vs Sheffield UTD live on sky, just something to physically affect the runnings of the club in a way that cannot be ignored.

A massive sit down on the pitch. Lol. Could do something during halftime? Hold up the start of the second half etc?

We need to constantly chnage our approach until we find the one that changes things. But firsts things first we need to be united, we need our trust to step up the mark.

We need something that the majority believe in and can get behind.

skybluebeduff

If that is your stance them why do you not support the idea of a start up team? We have to adapt to situations that we are presented with but first of all we desperately require fans unity. It is CLEAR that we will not have unity in the NOPM campaign

If you want unity then help get rid of SISU, anyway that you can, the fans will always be here, sitting, waiting, hoping their club come home!

bigfatronssba

If your using the same Greg Clark that once said the club wouldn't be allowed to on leave without a clear plan to return, I would use caution when listening to his words.

ccfcmustang

Do we all agree that the trust need to step up in their efforts to unite fans? their silence is filling me with no confidence. We need something the whole city can be behind and WANTS to be a part of. SISU will not be starved out of the club, they havent been so far nothing suggests they will

ccfcmustang

And another thing, yes the attendances have been falling every season since they joined, true. So why do you think lowering the attendences further will make them leave? they have seen that for 6 years its nothing to SISU

shmmeee

Not sure what more you want from the Trust, you keep talking about their lack of action, but what do you want? I asked a member about Brody's share (totally wasnt your idea :p) and apparently they've already tried to make contact with no headway. They have the London protests, the 130th birthday party, the wristbands, ribbons everywhere, they're even putting an action plan together in case fan ownership becomes a possibility. I'm sure they'd gladly accept any suggestions that aren't illegal (condoning pitch invasions).

J

Jack Griffin

For it to work it is a 2-3 year project.. its only been in operation a few weeks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ccfcmustang

Not sure what more you want from the Trust, you keep talking about their lack of action, but what do you want? I asked a member about Brody's share (totally wasnt your idea :p) and apparently they've already tried to make contact with no headway. They have the London protests, the 130th birthday party, the wristbands, ribbons everywhere, they're even putting an action plan together in case fan ownership becomes a possibility. I'm sure they'd gladly accept any suggestions that aren't illegal (condoning pitch invasions).
I doubt full fan ownership will be a possibility with SISU in charge, what I do see as a possibility is minority shareholding. whether it be Brody's share where by we could make a formal legal offer, which he cannot ignore. My issue with the trust is, the gap between the fans is getting bigger and bigger. We have split into 2 seperate supporters groups basically. What i would of liked to see from them is attempts to unite fans and come up with suggestions that all fans can agree with. they seem to only side with one half of us fans and ignore the other. They are neglecting half of us. We are much stronger together

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I doubt full fan ownership will be a possibility with SISU in charge, what I do see as a possibility is minority shareholding. whether it be Brody's share where by we could make a formal legal offer, which he cannot ignore. My issue with the trust is, the gap between the fans is getting bigger and bigger. We have split into 2 seperate supporters groups basically. What i would of liked to see from them is attempts to unite fans and come up with suggestions that all fans can agree with. they seem to only side with one half of us fans and ignore the other. They are neglecting half of us. We are much stronger together

How exactly is anyone going to unite the fans? 90% wont go 10% will the only way we will unite is if we all g or we all stay away this is not going to happen. So my friend accept it the fans are divided and they will continue to be divided till we come home. If we do come home there will still be a division between the Sisu out/in, Acl out/in the Ricoh is souless etc etc brigades

Noggin

If fans brought a 10% share in the club for a pound we would then owe SISU £7 million and end up losing our houses and that doesn't seem smart, or am I misunderstanding?

Ashdown1

Some of you on here are criticising me given my previous stance on the NOPM campaign.

I know we are only 3 games into the new season and no consequence of the campaign will have developed by now however, Greg Clarke has said that his accountants have seen PROOF OF FUNDS to be able to put down an initial £10,000,000 to a new stadium AND funds to cover all losses while we ground share at Northampton. This stance has been echoed by TF and the F.A.

Now for the maths. If we sold out Sixfields every week, to make things easier, lets say 7000 every game for 23 games. Right, at £16 a ticket this would mean revenue of just £2,576,000 this season. Taking away now policing costs, stewarding costs and the rest that figure probably in the region of £750,000 to £1,000,000. That leaves a revenue of around £1,750,000. Compared to the around £50,000,000 they claim to have invested already, that number is pennies.

SISU have maintained that the club is not for sale. here is where my worry is. Without this revenue I think there is more chance of the club franchising and moving away rather than coming home. We all know that SISU have no intention of building a new stadium, they want the Ricoh. The council will not sell to "such an unethical company" and so they shouldnt. So what options does this leave? 1) Franchising the club and moving to a different location 2) Sell the club. Nothing over the past 6 years has suggested to me that SISU will sell the club. Somehow Joy and Tim have convinced their investors to keep investing. They would not suddenly pull the plug after investing so much capital, it just will not happen. If they did choose to sell the price would be astronomical considering their investments into the club, the price tag significantly higher than anyone will be willing to pay.

SISU have not even acknowledged the various protests and campaigns that have surfaced over the past few months. The fans have become divided and the gap between this division is only widening. The fans need some sort of leadership. This should have come from the trust, from the outset. I agree that the KCIC campaign was a good idea however I now see the trust withering away and not attempted to bridge the gap of disgruntled fans. This is why we need a change of direction.

We need a new direction, new leadership and begin to unite us fans again. We are much stronger together than we are apart. Arguing amongst ourselves shows us to be a mockery and actually shows SISU are winning. it is basically a carbon copy of Wimbledon/MK Dons.

I have given you all at least some evidence as why the NOPM campaign will not work, that is more than anything you can give me to suggest it will? other than "companies cannot operate without consumers" yes thats true, but i am 100% sure SISU would rather franchise the club than sell.

We are only 3 games in.........................I didn't need to read the rest !!

ccfcmustang

How exactly is anyone going to unite the fans? 90% wont go 10% will the only way we will unite is if we all g or we all stay away this is not going to happen. So my friend accept it the fans are divided and they will continue to be divided till we come home. If we do come home there will still be a division between the Sisu out/in, Acl out/in the Ricoh is souless etc etc brigades

Broken Hearted Sky Blue, I agree with that however, we need an approach that is proactive, simply staying away will drive SISU further. The NOPM campaign will not bring us home, it simply wont. Attendences have been falling for years, nothing SISU arent used to, they have massively cut the budget expecting attendances to be even lower. Starving SISU out will not happen. Joy has even said she wuold make a take it or leave it offer for the Ricoh, is that not enough evidence to show they have funds? changing our approach to ACCOMMODATE all fans must be the direction we go

ccfcmustang

We are only 3 games in.........................I didn't need to read the rest !!

if we carry on the way we are going, everything will be the same after 43 games, then i can guarantee people on here will be saying 'its a 3 year plan, theres 2 more to go' wake up and smell the coffee. starving them out will not work

Yorkshire SB

Don't understand why people think the club could become a franchise?

SISU know the only long term option is to bring the club back to Coventry and they have never suggested anything different. It makes no sense for them to have any other aim. As for the suggestion that this is a carbon copy of Wimbledon/MK Dons...disagree entirely. Milton Keynes had a population of 250 000 and no football team to speak of, and the owners of Wimbledon took advantage of that. Whilst being absolutely atrocious, there was an element of logic to their thinking and they've been proven correct as the club have attracted local fans. Where and why would SISU move Coventry? Northampton already has a football team, and is a town more dominated by rugby support than football anyway. Furthermore Coventry has one of the largest populations in the UK, the fan base and the potential is all here.

ccfcmustang

Don't understand why people think the club could become a franchise?

SISU know the only long term option is to bring the club back to Coventry and they have never suggested anything different. It makes no sense for them to have any other aim. As for the suggestion that this is a carbon copy of Wimbledon/MK Dons...disagree entirely. Milton Keynes had a population of 250 000 and no football team to speak of, and the owners of Wimbledon took advantage of that. Whilst being absolutely atrocious, there was an element of logic to their thinking and they've been proven correct as the club have attracted local fans. Where and why would SISU move Coventry? Northampton already has a football team, and is a town more dominated by rugby support than football anyway. Furthermore Coventry has one of the largest populations in the UK, the fan base and the potential is all here.

Coventry population - 316,900
Disgruntled, falling fan base. irretrievable relationship with council and some fans.

Dudley (No football team) population - 310,800
Have 1 sh*t team playing 8 rings below the league and they finished bottom.

Croydon (no official football team) population - 330, 688

Next criticism?

Last edited:

DazzleTommyDazzle

I doubt full fan ownership will be a possibility with SISU in charge, what I do see as a possibility is minority shareholding. whether it be Brody's share where by we could make a formal legal offer, which he cannot ignore.

What is a "formal legal offer"?

Why would he be unable to ignore it?

ccfcmustang

If we presented Mr. Brody with a formal offer for his stake in the club he would have to 1) accept 2) reject 3) negotiate. he cannot just ignore a formal offer

thaiskyblue

just seen a pig fly past my window. sisu are going to spend 10,000000 ?, do you still believe in father xmas ?

ccfcmustang

Marketing is done by all football clubs and I think you are clinging onto tiny glimmers of hope. like I said if we sold out every game they would have revenue of £2.5m that is not enough to support this club. This is what i mean by they have the funds to accommodate the loss, if they didnt they would of stayed at the ricoh its that simple

Users who are viewing this thread