SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (7 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

Looking forward to see this lad play. Seems he's got the right attributes. Wonder how we'll set up with Saka in the side ? Back to the old 4-4-2 so as a traditional RW with Simms and Godden/A.N.Other up front ? Down the middle in the usual Midfield 3 ? As has been said, he looks too offensively minded to play RWB so it's either a change of formation or MR is planning on pulling another of his midnight magic tricks.

Finham

Looking forward to see this lad play. Seems he's got the right attributes. Wonder how we'll set up with Saka in the side ? Back to the old 4-4-2 so as a traditional RW with Simms and Godden/A.N.Other up front ? Down the middle in the usual Midfield 3 ? As has been said, he looks too offensively minded to play RWB so it's either a change of formation or MR is planning on pulling another of his midnight magic tricks.

"Although a naturally left-footed player, Sakamoto is understood to have been drafted in to operate as a right wing-back following the departures of Fankaty Dabo, Brooke Norton-Cuffy and Todd Kane.

Scott Coyne from the Belgian Football Podcast has spoken to CoventryLive to give fans an insight into what to expect from the Tokyo-born player who previously played in the J2 and J1 leagues in Japan before moving to Europe in 2022.

"The first thing to say is that he is a good player,” said Coyne. “We’ve enjoyed watching him at The BFP – a standout player in a poor Oostende side.”

"Best position: “The good news is that he can actually play on either the left or right, although his natural position is as a right back but Oostende were playing him mostly on the left as an attacking midfielder/winger. He is small physically, with a low centre of gravity. He also possesses decent pace and is a strong dribbler.”

He's also very deep on a lot of highlights of him-and the man himself says he's very versatile!

Finham

Good examples of Japanese names here to practice the alphabet with: List of emperors of Japan - Wikipedia

EG Nukatabe = Nu-ka-ta-be (like "noo-kaa-taa-bay")
Hatsusebe = Ha-tsu-se-be (like "ha-tsu-say-bay"
And my personal favourite, and I might have got this wrong, but I think due to the lack of a "wo" it is correct and explains why the accent is as such:
Woke = Ro-ke (like Roe-kaay).

skyblue025

Chris Whyte. Signed on a months loan from Leeds. Played 1 game then was banned for the rest of the games as had been sent off playing for Leeds. Big Fat Ron didn't realise when he signed him. 😳

Welcome Tatsu.

Finham

Now if you want to understand his bows, or bow to him:

"Unlike in western culture, bowing in Japan, known as ojigi, is an important etiquette that is learned from a young age.
Depending on the situation, a bow can be a small nod of the head or a deep bend at the waist. A deep, long bow indicates respect, and a smaller nod is usually less formal.
Bowing in Japan can be used to signify emotions, including appreciation, respect, remorse or gratitude."

Clive Baker.

torchomatic

Or he knew we were interested aged ago and started watching us.

Or an agreement was in place in January. We've done that before.

Sick Boy

I thought it was odd how Simms was wearing a huge black jumper when it was supposedly hotter than normal. The clubs clearly signed and done interviews days before announcing the recent signings. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are others over in Portugal now as well - that and the delay in announcing Vik’s move maybe a crafty way to avoid paying over the odds.

Balli001

I thought it was odd how Simms was wearing a huge black jumper when it was supposedly hotter than normal. The clubs clearly signed and done interviews days before announcing the recent signings. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are others over in Portugal now as well - that and the delay in announcing Vik’s move maybe a crafty way to avoid paying over the odds.
Fairly sure simms media was done the day he signed and sakamoto on friday

Adamrb

What was the fee? Not played at a high level but trust the recruitment team if they think he’s good enough. Sounds good for squad versatility as well

Users who are viewing this thread