SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Why mention the NHS at all? Why mention there's a backlog, when he's talking about medicals? Why justify what's a bloody silly thing for the club manager to say, followed up by him popping out an appeal for somebody to teach our new signing English, when it's not the hardest thing to find really!

It's shambolic and amateur really.

Id guess that the NHS when not in crisis rents them out to private?

MalcSB

Id guess that the NHS when not in crisis rents them out to private?
There aren’t enough scanners in the NHS. Coventry were trying to put five CT scanners activity through three CTs. More likely that private scanners are being rented out to the NHS.

shmmeee

There aren’t enough scanners in the NHS. Coventry were trying to put five CT scanners activity through three CTs. More likely that private scanners are being rented out to the NHS.

Well same issue then. If NHS is hiring private capacity to cut backlogs then fewer available for football clubs, no?

mrfr

Can’t remember his username but pretty sure there’s a poster on here fluent in Japanese, actually. Got it - @mrfr
Unfortunately I live in Devon so face-to-face lessons is a stretch. I’ll have a look at my university alumni though, we might have some folks not too far away.

DrPoolittle

Or we could improve the NHS by prioritising best treatment for patients, rather than a dogmatic obsession with how it’s funded ;)

Grendel

Bit of a situation for Robins as MVE looked at it when he came on and Sakatomo looks very accomplished on the left and more capable than Da Silva

Alkhen

I know its never going to happen but I really wish people would stop calling Tats 'Saka'

He has literally said on record his shortened name/nickname. All the players and even Robins use Tats or Tatsu

skybluecam

I know its never going to happen but I really wish people would stop calling Tats 'Saka'

He has literally said on record his shortened name/nickname. All the players and even Robins use Tats or Tatsu
Feels weird using his first name when he’s been at the club 5 minutes.

Fans generally refer to players using their second names while their teammates are obviously going to use first names.

Alkhen

Feels weird using his first name when he’s been at the club 5 minutes.

Fans generally refer to players using their second names while their teammates are obviously going to use first names.
Vik and Gus caught on fast enough! I genuinely think people just like using Saka because of the Arsenal player.

Milan seems to be catching on too.

Last edited:

Alkhen

Whilst I'm ranting about names.

Hate to rag on them as having a Cov Podcast has really added to the fan experience in recent years... But.. some of the Skyblues extra lads absolutely mangle names, even the easy ones! It not that hard is it? There is loads of content up YouTube by the club where the players names have been confirmed. Just learn them.

Finham

In his initial interview, he actually said "you can call me Tatsu (with a very quiet Japanese "u" sound that his team-mates and you didn't hear) or Saka". It's people calling him Tats that really pisses me off! I'm sure he'd be too polite to complain, though.

Alkhen

In his initial interview, he actually said "you can call me Tatsu (with a very quiet Japanese "u" sound that his team-mates and you didn't hear) or Saka". It's people calling him Tats that really pisses me off! I'm sure he'd be too polite to complain, though.
Screenshot_2023-10-08-03-14-03-180_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I wouldn't be able to resist in calling him, HELLO MOTO. 😂

Finham

"Tats" is actually "Tatsu", as in Japanese every letter is made from one to three English letters creating a sound. I actually explained all this when he signed, but "Ta-tsu" is how it is spelt-Ta or た is one letter, tsu or つ is another letter. たつ. The alphabet is on here: Hiragana - The Japanese Alphabet (Hiragana Chart)

As you can see from that, there is literally no letter in Japanese that makes the flat "ts" sound, there is always a u there, even though it is often quiet-especially to Western ears. I heard his interview and it was quiet but there. Anyone who knows some Japanese will have heard it. Why the fuck would he have a nickname that he can't spell or even say in his own language?!

So our players saying "Tats" is actually a new nickname created through mispronunciation and ignorance that he will take as just being a very very quiet "Tatsu".

Brighton Sky Blue

"Tats" is actually "Tatsu", as in Japanese every letter is made from one to three English letters creating a sound. I actually explained all this when he signed, but "Ta-tsu" is how it is spelt-Ta or た is one letter, tsu or つ is another letter. たつ. The alphabet is on here: Hiragana - The Japanese Alphabet (Hiragana Chart)

As you can see from that, there is literally no letter in Japanese that makes the flat "ts" sound, there is always a u there, even though it is often quiet-especially to Western ears. I heard his interview and it was quiet but there. Anyone who knows some Japanese will have heard it. Why the fuck would he have a nickname that he can't spell or even say in his own language?!

So our players saying "Tats" is actually a new nickname created through mispronunciation and ignorance that he will take as just being a very very quiet "Tatsu".
Comedy Central Gamer GIF by South Park

Alkhen

I get that, I knew it was Tatsu he literally said it. Pretty bloody obvious that it would get shortened even further as that is just what British people do.. it's not maliciously culturally insensitive it's just what happens in a changing room full of 20 something footballers.

My point stands calling him 'Saka' is lamer

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So I can't try and start the chant "Get your Tats out for the lads" if we want him on as a sub?

skybluecam

I get that, I knew it was Tatsu he literally said it. Pretty bloody obvious that it would get shortened even further as that is just what British people do.. it's not maliciously culturally insensitive it's just what happens in a changing room full of 20 something footballers.

My point stands calling him 'Saka' is lamer
I think arguing over nicknames is about as lame as it gets

I'll continue calling him Saka (I usually say Sakamoto when speaking but can't be arsed typing it).

Users who are viewing this thread