Signs are looking good (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

needs to work out a midfield and fast, wouldnt want to rush him back but we’re desperate for o hare to come back, sheaf, o hare and Ayari are the only real quality we’ve got in there but Eccles,Kelly and Palmer would be on the bench if we had a decent side, work In progress,hopefully A couple new faces in January, always going to be hard this season after losing the 2 best players in the league

pusbccfc

Ultimately, there's two ways of looking at it and neither one is wrong.

Expectations are just so high considering the money we've spent.

fatso

5 games unbeaten. We were pretty impressive first half before we tired. Signs are good. As the season progresses Robins and Adi are going to have a superb team on their hands. Have patience, we will go from strength to strength. What a player Van Ewijk is BTW!
1 win in 6, 3 shite strikers, piss poor use of subs, no tactical awareness.

It's criminal that Simms gets a run out while Sakamoto is a spectator as our midfield is over run.

I slated Allen last season, but I'd welcome him back with open arms now.
Can't wait for O'hare to return, and the January transfer window to open.

I'd take £4 million for Simms and Wright in January.

Perryccfc

I thought we looked terrible tonight. First game I’ve watched this season and thought we looked incredibly disjointed. Put it down as a one off hopefully. Didn’t think much of Hull either though and they’re apparently a good side.

DrPoolittle

I know, we'd be lucky to get anywhere near that.
I thought we looked terrible tonight. First game I’ve watched this season and thought we looked incredibly disjointed. Put it down as a one off hopefully. Didn’t think much of Hull either though and they’re apparently a good side.

it’s immensely frustrsting. Thanks to the sound foundations built by SISU, the club has had a unique chance to invest. But the belief that money equals success has become too ingrained.
it’s still early though

Finham

it’s immensely frustrsting. Thanks to the sound foundations built by SISU, the club has had a unique chance to invest. But the belief that money equals success has become too ingrained.
it’s still early though
SISU destroyed the foundations!

Mucca Mad Boys

Why do you think that is? Kelly and Eccles is a pretty weak partnership. Good defensively but going forwards they don’t really offer much. Ayari too was missing the final touches too today.

The midfield has to be improved in January.

nicksar

We have a big problem with Sheaf being out for weeks ,you can bet Kelly will pick up an injury in the next couple of weeks and be out for months...the one young player we have who could fill in has been loaned to Dundee for the season.
I expect Joel will be deployed in a defensive midfield role soon.I do like Josh Eccles but he's just the type of player who will never be easy on the eye,effective but very workmanlike.
The centre of the back three needs a change, McFadzean (who's been a fantastic servant to the club) lacks pace now and is being caught out frequently,not a surprise at 36 to be fair... hopefully Robins will use Thomas in the centre of the defence and Kitching on left... no point spending the money on them if he doesn't tbh,but he's the most stubborn of managers with his favourite players.

napolimp

Agree with OP, plus said it elsewhere already - 1 loss in 6 matches now, that averages out between 7 to 8 losses for season. No team has ever finished outside the playoffs with less than 10 losses.

rob9872

Agree with OP, plus said it elsewhere already - 1 loss in 6 matches now, that averages out between 7 to 8 losses for season. No team has ever finished outside the playoffs with less than 10 losses.
Whist that's true, 1 win in 6 is also average 8 wins and I can't think that would ever have been in the play offs. Not suggesting we will only win 8 of course but can't pick and choose only the favourable stats.

cowboy1850

At some point soon Robin's has to (carefully!) start to demand better from some of the new signings, especially the attacking players. We can't afford to spend millions on players that sit on the bench (Sakamoto, Simms).

Deity

At some point soon Robin's has to (carefully!) start to demand better from some of the new signings, especially the attacking players. We can't afford to spend millions on players that sit on the bench (Sakamoto, Simms).
Chicken and egg …. He’s not giving them the minutes to find their form.

stevefloyd

As well as Kelly played we were chasing the game in midfield, the strikers were starved of the ball although Wright looked really poor last night, looked like a rabbit in the headlights whenever he got the ball, Godden chased a lot but whats the point of Wilson and co pumping the ball up for Godden to chase???? he is too slow for that so that didn't work, Wright looked like he couldn't be arsed to be there never mind chasing anything but Van Ewijk looked very good although neither wingback really put any telling balls into the strikers. I would say we just need a little luck in front of goal but I think Kelly was the only one who made the keeper save anything having said that the team are settling in together and at least holding their own and but for gifting a few goals to the opposition we could be sitting pretty high...time will tell.

Boicey

We will have serious problems scoring this season (and the next few I suspect).
Draws don't cut it.
Mid table side on balance

bigfatronssba

We will have serious problems scoring this season (and the next few I suspect).
Draws don't cut it.
Mid table side on balance

What are you basing that on?

bigfatronssba

Christ the meltdowns on here make the one at Chernobyl look mild.

We’ve pretty much got an entirely new team. We’re trying to play a completely new system.

At times we look very good.
Ability isn’t the problem
Effort isn’t the problem
Poor decision making/silly mistakes is a problem
The team looking disjointed is a problem.

Thankfully mistakes and a disjointed team is something that can be worked on.

This season so far has been typical Robins. And that is when the team isn’t firing on all cylinders, just make sure you don’t lose.

Each player will click and come fully up to speed at different times. For instance everyone on here raving about MVE last night. He was average for the first few games. Now he is up to speed we’ll see him for the player he really is.
Others will settle over the next few weeks as well, and we’ll see their true ability.

Were on a 5 game unbeaten run, had some very tricky fixtures, and are currently the highest place team of last year’s top 10.

Within the next few games those draws will turn into wins

Otis

1 win in 6, 3 shite strikers, piss poor use of subs, no tactical awareness.

It's criminal that Simms gets a run out while Sakamoto is a spectator as our midfield is over run.

I slated Allen last season, but I'd welcome him back with open arms now.
Can't wait for O'hare to return, and the January transfer window to open.

I'd take £4 million for Simms and Wright in January.
2 defeats in 25 isn't it?

Not bad for no tactical awareness. 🤪

If he had just a little bit, would we win the title by eleventy billion points?

fatso

2 defeats in 25 isn't it?

Not bad for no tactical awareness. 🤪

If he had just a little bit, would we win the title by eleventy billion points?
I'm only looking at this season, you can't go back to the days of Gyokeres, Hamer, Doyle Mcnally etc, last season we had some excellent players who carried us to the play offs.

Since then I fear we've invested in 2 poor strikers, but you can't say that on here as people are still waiting for them to some how turn into Shearer and Sutton, but let's be honest now, no amount of "gelling" is going to make this pair work, and playing two turds together will only make a shit sandwich.

I love MR, but his piss poor use of subs and his constant favouritism of the same poor players is annoying at times.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm only looking at this season, you can't go back to the days of Gyokeres, Hamer, Doyle Mcnally etc, last season we had some excellent players who carried us to the play offs.

Since then I fear we've invested in 2 poor strikers, but you can't say that on here as people are still waiting for them to some how turn into Shearer and Sutton, but let's be honest now, no amount of "gelling" is going to make this pair work, and playing two turds together will only make a shit sandwich.

I love MR, but his piss poor use of subs and his constant favouritism of the same poor players is annoying at times.
So would you think it best we try to sell both of them in January and try again? What if their replacements don’t light up the place after 6 games?

Users who are viewing this thread