Signs your getting old (2 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

When you look at the current first team squad and two of the players i used to play football with their dad DKE’s and the same with James Maddison’s dad. Just thought as well cricket with Cammy and his dad

Otis

You know you're getting old when you still feel suicidal after a performance such as today by the City, but you decide to come home and have a sit down on the sofa first with a nice mug of hot chocolate while you mull it all over.

bringbackrattles

That result has sunk in now and I feel grumpy. Got a miserable customer today so it'll be a contest to see who is the sulkier one ? 6-2 what a piss take !

Bumberclart

When the music collection in your car is described at 'old school' by a colleague in his 20's.

When you sit on the bog and your nuts hang in the water.

rob9872

You know you're getting old when you notice that someone has typed "your" instead of "you're" ;-)

Last edited:

Gazolba

the last few months when I wake up I’ve always had a backache

Hair out of the ear holes but I’ve just had to pull out a grey nostril hair
Yes, hair growing everywhere but your head is a sure sign.

Gazolba

Sorry to be depressing, but when your parents and every single aunt and uncle is dead, you know you are getting on a bit.

Gazolba

When you can remember CCFC not playing in Sky Blue.

richnrg

funny-road-sign-elderly-cemetery.jpg

Malaka

Kids music is shit and my kids watching people play games on youtube rather than plying them is beyond me

Otis

Kids music is shit and my kids watching people play games on youtube rather than plying them is beyond me
Amen to that! What is that shit all about?

I watched my daughter, who was watching people's reactions to people playing on YouTube and then said to her 'So let me get this straight, you are watching someone who is watching someone playing Minecraft?'

'Yep!'

Beyond belief.

The phones thing drives me nuts too. They do everything with the phone besides use it as a phone!

Yesterday she had arranged to meet a friend in town at 1:30 to go to JamJar, so I said I would I drop her off. They were due to meet at the transport museum.

Got there and parked in the little drop off layby there and there was no sign of her friend. 'Ring her' I said.

'Okay' she says. I wait a few seconds and then look in the rear view mirror at her and see that she is texting.

So.....

She types a text message. 15 seconds or so wasted. 'Where are u? We are here.'

30 seconds later a reply comes back. 'I am on the bus, just by IKEA.'

She types another message. Ok. How long will you be?' Another few seconds wasted.

30 seconds later a reply comes back. 'I think I will be about 2 minutes.'

She types another message. 'Ok. Where are you getting off?'

20 odd seconds later 'Not sure. Where do you want me to get off?'

'Hmm, not sure. I could walk up to JamJar if you want.'

20 seconds later 'I think the bus has just gone past JamJar.'

Daughter starts to type another message....

I snap at this point and say 'Just bloody ring her for God's sake! Geez! It's a bloody telephone. Ring her and you could sort it all out in about 10 seconds. What's with all the text messaging?'

She must have wasted at least 5 or 6 minutes texting back and forth and some messages were getting crossed too.

Crazy! My daughter never, ever rings anyone.

richnrg

I watched my daughter, who was watching people's reactions to people playing on YouTube and then said to her 'So let me get this straight, you are watching someone who is watching someone playing Minecraft?'

'Yep!'

Beyond belief.

The phones thing drives me nuts too. They do everything with the phone besides use it as a phone!

Yesterday she had arranged to meet a friend in town at 1:30 to go to JamJar, so I said I would I drop her off. They were due to meet at the transport museum.

Got there and parked in the little drop off layby there and there was no sign of her friend. 'Ring her' I said.

'Okay' she says. I wait a few seconds and then look in the rear view mirror at her and see that she is texting.

So.....

She types another message. Ok. How long will you be?' Another few seconds wasted.

I snap at this point and say 'Just bloody ring her for God's sake! Geez! It's a bloody telephone. Ring her and you could sort it all out in about 10 seconds. What's with all the text messaging?'

She must have wasted at least 5 or 6 minutes texting back and forth and some messages were getting crossed too.

You must stop her hanging around with that deaf girl.

Captain Dart

Sorry to be depressing, but when your parents and every single aunt and uncle is dead, you know you are getting on a bit.
Yeah, it sucks.

wingy

'Yep!'

Beyond belief.

So.....

She's not alone there are a whole generation like that.

Otis

She's not alone there are a whole generation like that.
Have noticed. The one thing mobile phones were originally designed for (to make calls on the go) is the one function none of the kids use.

They are all happy to talk to each other on Skype or Facetime though.

Users who are viewing this thread