Simeon Jackson (1 Viewer)

hill83

Ha ha, everyone moaning at Grendel when in fact he was talking about McDonald and not Jackson. It was clear what he was talking about. Then ignoring him when he explains himself. Pathetic. Apologise.

Last edited:

Gint11

Why does everything turn negative on this forum. We've made a great signing. When fit he will be a good player for us at this level. End of story. But we seen to turn the tables and compare him.

LJC_CCFC

Why does everything turn negative on this forum. We've made a great signing. When fit he will be a good player for us at this level. End of story. But we seen to turn the tables and compare him.

Because Cov fans don't ever want to be happy

bringbackrattles

Jackson should do well for us so let's give him a chance.He's scored goals before and we're League One not the Championship. Can't believe he's been judged before he's even had a game !

LB87ccfc

Jackson should do well for us so let's give him a chance.He's scored goals before and we're League One not the Championship. Can't believe he's been judged before he's even had a game !

Typical idiot brigade judging before even kicked a ball.

Get him fit and a run of games, he will score for fun in this league, offers pace and power and a different option to what we already have.. majority judging are the ones wanking off in 5 weeks time when he smashes one in to win us the game.

SkyBlueCRJ

I really have to take my hat off to SP for bringing in Jackson. Proven goalscorer that loves to work his socks off. From what i've seen of him playing for Norwich he's a solid replacement for Wilson and completely mirrors his physicality. If he stays fit his pace and agility should be a real handful for opposition defenders in this division. Our starting 11 is really starting to shape up nicely. Why are people bothering to talk about McDonald, no discussion needed, he was awful in a Cov shirt

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Typical idiot brigade judging before even kicked a ball.

Get him fit and a run of games, he will score for fun in this league, offers pace and power and a different option to what we already have.. majority judging are the ones wanking off in 5 weeks time when he smashes one in to win us the game.

Majority judging? Typical idiot brigade?

Can you point me to one post on this thread that judges him poorly; let alone a 'majority'?

LB87ccfc

Can you point me to one post on this thread that judges him poorly; let alone a 'majority'?

Take a closer look at the thread... comparing to other players, comparing records... its all bollocks, players come and go end of story..

Too many judging on past histories, not just on here but overall on other sites.
I for one will be backing Jackson to come good for us.

Gint11

Page 1 of this thread by Mark82. Small comment for sure but still a negative one.

turlykerd

i find all this talk funny... a month ago, all the transfer talk on here was how badly we need strikers...now weve got a shit load , the focus has turned to CM and CB etc..... SP just cant win with some it seems.

i for one, am real pleased with the new signings, and im looking forward to seeing them play, hopefully when they have all gelled a little.

we had a real good result over the weekend, and hopefully another one today would be awesome, and it would also put to bed, that shocking first half against cardiff.

now all we really need is for beardy fisher to bring us back home !!

PUSB , and good luck to simeon jackson !!

Grendel

We let him go for free whilst we were in league one and had no back up striker.

I suspect we paid him off actually to get rid of him - your obsession is wierd.

Grendel

Take it you have not seen many Cov matches

Rennie
Sherwood
Oneil
Drinkwell
Bellemy
Lee Mills
Kevin Kyle

And that's just off the top of my head.

A bizarre selection I have to say. Despite their shortcomings all played better than McDonald for coventry with the possible exception of Keith O'neil.

You honestly can say Bellamy played worse?

I have watched Coventry since 1972 and I can honestly say his debut was the equal worst of a time - alongside tommy Langley - and it never got much better

dongonzalos

Bellamy was more frustrating as he clearly had more ability in his little finger than any other player we had.
Yet he never realised anywhere near that potential for us so yes.

mds

Bellamy was a collars turned up kind of cnut, thought he was bigger than the club when he came and even bigger when he left.
Collars or not he was a cnut.
Dont like to slag players off, but didnt like him before he joined, didnt like him being here and still dont like the guy now!

hill83

Bellamy was a helmet. But he did infinitely more for our team that Cody McFuckingDonald.
Turn it in Dongo. He was shit. You mental case.

Grendel

Got agree with the post prior to yours infinitely correct

Don McDonald was shocking. His debut was terrible - he was so unfit he couldn't even walk.

He had zero pace, no obvious commitment, was incapable of holding the ball up and zero awareness of what was around him.

He also seems to be Eastwood esque in that he is not capable of living out of Essex.

To suggest he is anywhere near as good as Bellamy is embarrasing.

dongonzalos

Don McDonald was shocking. His debut was terrible - he was so unfit he couldn't even walk.

He had zero pace, no obvious commitment, was incapable of holding the ball up and zero awareness of what was around him.

He also seems to be Eastwood esque in that he is not capable of living out of Essex.

To suggest he is anywhere near as good as Bellamy is embarrasing.

Bellemy has more ability in his little toe than Cody.

However Cody tried his arse off when I watched whereas Bellamy whilst we went down was thinking like this......

The first game in that run (13 without a win) was against Newcastle at Highfield Road. As the game approached, I kept thinking things could have been very different for me. I still couldn’t get those conversations with Bobby Robson out of my head. We lost 2-0 and after the game, I bumped into Sir Bobby in the tunnel. “Work hard, son,” he said. “All the best.” I couldn’t help but think of what might have been.

So yes IMO Bellamy was in the top 5 worse signings for us

Last edited:

stupot07

If we compare them objectively

Both failed to make an impact for us
Both got relegated with us, partly due to the lack of performance and impact they had

Both had not dissimilar goalscoring records for us.

Only Cody failed to perform for us over 2 leagues

We paid c£500k and had to pay Cody off

We sold Bellamy to Newcastle for £500k profit.

On profit alone Bellamy was a better buy.

Also the replacing Keane aspect makes him look poorer, as Keane was such a special player and that season we were brilliant at home. Not signing Hartson earlier was a mistake he needed someone to play off.

and let's not forget Bellamy was out for a whole season with a broken leg before we brought him, so was always going to struggle a bit. Stupid buy really, what kind of club buys someone just coming back from such a bad injury....... Oh wait us (Barton)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

However Cody tried his arse off

Did he? In that case why was he never first choice with any manager he played for? Even thorn axed him in league one.

That suggests exactly the opposite - especially in training .

dongonzalos

Did he? In that case why was he never first choice with any manager he played for? Even thorn axed him in league one.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/yeovil-match-report-319574.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

The Sky Blues had a glorious chance to win the game injury time when McDonald created an opportunity for himself thanks to his work rate, which had been impeccable all afternoon.

He hunted down Webster and caught him in possession in his own area but blazed his effort over the bar from just six yards out.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hobo

kg82

Oh my God, this is so pathetic. "My opinion about this players correct", "no, my opinion is. Your opinions crap"... Grow up ffs. The threads about Simeon Jackson and you're talking about 2 strikers no one gives a crap about anymore.

Nick

Administrator
Jackson looked to have a good touch but needs match fitness.

Does look like Jermain Defoe from a distance!

shmmeee

No he didn't he started every game in L1 under Thorn.

I always thought he looked like a goal scorer to me, never understood why he got the crap. I doubt he played 10 games back to back for us.

D

Deleted member 4232

Just watched the full interview today on the player with Mr.Jackson and have to say he seems really excited. Mentioned they said a few things about the ricoh before he signed, but he had other motivations to sign with us.

Heres hoping him and the new guys put in a shift on all of their home debuts

How many players will be playing their first game in coventry on the 5th! Will be an interesting night!

Sky Blue Sheepy

Simeon Jackson looked more than comfortable in the Championship. The fact we got him at all is a great coup on our part and I'm so excited to see when hes up to fitness!

friendly_canary

As a Norwich City STH since 2000 odd I can confirm that Simeon (or Cinamon as the Yellow Army affectionately knows him as) is a LOT better than Cody Mac.

Can't stay long chaps... off to the derby tomorrow morning. Hoping you guys get a result at MK!

Wish us luck?!

Users who are viewing this thread