Simms + Wright = ? (2 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

When wright has the ball at his feet he really looks a cut above imo.... premiership quality
Sometimes. There is still a lot he needs to work on but there are some really obvious qualities there, especially his speed running with the ball and his shooting.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Therefore you are too much
To me To you. 😜

brothers chuckle GIF

Chris1987

If they both stay fit I think that they're going to score 20 goals plus each next season. Got to be the best strike partnership in The Championship. Saka & EMC will create plenty I'm sure. We just need to reduce the number of goals conceded.

ICHAN

Never post but always reading what’s being posted.
I think there is a real bond between Haji & Simms as they both went through the early season drought together.
IMO they will be huge for us next year & terrorise defences

SkyblueTexan

May not each reach the 20 goal mark this season

AOM

It’s easy to forget we have played Wright out of position for most of the season.

Many strikers would have sulked but he’s just got on with it. Credit to him for that.

Be interesting to see the set up for next season and if he'll stay out wide, especially if Mason-Clark is likely to be playing on the left

Sbarcher

Reports in one of today’s papers that both Bournemouth and Brentford are interest in Simms to replace Toney or Solanki.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Be interesting to see the set up for next season and if he'll stay out wide, especially if Mason-Clark is likely to be playing on the left

Another reason not to be too worried about potentially losing Simms TBH. Currently we’ve got one too many first team forwards. We wouldn’t even need a direct replacement as it stands. Just move Wright to CF.

fatso

If they both stay fit I think that they're going to score 20 goals plus each next season. Got to be the best strike partnership in The Championship. Saka & EMC will create plenty I'm sure. We just need to reduce the number of goals conceded.
Can EMC and Wright play at the same time?

Wright plays best as a Left sided midfielder, which is EMC's best position.
Can EMC be made into an attacking central midfielder (no 10) and if so where does that leave Palmer?

skybluecam

It’s easy to forget we have played Wright out of position for most of the season.

Many strikers would have sulked but he’s just got on with it. Credit to him for that.
I prefer Wright on the left vs centrally. He's much better receiving the ball facing goal, rather than away from it. He's also quite good at getting to the byline and standing one up.

Simms is certainly better at playing with his back to goal, using his body and bringing others into play.

AOM

Another reason not to be too worried about potentially losing Simms TBH. Currently we’ve got one too many first team forwards. We wouldn’t even need a direct replacement as it stands. Just move Wright to CF.

Personally think Simms is the better central player of the two, and he's still relatively young as well. Would be disappointed if he was sold now.
Guess having Simms and Wright competing for the central position means we aren't in such a rush to find a Godden replacement.
Who knows, maybe Mason-Clark also won't have the immediate impact many are expecting?

Mucca Mad Boys

Can EMC be made into an attacking central midfielder (no 10) and if so where does that leave Palmer?
Respectfully, it leaves Palmer on the bench and next season is probably going to be Palmer’s last for us.

The theme for the next 2-3 season in the Championship is we’ll be shifting on good players to continually improve the team. Players like Bidwell and Palmer fit into this category.

SkyBlueMatt

It's going to be a nice headache to have, I don't know how it's going to work. Maybe drop the AMC and play 2 up front? Might be a bit too attacking.

The impression I get is that he CAN play there but that it's not where he thrives. I don't think

It's like putting Saka in the middle.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Whaaat?! There's no way Simms leaves this summer.

And one too many?! We've only got him and Wright, assuming Gooden is off. Tavares also I guess but has seemingly played better slightly wider as well.

We'll need at least one, maybe two new forwards, even if Simms stays.

shmmeee

Whaaat?! There's no way Simms leaves this summer.

And one too many?! We've only got him and Wright, assuming Gooden is off. Tavares also I guess but has seemingly played better slightly wider as well.

We'll need at least one, maybe two new forwards, even if Simms stays.

First team as in you’d expect them to play every week. We play one so two is one too many. As it stands we are dropping one of Saka, Simms, Wright, EMC. So *if* we were to sell, it would be less noticeable than say Sheaf going cos we’d need an immediate first team replacement straight away.

Obviously we need 8+ players regardless. The squad is tiny.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Unless someone gets injured... Who replaces Wright at CF if he can't play?

I think I'm right in saying you're calling for at least one, possibly two, CB's in the sumer despite the fact we'll already have three in the squad and only play two.

We need a squad and having four or five forwards able to interchange to allow for fatigue or injury is absolutely essential.

shmmeee

Unless someone gets injured... Who replaces Wright at CF if he can't play?

I think I'm right in saying you're calling for at least one, possibly two, CB's in the sumer despite the fact we'll already have three in the squad and only play two.

We need a squad and having four or five forwards able to interchange to allow for fatigue or injury is absolutely essential.

OK again. To be clear, I’m saying selling Simms wouldn’t have a massive impact on the first team due to blooding new players. Obviously we’d need to sign an extra striker to replace him. We’d have time to bed them in though unlike Sheaf for example where his replacement would have to pretty much go straight into the team.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ah cool, just play Wright there all season long.

SkyblueTexan

Out the door

Users who are viewing this thread