Simon Gilbert, has there been an FL response? (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Simon, assuming that the FL is back from it's holiday do you know if they've made any official comment on the payment to ACL?

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
I've been chasing for over two weeks. There should be an update, of sorts, today. Not necessarily from the FL

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ccfcway

I want to hear Simon Gilbert say....

"I have been working hard on a trying to contact the FL, but there appears to be a lack of response due to the World Cup. I have left a few phone calls, and it looks like things might start to happen at the end of June. Its difficult as someone from a championship local paper has also range the FL in the last couple of days, and I cant compete with that"

Grendel

What's the fuss about now? I thought it had been accepted the club have placed the money in an Independant account (probably the football league) and are waiting to see what the leagues view is on the £300,000 already received from Robinson and mcginnity.

I fail to see the point of the thread other than to laugh at Tony for his toe curling adulation for Alan Pooles tea boy.

Kingokings204

What's the fuss about now? I thought it had been accepted the club have placed the money in an Independant account (probably the football league) and are waiting to see what the leagues view is on the £300,000 already received from Robinson and mcginnity.

I fail to see the point of the thread other than to laugh at Tony for his toe curling adulation for Alan Pooles tea boy.

Well that post is just bollocks.

torchomatic

torchomatic

lapsed_skyblue

I think we have had a response of sorts from the FL. The fixtures have been posted and CCFC are still in League 1. Granted there is still scope for censure or a points penalty but I would have thought that this would have come up before they published the fixtures in case the club threw a hissy fit. Isn't acceptance of a penalty usually the condition of granting continued membership?

torchomatic

LOL. Coming from someone who's still sticking up for Richardson.

Only took you 10 mins torch to stick up for the shit Grendel spouts. You're not so fast these days I see.

Kingokings204

LOL. Coming from someone who's still sticking up for Richardson.

I swear you don't listen or read. I don't stick up for B-Rich. The man is a Cretin but to blame all this on him is not correct.

As for gendels post about the 590k it was just wrong. Plain and simple

Grendel

I swear you don't listen or read. I don't stick up for B-Rich. The man is a Cretin but to blame all this on him is not correct.

As for gendels post about the 590k it was just wrong. Plain and simple

How is it wrong. Please "educate" me.

letsallsingtogether

We are still waiting for you to educate us on all the allegations you make then as usual leave the thread or just pass the buck to others, typical managers tactic when he doesn't have the answer.

In your top job and with your better education you should be the one educating us ignorant lot.

How is it wrong. Please "educate" me.

Grendel

We are still waiting for you to educate us on all the allegations you make then as usual leave the thread or just pass the buck to others, typical managers tactic when he doesn't have the answer.

In your top job and with your better education you should be the one educating us ignorant lot.

What allegation? I'm confused as to what you are getting at.

Examples? Or just another random comment?

letsallsingtogether

Ok allegations may be a bit strong should have put statements but you know exactly what I mean?

And shouldn't you get back to work I am allowed to browse the forum as I am on late shift .
What allegation? I'm confused as to what you are getting at.

Examples? Or just another random comment?

Kingokings204

The club has placed "a large sum" into an escrow account. This is not all of it and the deadline of end of may has passed. That's the fuss. Simple when you know the facts.

Nick

Administrator
The club has placed "a large sum" into an escrow account. This is not all of it and the deadline of end of may has passed. That's the fuss. Simple when you know the facts.

IF the FA won't be taking action with how it is, why does anybody care so much?

I agree, if the FA / FL say because of it they will dock us points then quite rightly people should be angry.

shmmeee

You seem to get embarrassed easily. Maybe self-confidence issues? Have you considered CBT? It's very good for anxiety.

Seriously, that's older than the hills and was pathetic at the best of times. Are you fucking 14 or something?

On topic: Why does it matter if the guarantor paid out? Surely they need to be paid back if Sisu pay?

More stalling and bollocks from Fisher and friends.

But hey, it's only the league status of the club they're pissing about with. No need to worry. At least Grendel will be happy that we've slightly annoyed a stadium management company. After all that's what running a football club is about, right?

Last edited:

Grendel

So the facts are;

An amount has been placed in an account
The league have been informed

The league may very well be considering the fact ACL already have a high percentage of the money.

Either way it seems the league and the club are singing from the same hymn sheet and I am sure we are all happy with that.

covmark

You seem to get embarrassed easily. Maybe self-confidence issues? Have you considered CBT? It's very good for anxiety.

Seriously, that's older than the hills and was pathetic at the best of times. Are you fucking 14 or something?

you are a very angry man. Maybe you have behavioural issues? Have you considered CBT? Its very good for anger.
Seriously, he made a throw away comment (which was correct btw) and you jump all over it like a rash.

ArchieLittle

From the CT article today it says "But now the club is challenging the amount the Football League said it must pay."
Hardly call that singing from the same hymn sheet

chiefdave

So the facts are;

An amount has been placed in an account
The league have been informed

The league may very well be considering the fact ACL already have a high percentage of the money.

Either way it seems the league and the club are singing from the same hymn sheet and I am sure we are all happy with that.

I thought the whole reason a comment was being sought from the FL was that there had been no confirmation from the FL that the full amount had been placed in escrow and the FL were happy with this arrangement and therefore we were not a risk of further punishment?

Godiva

So the club was ordered to pay the rent arrears owed to ACL by the end of last month.
FL also ordered that the amount should be locked up in an escrow account.
The amount is £590K

Then ACL calls in the guarantees they had sitting with McGinnity and Robinson. They ask to receive £500k.

Question 1: Should that be deducted from the what the club is supposed to pay - Should the amount owed by the club now be £90K?

ACL then agree a 'discount' of £200K with McGinnity and Robinson. The pair pay £300K to ACL.

Question 2: Should the club pay the £200K that ACL gave McGinnity/Robinson in discount - should the club pay £290K?

Question 3: Should ACL have abstained from calling in the guaranties and have the club pay the full amount £590K?

Users who are viewing this thread