Transfer Rumour Simon Moore (1 Viewer)

SBT

Those comments from Wilson don’t exactly make it sound like something is imminent for Moore

Reactions: TTG

Terry_dactyl

It's crazy as that start last season just wrecked him ..

Was a very decent keeper before that , better than Wilson for sure at that time.. just lost the plot
While he had an atrocious start last year, I think his form had dipped halfway through the season before.
Hes essentially had one good half a season with us.

Bertola

While he had an atrocious start last year, I think his form had dipped halfway through the season before.
Hes essentially had one good half a season with us.
Agree. His form dipped post Covid.

Wilson was arguably unlucky not to start last season

Si80

Felt like the Wrexham cup game ended his CCFC career. Could see that he was nervous about being given the chance again and then we were awful in front of him. Really felt for him after that game.

Hope he gets a decent move as thought he did a decent job when he first came in and am sure he could be first choice elsewhere.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
He was at Bhm airport just before the Swansea game heading off somewhere, could have just been for the weekend as not required for that game.

AOM

Thought Moore was one of our best keepers for a while until last season, such a shame his form and confidence dropped so much.
He looked really sharp in some of our pre-season training videos this year, hopefully he can get his career back on track and get a few more games in elsewhere

hamertime

He needs a fresh start. It’s mad how little games he’s played in his career, Wilson too. Can’t see Wilson loosing his place to be honest atm.

pusbccfc

He'd be a very good signing for a League 1 club surely?

skybluepm2

It’s pretty crazy how dramatically his form and confidence slumped. During the first half of his 1st season he was outstanding. I recall the double (maybe even triple) save against Middlesbrough, the performance against Fulham away to name a couple. I’d never have thought that Wilson would step up in the way he has done (and I was his biggest critic).

Hopefully Moore can get a half decent move away where he can establish himself and number 1 and enjoy a decent end to his career. Would imagine he’s also on a decent whack per week, so could do with his wages being put back in the pot too.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

He'd be a very good signing for a League 1 club surely?
Really depends where his head is at. Technically he'd be a real asset at that level but if his confidence is shot he may need to drop lower (but his wage demands might be an issue in that case). Difficult situation for all concerned really, he needs a move and a decent run somewhere but he's a bit of a gamble for anyone taking him on

Hobo

Ben Wilson is just the better goalkeeper of the two simple as that.
He has certainly developed into that. Big character around the squad too. People look at players skills but character and team spirit are big factors in success.

Hobo

Funny how that never gets mentioned does it? Always that the striker misses. But the keeper gets five goes and statistically should save one but never gets any stick.

Not that I’m advocating giving Wilson stick.

He got a touch on I think their second (or at least very close), which is closer than the Luton keeper got. I thought until the unfortunate miss (which is inevitable for someone in a shootout) the standard of penalty taking was exceptional.

shmmeee

He got a touch on I think they’re second (or at least very close), which is closer than the Luton keeper got. I thought until the unfortunate miss (which is inevitable for someone in a shootout) the standard of penalty taking was exceptional.

Yeah, not talking about our shoot out in particular. Just saying that no one ever send death threats to a keeper after losing a shootout. Obviously the optimal position is no death threats at all, but you get what I’m saying.

Hobo

long way home

Cant blame him at all and i think he is on decent money. But then we cant blane the club, as some do, for not panicking into signing players on long contract that will not improve your squad.

Moore is the last of those who will sit on a contract and effect potential incomings.

Users who are viewing this thread