Simply The Worst (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Bellamy, and a complete Tool to top it off.

Absolutely agree. Went off sick when we were relegated. Couldn't play in the cold/wet/frost/rain etc. A big mouthed coward.

RegTheDonk

HouchensHead and Wingy should remember the one and only JULIAN DERBY - I very rarely knock CCFC players but this guy was something else - uselessness personified !!

There have been many but yeah, he's the one that stands out for me. Strachen seemed to have him play anywhere, just to give him a game. I'm surprised he didn't play him in goal.

The Reverend Skyblue

I'd go for Kevin Kyle, but Webster pushes him a lot for the title

edited after seeing Reece Browns name..

i cant cant chose between Kyle and Brown, Sunday morning pub players at best and only if the team was short of players

Last edited:

Senior Vick from Alicante

Started going to matches aged five in 72, we had a left back called Alan Dougdale. Couldn't run,turn,head or pass but the one thing guaranteed was he would kick the shit out of anything near him, a bad chopper Harris if you like. The old boys on the cop used to moan their tits off about him, happy days for a young lad.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Started going to matches aged five in 72, we had a left back called Alan Dougdale. Couldn't run,turn,head or pass but the one thing guaranteed was he would kick the shit out of anything near him, a bad chopper Harris if you like. The old boys on the cop used to moan their tits off about him, happy days for a young lad.

....what a 'tache though !

Hobo

Gary Collier
Graham Withey
Wayne Turner
Roger Van Gool
Freddie Eastwood
John Gayle

Going to stop there before I get depressed at all the shite I've had to endure.

skybluedan

Its fair to say the current squad has been disappointing, but for this weeks Cooks Question, i want to know who you think is the worst player ever to wear the sky blue shirt. Im quite intrigued to here the answers from some of the older supporters on this, as im sure they've seen some bloody awful players in their time. Also this week is our Valentines Day Special, so if you have a message for your sweetheart you want me to read out, leave it here and i'll shout it out on Thursday's show. There will also be a romantic soundtrack to boot. Sports Lounge kicks off at 10AM every Thursday on 98.6 Hillz FM, so tune in if you can. Thanks again for your brilliant support. PLAY UP SKY BLUES!

Liam if you can give a shout out to me bird and recite a little love poem for her please
roses are red
violets are twisted
open wide love
your about to get fisted

love dan

vincy

See Hobo and the Knight have named the first person to spring to mind when I saw the thread.

I remember taking a particular dislike to Wayne Turner.
Think I remember going to Oxford Utd and he scored an absolute blinder, but still got booed.

Was he really bad? Maybe it was the tache.

skybluepm2

Good topic Liam, interesting to see the answers so far. For me, I think it would probably be McIndoe but we are probably a tad spoilt for choice in this area! At least he has gone on to be a good businessman since hanging up his boots.

Have always really hated Jordan Clarke, a few have forgotten what a shite player he has been over the years, the countless mistakes he made and being beaten by his man on every occasion.

Fabian Debec, Keith O'Neill spring to mind and surely some of the Pressley crop must be on his God awful list of signings. Finch, Webster, Slager, those strikers and midfielders he brought in this time last year.

May be worth doing this again next year if the same management team are in charge! The standard in League 2 will be even worse.

Alan Dugdale

It's funny seeing all the old players from our time in the top division listed on this thread (I would add Kevin McDonald by the way), but they are all light years ahead of what we are watching now. I often see Julian Darby's name listed on this type of thread, yet he scored a fair few goals from midfield in a team that finished mid table and I've never quite got that opinion of him.

skybluepm2

Trevor Benjamin or John Gayle, there's a choice.

I somehow forgot about Big Trev. Placed a bet with my mate in the stand before ko at Watford away stating he would never score a goal during his spell with us. Ten minutes later £20 was down the toilet as he fumbled his one and only effort. Clumsy cock eyed oaf!

Nonleagueherewecome

It's funny seeing all the old players from our time in the top division listed on this thread (I would add Kevin McDonald by the way), but they are all light years ahead of what we are watching now. I often see Julian Darby's name listed on this type of thread, yet he scored a fair few goals from midfield in a team that finished mid table and I've never quite got that opinion of him.

Totally agree. Darby was crap, but we were in the top-flight and he scored goals against good sides.

Even Paul Edwards is also harsh-he did get MOM v Liverpool once and Match Magazine gave him a 9! I think that places him above our entire current squad.

NorthernWisdom

I somehow forgot about Big Trev. Placed a bet with my mate in the stand before ko at Watford away stating he would never score a goal during his spell with us. Ten minutes later £20 was down the toilet as he fumbled his one and only effort. Clumsy cock eyed oaf!

Punched it into the net didn't he?

tbf he did help us avoid relegation with that goal!

Nonleagueherewecome

skybluepm2

Punched it into the net didn't he?

tbf he did help us avoid relegation with that goal!

Yes, I think you're right. It should never have actually stood! Bastard! I think we won 3-1, Doyle with a belter. Those were the days!! I'd have Micky Adams back now to be honest...

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Darby was useless for large parts of the game but performed a role that was needed at the time and was one of the original box to box style player with plenty of energy, sadly, sometimes it was very misguided and wayward but would have him in that midfield now just for his goals and his energy, was one of the fittest around at the time.

Manset not mentioned ahead of GAyle and Benjamin.

rupert_bear

Bearing in mind the fee £350000 a lot in those days Leigh Jenkinson has to be the worst I have seen, just what Bobby Gould seen in him i'l never know

DazzleTommyDazzle

Duggie was a centre half not a left back - and a real "old fashioned centre half". He'd last about two minutes these days before the red card would be brandished.

A few weeks back someone posted a link on here to an interview with him. He was reminiscing about a "reducer" (very hard tackle designed to intimidate the opponent - for our younger readers) he put in on Stan Bowles. Bowles went off for treatment and when he returned some minutes later went to Duggie and said "f**king hell Duggie, what did you do? It was like being hit by a Sherman tank".

Grendel

Andy spring looked and played like a pub player and Withey I think was voted worst player for Bristol Rovers so carried on the good form.
Considering we paid a resonable fee Grimes was also dire.
More recently we had some French guy in the championship on loan I think who looked like he had never played before - Christian someone?

Users who are viewing this thread