Sisu and their money. (1 Viewer)

Senior Vick from Alicante

This is a general questions to those in the know on all things financial. Are our owners of the club in a bit of financial strife at the moment? The reason for asking is I remember a post from a few years back when it was stated that a lot of their funds were linked to oil and gas, if this is the case there fund pots will have halved on the price of the barrel of oil and may be an indication of the stand on your own two feet line that came out a while back. Generally interested to see if any one knows what their funds are invested in? PUSB

ccfc92

An interesting point indeed. Something that needs answering.

There is a poster who's in the know, but hasn't provided anything to prove they know anything. I'm sure they'll be along shortly.

RFC

What about CCC and what they've done with Council tax payers money and the statements their leader has made over the last couple of years!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

What about CCC and what they've done with Council tax payers money and the statements their leader has made over the last couple of years!

Wow. That could be the most irrelevant post you've made in a few months. And that means it stands comparison with some high-quality fare

kg82

Seriously, shut up. It's a relevant question to our owners and today's oil prices. Nothing to do with the goddamn council you blinkered fool.

ccfcway

The people of Coventy can vote them out should they wish.

We dont have that opportunity with our owners

Senior Vick from Alicante

I think the fact that you have a democratic option to vote and reflect your opinions on the way the council work is for you to decide and will, if you choose to vote, mirror your opinions on here. You have though as stated by other posters not replied to a genuine question about wether our owners funds are linked to oil, may be you could ask your mate Tim the answer?

mark82

There is a poster who's in the know, but hasn't provided anything to prove they know anything. I'm sure they'll be along shortly.

Agree. This is surely a relevant question whatever your opinion of them.

mrtrench

I'm not in the know re SISU's investments but I do know about finance.

1. The club is trying to operate as a self-financing unit, I imagine including some interest payments and dividends to the SISU fund that bought CCFC. Hence any income from sales (Wilson, Maddison) could well be paid immediately to SISU to cover debt and equity payments as they will be desperate to show a return from their dismal investment.

2. The club might well be in a different fund to their other investments in oil. Hence there could be no direct link between the two. However they may also be in the same fund too. If they wanted to invest more money to build a stadium they would have to persuade the investors in the relevant fund to stump up more cash. If they were the same investors that have taken the hit on oil they may be reluctant to spend more at this stage. Not that I believe that they will anyway as there is not the return or compelling business case to them that getting the Ricoh for a song would have offered.

I think that we were unlikely to get any further investments or keep any transfer income anyway - so the net result of poor performance in another sector would probably make no difference. I do wonder how SISU is surviving with such a terrible investment record - so what it could do is expedite their demise.

mrtrench

But of course I bow to RFC's insider knowledge and razor-sharp intellect.

SISU is an Investment (Hedge) Fund - any money they may have lost with the decline in Oil price they will have probably recovered by yesterday’s jump in the value of the Swiss Franc.
A decent price for Madison and Haynes will give them a nice little return on CCFC too.

mrtrench

Agree - the Swiss franc strengthening was bound to happen - just like when Major tried to stay in the ERM. You aren't the chap I see in the Mucky Duck for televised games are you?

Nick

Administrator
It would be interesting to see a list of where they dabble, surely it would be scattered all over?

There were talks of them owning Malmo in Sweden too but don't think anything ever came of it did it?

Also they were involved with Welcome Break and trying to take them over too weren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread