SISU / Anderson (1 Viewer)

oldfiver

I think my favourite thing on Twitter yesterday was the guy who said CCFC should be ashamed at the news of Maddison going to Aberdeen. That did make me LOL for a bit.

Which reminds me I need to write that snotty letter to Chris Anderson complaining that in my delivery Tesco substituted Raspberry Angel Delight for Butterscotch flavour. I hate Butterscotch Angel Delight. The club can't treat me like this.

I will swap you your butterscotch flavour for a raspberry one ! Not had instant whip for years - a ban on full fat milk in this allegedly healthy household :(

Esoterica

Maddison left because his agent wanted him to leave

Doesn't matter why he left. OP thinks we didn't get as much as we could have but no-one seems to know what we actually got. I'd like to compare that to what the OP thinks a player not considered good enough for the Championship and loaned out to Aberdeen would cost now.

oldfiver

Doesn't matter why he left. OP thinks we didn't get as much as we could have but no-one seems to know what we actually got. I'd like to compare that to what the OP thinks a player not considered good enough for the Championship and loaned out to Aberdeen would cost now.

Then his thinking is clearly flawed - assuming you are correct.
So why does he and others post such comments when they have no clue ?

skybluebeduff

My post has been bypassed again, our owners in this particular league, could inject some equity into this club to get us out of this league, they choose not to, because their ambition is clearly not promotion. They proved it in January.

skybluetony176

Have you seen social media?

It is the way people are banging on about only signing 2 players, as if everything has to be about deadline day. I doubt many even remember we have signed Jones in this window.

It isn't just about the money, it is the way it seems to some people that only signings on deadline day seem to count.

I wouldn't disagree with your deadline day comment I just don't see people seeing £1B being spent and asking where's our share of it. The majority are more than aware of what league we're in and the constraints that entails.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't disagree with your deadline day comment I just don't see people seeing £1B being spent and asking where's our share of it. The majority are more than aware of what league we're in and the constraints that entails.

I think on here, the majority are more than aware.

When you step outside into the telegraph or social media it is a whole different ballgame of expectation.

fernandopartridge

My post has been bypassed again, our owners in this particular league, could inject some equity into this club to get us out of this league, they choose not to, because their ambition is clearly not promotion. They proved it in January.

They have done this last season I believe to cover the club's ongoing losses.

You really need to think about the nature of SISU and what they are. It isn't their money. They would be investing money belonging to somebody else. That somebody else is going to want a return. I don't think they would want a fairly worthless share in a loss making company in millions of pounds worth of debt which hasn't made a profit for over 20 years.

It's quite telling that you missed the following paragraph from the text you found on the internet:

The 'benefactor' model can operate unrestricted in League 1 and League 2 and there is nothing to prevent a wealthy owner purchasing a lower division team and funding a huge overspend via cash injections (although it is worth pointing out that the lower divisions are not awash with wealthy owners willing to throw money into their club. Permitting benefactor donations to a club is interesting; benefactor-spending of course has an inflationary effect on the wages in the division (something clubs are keen to avoid). Coventry's manager recently confirmed that the club owners will inject cash into their club to fund player wages - without equity injections being included as 'Turnover', Coventry would be operating under a transfer embargo.

torchomatic

I will swap you your butterscotch flavour for a raspberry one ! Not had instant whip for years - a ban on full fat milk in this allegedly healthy household :(

It's not for me, it's for my...er...son. Yes, that's it, for my son.

skybluebeduff

They have done this last season I believe to cover the club's ongoing losses.

You really need to think about the nature of SISU and what they are. It isn't their money. They would be investing money belonging to somebody else. That somebody else is going to want a return. I don't think they would want a fairly worthless share in a loss making company in millions of pounds worth of debt which hasn't made a profit for over 20 years.

It's quite telling that you missed the following paragraph from the text you found on the internet:

The link I posted doesn't have that quote you've posted...??

skybluetony176

I think on here, the majority are more than aware.

When you step outside into the telegraph or social media it is a whole different ballgame of expectation.

The telegraph has the same few idiots most likely with multiple accounts trolling, they're not representative of the majority of our fan's by any stretch of the imagination. If you take them seriously than more fool you.

Nick

Administrator
The telegraph has the same few idiots most likely with multiple accounts trolling, they're not representative of the majority of our fan's by any stretch of the imagination. If you take them seriously than more fool you.

It isn't just there, social media etc.

People on here whether they love SISU, love the council etc mostly put their points across, they debate things.

When stepping out into the wider world it isn't the same :(

You dislike SISU, but you don't come out with some of the wild stuff others do at matches or on social media etc. You debate your point whether I disagree with things or not.

That's what I'm getting at.

Hobo

I don't even believe that the extra money in the Premiership will affect L1 clubs at all. L1 teams still have no money and the power that the Premiership has to take whomever they wish for whatever cost hasn't changed. The dynamic will be the same.

It affects wages in the Championship though and there is a gulf opening up between League 1 and Championship teams. So trying to entice youngsters down to establish their careers in League 1 is difficult.

skybluetony176

People on here whether they love SISU, love the council etc mostly put their points across, they debate things.

You dislike SISU, but you don't come out with some of the wild stuff others do at matches or on social media etc. You debate your point whether I disagree with things or not.

I thought we all disliked SISU ;)

skybluetony176

I thought we all disliked SISU ;)

Warwickhunt

You know what I mean. ;)

It was an example of different viewpoints.

Even at games, the amount of rubbish spoken by people is shocking.
even sitting in the Gas Club before the game i hear such utter crap & Bull coming out of peoples mouths and i find it hard not to interject with my opinion but you know that with some people it would not make a jot of difference

Nick

Administrator
even sitting in the Gas Club before the game i hear such utter crap & Bull coming out of peoples mouths and i find it hard not to interject with my opinion but you know that with some people it would not make a jot of difference

I haven't seen it much, as at the football I tend to just like to go to football and see it as football and leave the politics out. The way people I have seen get worked up, almost so angry they have tears and half of the stuff they are angry about is made up.

rybccfc

Than
They agree it though and Mowbray has said he still has funds in the budget to use
Every manager wants more - that's the nature of any business
Thankfully I understand how businesses work but the club still needs to set a realistic budget.......and the fact that you say mowbray and Venus agree to it......what other option is open to them. But hey thank you for the reply captain obvious.

will am i

I haven't got a clue whether it has gone up, gone down or stayed the same.

It appears last year's was miscalculated (embarrassingly). SISU are not very good at running things.

But regardless who owns the club you should run within your budget.

The problem with football is Schweinsteiger 119,000 per week and played 18 times for Manchester United. The fact Man City resorted to loaning Hart, Bony, Mangala and Nasri because no one will take on their wages. The trouble is these clubs set the economy and it has a knock on effect. Fans need to start just enjoying football within realistic parameters.

At least we are trying to develop home grown talent. It should be something our fans are proud of. Even if we cannot be proud of our owners.

I think anderson implied it had gone down - the only reason i can think of for using the word 'similar' there are lots on here who must know because last year they knew our budget was 8th best in the league which implies that they must know every teams budget - either that or they are bullshitters. Ticking along at break even isnt a good way of running a business - businesses require investment to grow and the owners should do something to improve turnover. I think we can see where continual budget cuts lead - income reduces, the team gets worse, the number of customers reduces and you can repeat this until the business no longer exists because your customers have all found somewhere else to go. I assume there is actually a strategy behind this approach - maybe they hope the council will blink when CCFC is threatened with closure and that they will offer SISU something they want/demand. Im not second guessing SISU - they cant be as stupid as they appear but then again if they cant set a budget when their business is finance maybe they are.

Sky Blue Kid

I think anderson implied it had gone down - the only reason i can think of for using the word 'similar' there are lots on here who must know because last year they knew our budget was 8th best in the league which implies that they must know every teams budget - either that or they are bullshitters. Ticking along at break even isnt a good way of running a business - businesses require investment to grow and the owners should do something to improve turnover. I think we can see where continual budget cuts lead - income reduces, the team gets worse, the number of customers reduces and you can repeat this until the business no longer exists because your customers have all found somewhere else to go. I assume there is actually a strategy behind this approach - maybe they hope the council will blink when CCFC is threatened with closure and that they will offer SISU something they want/demand. Im not second guessing SISU - they cant be as stupid as they appear but then again if they cant set a budget when their business is finance maybe they are.

Be careful what you say when making analogies on here mate. They're frowned upon... unless it's the arseholes who make them ;)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I think some people are gone mad, like really were the fans yes we get to bitch and moan but we dont decide the budget or who TM buys and were in league 1, were 5 games in unless were in same position after say 12 games in then go mental and nuts and protest until then lets shut up moaning and be positive see how it goes first. Im pissed off as much as anyone about no investment and where the maddison money is gone but non of us can see the money filtering through the club where its going at least we still have a club. give it a few games in see whats happens!

skybluebeduff

Would it be fair to say that Chris may of been over exaggerating on his own predictions?
14117899_10209930708236989_8784194817383098213_n.jpg

Time will tell for this absolute failure of an MD.

eastwoodsdustman

Peoples Ignorance to the whole situation never ceases to amaze me. A season ticket holder (of many many years) I know actually referred to Mr Sisu being the problem with the club and the ground issue.
If you're dealing with that where do you start?

Sky Blue Kid

I think Maddison in a decent footballing side will be worth way more than we sold him for (last 2 games he's played, Norwich have scored 12; very surprised they have offloaded him so quickly)

The Norwich side Maddison played in against Coventry was their reserve/academy side.

clint van damme

they want promotion, they just don't want to pay for it.

Users who are viewing this thread