SISU may still be the best option! (1 Viewer)

grego_gee

Along with everybody else I was very excited yesterday reading about the new consortium bid.
But don't think its a forgone conclusion. Many things could scupper or put off all the other bidders before they get to the finishing line.
Sisu have got a lot of critics and I am not sure their recent initiative to talk directly to the fans in forums will be their wisest move. They are likely to be dominated by the "SISU-out-louts". All the more moderate fans will streer well clear not wanting to get involved in a rumble.
I certainly do not think SISU have been perfect owners but at the end of the day they ARE still here and they ARE still paying the wages and keeping the team on the pitch.
For paying the ongoing losses at a rate of £3m a year we should regard them as supporters of the team if not the biggest financial supporter of the team.
Protesters withdrawing their support from the team by threatening to buycot games and not buy season tickets cannot call themselves supporters and such actions will only take the team one way!
Dispite heated feelings against SISU they have managed to put players of the caliber of King, McGoldrick and Clarke on the pitch until now.
If your support is witheld you cannot expect SISU to manage a similar level of funding and the team will inevitably go down! Is that really what you want?

:pimp:

jaymo132

Along with everybody else I was very excited yesterday reading about the new consortium bid.
But don't think its a forgone conclusion. Many things could scupper or put off all the other bidders before they get to the finishing line.
Sisu have got a lot of critics and I am not sure their recent initiative to talk directly to the fans in forums will be their wisest move. They are likely to be dominated by the "SISU-out-louts". All the more moderate fans will streer well clear not wanting to get involved in a rumble.
I certainly do not think SISU have been perfect owners but at the end of the day they ARE still here and they ARE still paying the wages and keeping the team on the pitch.
For paying the ongoing losses at a rate of £3m a year we should regard them as supporters of the team if not the biggest financial supporter of the team.
Protesters withdrawing their support from the team by threatening to buycot games and not buy season tickets cannot call themselves supporters and such actions will only take the team one way!
Dispite heated feelings against SISU they have managed to put players of the caliber of King, McGoldrick and Clarke on the pitch until now.
If your support is witheld you cannot expect SISU to manage a similar level of funding and the team will inevitably go down! Is that really what you want?

Straight jacket required!!!!!!:eek::thinking about::slap:

Noggin

3 to 5 years away from the city will at worst kill our club at best leave us in league 2 with alot less regular fans than we have now. It's likely Anyone else who wants to play at the ricoh is better than sisu. They have to go whatever that takes, or they have to change their plans.

ccfc92

there's no way we could be losing 3m a year with all the cost cutting. n they may have "bought" these players in, but they did'nt do enough to keep them. if we had dmc and clarke for the last half of the season, they would have got their investment back through promotion. simple business sense: right investment in the right area = success

wingy

Oh dear Greggo ,There has been no violence at any Protest I've ever attended and there won't be at the Forums ,Get real and get along there ,it was all absolutely well reasoned when we had a face to face last night and resulted in Poor Tim looking like he wanted to be swallowed up into cocoon away from all this.

S

skyblue2k

Ern Clarke was injured and is still a ccfc holdings player

there's no way we could be losing 3m a year with all the cost cutting. n they may have "bought" these players in, but they did'nt do enough to keep them. if we had dmc and clarke for the last half of the season, they would have got their investment back through promotion. simple business sense: right investment in the right area = success
<br />
<br />

Otis

Sisu - move out of city and come back in 3 years time to much smaller stadium.

Any other owner - Stay at the Ricoh, in Coventry.

Yeah, Sisu might be the best option.

Sick Boy

i mean as a striker partnership :jerkit:

Why would DMc have stayed here if he was being chased by clubs in the Championship? I am sure the club made him a very good offer, or would you have preferred the club to have spent money it didn't have, which has got us into this mess in the first place? There is only so much you can do to try and get someone to resign, if the players wants to go, then they will go. Just like Keiren Westwood.

grego_gee

Oh dear Greggo ,There has been no violence at any Protest I've ever attended and there won't be at the Forums ,Get real and get along there ,it was all absolutely well reasoned when we had a face to face last night and resulted in Poor Tim looking like he wanted to be swallowed up into cocoon away from all this.

Good! I wasn't there wingy. But the thread here suggests its simmering just below the surface.
My point wasn't the violence!
My point is we don't know what will unfold over the next few days and weeks, but we might be left with SISU as the only "supporter" of the club.
In effect they may have been forced out by ACL/CCC, who really knows.
But if all support from the fans if witheld - that will really balls it up!

(Tin hat on, ready!)

ccfc92

Why would DMc have stayed here if he was being chased by clubs in the Championship? I am sure the club made him a very good offer, or would you have preferred the club to have spent money it didn't have, which has got us into this mess in the first place? There is only so much you can do to try and get someone to resign, if the players wants to go, then they will go. Just like Keiren Westwood.

see my previous post about you need the right investment to have success. i never said just chuck money at a club?

dongonzalos

Before we were told to support them as nobody will be interested in Coventry City they are the only show in town.

So stick with the people destroying the club as if you don't it will be destroyed faster.

Now may I ask what the logic is?

ccfc92

Did we play with two strikers up front?

yeahh when Cody was playing :facepalm: my point was, if we had DMC and Clarke TOGETHER, we would have had two 15+ goal strikers on the pitch. Rather than 1 good striker carrying a 3 goal striker. I think Clarke and Wilson would be good up top together? Or is wilson more of a attacking mid player?

grego_gee

Sisu - move out of city and come back in 3 years time to much smaller stadium.

Any other owner - Stay at the Ricoh, in Coventry.

Yeah, Sisu might be the best option.

Its not a choice for us!
I beleive SISU want to sell and get out if a buyer will pay a reasonable price but who knows if they will?
And I didn't say I preferred SISU!
I said we might wind up with only them left!

Ah, Mr Fisher, we've been expecting you. :welcome:

Skybluefaz

Somewhere in that badly assembled clap trap it mentioned the possibility of relegation. Well they have already achieved that feat, utilising their complete lack of football knowledge in doing so. I do agree however, under Sisu next season that would definitely be on the cards. They have proven they are not able to run our great football club. Best option my arse.

Bill Glazier

Hmmm ... the problem is Greg that Sisu are, how can I put it, a tad difficult to deal with and have lost all credibility. If they had continued to pay the rent they had agreed to pay and, even after that, if they had stuck to the rent re-negotiation they (allegedly) agreed to pay then yes, we could feel some pity for them, but they've proved to be somewhat unpredictable. So, they've lost the trust of their landlords and now this crazy ground-move scheme means they've finally lost the fans too.

To be honest I think the whole aggressive short term, hedge fund type way of doing business is totally discredited anyway; it looks as out-dated as a pair or red braces. The crash and all the recent banking scandals have seen to that. It's a shame because, as you say, Sisu has bank-rolled the club through a slump, but look to have excluded themselves from rail and property infrastructure investment opportunity that might have made them a profit in the long run.

grego_gee

I like to consider myself to have a balanced view but the title at the top of this page is ridiculous.

The best option has to be chosen from options that are available. If all the other options fail to make it to the finishing line there might be only one option!
On reflection I didn't express it very well in the title!
But I can't change it now!

RegTheDonk

..... Protesters withdrawing their support from the team by threatening to buycot games and not buy season tickets cannot call themselves supporters and such actions will only take the team one way! ......

OK, thats your view, but I think its a bit unfair to suggest everyone who takes this line cannot call themselves supporters. Some have followed the club home and away for 20/30/40 years and finally see no alternative than this course of action.

ccfc92

OK, thats your view, but I think its a bit unfair to suggest everyone who takes this line cannot call themselves supporters. Some have followed the club home and away for 20/30/40 years and finally see no alternative than this course of action.

exactly, see cov telegraph article on the Mad Hatters :(

grego_gee

In a literal sense, financially supporting the team.

Noggin

The best option has to be chosen from options that are available. If all the other options fail to make it to the finishing line there might be only one option!
On reflection I didn't express it very well in the title!
But I can't change it now!

if the other options fail its because sisu for some unknown reason want to stay, should that happen and should they still plan to move us out, we should starve them of any funds till they want to go. we are going to get relegated to league 2 anyway, it will just happen even faster if no one goes to the games.

wingy

In a literal sense, financially supporting the team.

We've been doing that for 6 seasons ,they've reduced the following by 50% and are proposing to reduce last years following by 75%,imperiling the Clubs existance in the process ,you know your numbers ,staying at the RICOH costs them less than moving ,they say it makes us viable ,Maybe but I doubt it ,it certainly won't make us competitive in th ethird division.

grego_gee

Hmmm ... the problem is Greg that Sisu are, how can I put it, a tad difficult to deal with and have lost all credibility. If they had continued to pay the rent they had agreed to pay and, even after that, if they had stuck to the rent re-negotiation they (allegedly) agreed to pay then yes, we could feel some pity for them, but they've proved to be somewhat unpredictable. So, they've lost the trust of their landlords and now this crazy ground-move scheme means they've finally lost the fans too.

To be honest I think the whole aggressive short term, hedge fund type way of doing business is totally discredited anyway; it looks as out-dated as a pair or red braces. The crash and all the recent banking scandals have seen to that. It's a shame because, as you say, Sisu has bank-rolled the club through a slump, but look to have excluded themselves from rail and property infrastructure investment opportunity that might have made them a profit in the long run.

We don't know how much responsibility for the bad feeling lies with each party in the rent negotiations. We have heard deals were done and renaged on by both sides on different occassions. I am not surprised at a woman changing her mind but then!

Either way I don't think SISU should be critisised for the plan to move out, it is not what they wanted by design, it is a defensive manouvre they have been forced into.

The Penguin

They have overseen our drop to our lowest league position since my dad was a boy.

They have made countless decisions that reflect their complete lack of understanding in footballing matters.

They have treated supporters, regardless of their outlook on SISU, with the utmost disdain.

They may well have funded losses, and thanks for that, but they have shown to be very poor owners of a football club...and I think that's as kind as I can be to them.

bigfatronssba

Why exactly are they having to fund losses of £3m a year?

Your expecting us to be grateful for their mismanagement?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Under SISU we have fallen to our lowest footballing position in two generations; with preparation that points to us looking toward a relegation struggle next year, playing to diminutive crowds in another club's stadium not even in the Coventry postcode.

They have laden us with debt, via a complex off-shore company structure the like of which is rarely, if ever seen at this level; and overseen a calamitous financial landscape that's made us - along with Pompey - the laughing stock of the freak show of football finances.

To suggest anything associated with SISU is even moderately better than abhorrent is a signal of just how low we have sunk. Or the work of a disingenuous poster seeking 'bites'

lordsummerisle

Indeed, almost hard to believe that anybody supported Sisu in the first place isn't it?

Under SISU we have fallen to our lowest footballing position in two generations; with preparation that points to us looking toward a relegation struggle next year, playing to diminutive crowds in another club's stadium not even in the Coventry postcode.

They have laden us with debt, via a complex off-shore company structure the like of which is rarely, if ever seen at this level; and overseen a calamitous financial landscape that's made us - along with Pompey - the laughing stock of the freak show of football finances.

To suggest anything associated with SISU is even moderately better than abhorrent is a signal of just how low we have sunk. Or the work of a disingenuous poster seeking 'bites'

Users who are viewing this thread