SISU Not happy with the MP's (1 Viewer)

Sub

Club statement on Parliamentary Early Day Motion and subsequent amendments
On Tuesday, Jim Cunningham MP tabled an Early Day Motion in Parliament calling for an urgent meeting to be convened between the club, ACL, Coventry City Council and the Football League.

We appreciate the genuine concern about the current situation felt by Mr Cunningham and his fellow Coventry MP, Geoffrey Robinson, who sponsored the motion, and indeed that felt by many of their constituents.

The Rt. Hon. Bob Ainsworth MP subsequently submitted an amendment to this motion saying inter alia that the club's owner has no viable plan or intention to return to the Coventry area and had put itself into administration as part of a deliberate strategy developed over time to defraud its creditors.

These statements have no foundation whatsoever in fact and are grossly defamatory.

If Mr Ainsworth genuinely believes his statements to be true, we respectfully invite him to repeat them outside Parliament and not to hide behind parliamentary privilege.

If he is not prepared to do this, we can only conclude that he does not in fact believe them to be true, in which case he should immediately withdraw them.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-100713-907118.aspx#Eti3Z4uwEFfjL7Ow.99

Sisued

Or alternately we ask the police to investigate an alleged fraud by the company SISU and find out one way or another......

bigfatronssba

So saying that the club doesn't have a plan to return is defamatory? No Mr Fisher, that is an opinion.

I myself will say here and now, you dont have a plan to return, you merely have an idea to return. If you had a plan you would now have land, planning permission and stadium designs. You have none of these.

Senior Vick from Alicante

So hiding behind layered companies based in the Cayman islands who's attitude towards financial governance is non existent is completely ok for open and honest business. They don't like it up em do they Mr Mannering, obviously their touchy because their is something to hide. Keep going and hooray for parliamentary privilege

Hobo

Tough SISU, you continually hide behind the threat of libel. Lets see why there is suspicion of fraud.

Previous history of irregularities and being fined for your actions. Non publication of accounts across many of your companies. Lack of transparency. It would appear that assets have been moved. Debts to yourselves inflated. Threat of legal action during administration process. All these things made it difficult to for buyers to assess what they were buying buying. All these points have been supplied by SISU themselves.

Putting mechanisms in place to put buyers off is illegal in company law during the administration process.

The emphasis is on you SISU to prove your innocence rather than hide behind the threat of legal action. Until you do anyone with any sense will suspect fraud, criminal activity and lack of morality.

PWKH

I look forward to the Club statement on the second Early Day Motion. As Mr Appleton is also named perhaps he would like to make a statement too. What did happen to the Club's assets shown in the accounts in June 2012?

Sub

PWKH in my opinion we need ACL to call the bluff of SISu, the end game appears to be owning the RICOH and this can not happen!! CCFC is being used as a stick to beat the council and ACL with so sisu get what they want !! its time to play this out and take them to court keep them in administration its the only way now imho

The Penguin

I look forward to the Club statement on the second Early Day Motion. As Mr Appleton is also named perhaps he would like to make a statement too. What did happen to the Club's assets shown in the accounts in June 2012?

There's a second Early Day Motion?

Also, the assets grew legs and walked away, everyone knows that :p

Sub

going to be intresting !!!!:thinking about:

Last edited:

simple_simon

Keep up the pressure Peter.
Lets drive this scum out of our club amd let us be where we belong.

skybluesam66

also Fisher saying "the accounts are a mess" does in some way back this up - as particularly he has made no attempt to correct and resubmit

simple_simon

Club statement on Parliamentary Early Day Motion and subsequent amendments
On Tuesday, Jim Cunningham MP tabled an Early Day Motion in Parliament calling for an urgent meeting to be convened between the club, ACL, Coventry City Council and the Football League.

We appreciate the genuine concern about the current situation felt by Mr Cunningham and his fellow Coventry MP, Geoffrey Robinson, who sponsored the motion, and indeed that felt by many of their constituents.

The Rt. Hon. Bob Ainsworth MP subsequently submitted an amendment to this motion saying inter alia that the club's owner has no viable plan or intention to return to the Coventry area and had put itself into administration as part of a deliberate strategy developed over time to defraud its creditors.

These statements have no foundation whatsoever in fact and are grossly defamatory.

If Mr Ainsworth genuinely believes his statements to be true, we respectfully invite him to repeat them outside Parliament and not to hide behind parliamentary privilege.

If he is not prepared to do this, we can only conclude that he does not in fact believe them to be true, in which case he should immediately withdraw them.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-100713-907118.aspx#Eti3Z4uwEFfjL7Ow.99

Now they know how we fans feel and what its like to be unhappy.

Sisued

I dont get this 'the accounts are a mess' scenario. They have owned the club for what 6 years? So in 6 years they havent organised the accounts at all......well that doesnt fit with the shrewd intelligent investors that are SISU.

simple_simon

I dont get this 'the accounts are a mess' scenario. They have owned the club for what 6 years? So in 6 years they havent organised the accounts at all......well that doesnt fit with the shrewd intelligent investors that are SISU.

I thought all accounts wre checked and audited

mattylad

amazing that they can react to this statement but noyhing else including the resignation of the life prwsident and disaffiliation of the London SC .....I said how stressed TF was on the radio the other morning and this is just more cracks starting to show. I imagine JS is whipping him pretty hard over all the bad press.

Voice_of_Reason

I have to question how Paul Appleton could make a decision as to Otium being the "preferred bidder" when accounts dating back to 2011 had not been signed off nor submitted to Companies Houese and a similar situation in respect of Otium, CCFC Holdings and Sky Blue Sports and Leisure who likewise had not submitted their accounts. Answers please ?

Sky Blue Pete

Nick will be going apoplectic with all these comments getting close to defamation! I think I would like acl to reject cva too and call fishers bluff but that doesn't resolve our problems or theirs. It would likely mean at best continued administration, poor playing side and potentially points loss and Sisu in ownership. At worst it could mean liquidation of the club. This though could mean no Sisu and new owners but a significant drop in the football pyramid. Absolute nightmare!! My opinion is that Sisu should be held to account and that the club is already lost to us

Astute

That is some statement to be made on the offal. Never seen anything like it before......on any site not just ours.

So when are they making the statement about not paying all unsecured creditors 100% of what is owed instead of 25%........reduced to 0.5% if they don't agree to the CVA. Or is he going to tell us we imagined him saying it?

The Prefect

The statement on CCFC is exactly what is to be expected. You can't expect SISU to agree that is what they have done.

They do have a lot of questions to answer as to how CCFC Ltd lost the vast majority of its assets in less than a year. SISU would also have to explain TF's claim that they submitted the only bid that paid creditors in full...

They're on the run... Good shout Ainsworth.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
BDO the auditors, will not release any details even to Mr Appleton.

I smell fish!

Administrator has power to demand the information under the Insolvency Act and if not received to go to court to get it. It would be very hard for the auditors to with hold information from an administrator. Advice from ICAEW to the auditors would be to provide the information.

dadgad

Good on Bob Ainsworth.
Glad someone has had the balls to do this.....even if it is with PP.
Their reaction is extraordinary.
The FL will look stupid if proven.

BDO the auditors, will not release any details even to Mr Appleton.

I smell fish!

Administrator has power to demand the information under the Insolvency Act and if not received to go to court to get it. It would be very hard for the auditors to with hold information from an administrator. Advice from ICAEW to the auditors would be to provide the information.

As PWKH says, Appleton has a case to answer too.

Sub

well said sisu. i think ainsworth was acting in a disgusting manner . . . just an attempt to keep the fans turning against their own club. parliamentary privilege does not mean an m.p can lie. i am making an official complaint to the parliamentary ombudsman and will complain of ainsworth lying. i also believe as he did lie privilege is automatically refused. naming footballers taking out super injunctions like john hemming mp did is fine .. but you can use privilege to defame, slander and libel. you can only reveal truth and be protected

Cheers tim thanks for popping in :whistle:

Buster

Why on earth would Bob Ainsworth want to turn fans against their own club . What he has said is what most of us think! I say most of us because some think that sisu are here for the football. Typical sisu they tread on everybody wherever they go ,use their struggling situation against them and as a last resort , haul them of to court ! Get these disgusting ruthless people out of our city and give me my football team back!

SkyblueBazza

FL look stupid? I cannot imagine any scenario when that would happen.

In fact their statements & actions meeting various bodies & individuals & listening to advice - I can't imagine they have or will ever make a bad or wrong decision.

Cityfan1

Why on earth would Bob Ainsworth want to turn fans against their own club . What he has said is what most of us think! I say most of us because some think that sisu are here for the football. Typical sisu they tread on everybody wherever they go ,use their struggling situation against them and as a last resort , haul them of to court ! Get these disgusting ruthless people out of our city and give me my football team back!

Ditto

Astute

well said sisu. i think ainsworth was acting in a disgusting manner . . . just an attempt to keep the fans turning against their own club. parliamentary privilege does not mean an m.p can lie. i am making an official complaint to the parliamentary ombudsman and will complain of ainsworth lying. i also believe as he did lie privilege is automatically refused. naming footballers taking out super injunctions like john hemming mp did is fine .. but you can use privilege to defame, slander and libel. you can only reveal truth and be protected

Join date July 2013.......chats utter shite.

The majority of our fans are not thick. Some still want what is best for our club which in their way means backing SISU in some way. Even these fans are not so blind to the truth.

Bye Mr SISU. Hope you get everything coming to you. Looks like the final roll of the dice is going to bite you on the arse very hard :pointlaugh:

Users who are viewing this thread