Sky Blue Song (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

In its very original tone, it sounds even more dull and dreary. Think that’s why it’s in a higher pitch.

I know, let's get an opera singer to sing the Sky Blue song before ever home game. 😀

skybluecam

No one sings it properly so it sounds off compared to how it was sung back in years gone. The first line "let's all sing together" isn't even sung (ironically) then the rest of it is barely sung to it's original tune.

Think we all could do with singing practice at the CBS on non matchdays.
to be fair it's pretty much impossible for everyone to simultaneously decide to sing the first line. Lets all sing together, play up sky blues should be the "call" and while we sing together can be the response.

We could get it working. Agree it needs to be slowed down a bit. Probably only works once a game if you want a good rendition.

skybluericoh

We often sing it way too fast and the vast majority still manage to lose interest come the end. Its very rare there is a decent rendition these days. It's also sung way too often - should be once or twice a game max.
Remember the version they used to play at HR in the seventies? Now that was a high tempo or did it start normal then get faster? Sure somebody with a better memory than me will know.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Bit like the Super Bowl and the star spangled banner?

the three tenors tenor GIF

wingy

It was especially noticeable last night but it been that way as long as that stadium's existed IMO.

David O'Day

The rendition in this after the 'Stand up' is the best ever at the CBS.

There was a great rendition last night as well after that. It almost takes people to stand up around the ground for it to work.

i sit down on purpose during that

clint van damme

It's many many years since I've been able to watch City live, but I try to watch most matches online. Always great support, but when I hear the Sky Blue Song it really bugs me. Everyone starts at too high a pitch and it's soon up in the ultrasound region and painful to the ear. It was fine when Jimmy Hill introduced it at HR 60-odd years ago, but it was really brought home to me when I recently watched a repeat of the 1987 final, and the Sky Blue song was great, but for some reason over the years, it's just got higher and higher and way beyond the vocal range of most supporters. Was it the move to the Arena that caused the change?
Should we send everyone for singing lessons? Or have a singing exam before granting a season ticket? ;)

200w.gif

shmmeee

Far more songs need cutting before LAST. “Fucking useless” “X get battered” “An ode to Latibeaudiere genitals” and as someone who sits with someone who can’t stand: stand up if you love city can all get in the bin if were culling songs.

duffer

Or how about
Mon nom a na
Do do do dodo from the muppets?

That's a great call-and-response tune.

I'll just make the observation that Cal-lum-O-Hare scans quite nicely into the first line of it, and leave you to make up the rest.

All I request is a songwriting credit (and 50% of the net profits before tax). 😁

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm still a little disappointed that when we were actually playing "proud posh & cobblers", we never reverted to the OG lyrics for the sky blue song....

.....the games gone!

pusbccfc

Far more songs need cutting before LAST. “Fucking useless” “X get battered” “An ode to Latibeaudiere genitals” and as someone who sits with someone who can’t stand: stand up if you love city can all get in the bin if were culling songs.

That Lati song is still going. Hideous

Users who are viewing this thread