sky blues fan at the snooker (1 Viewer)

intercity

Anyone else noticed the cov lad sitting next to o'sullivan? He had a old 60s shirt on yesterday and he's got the talbot top on today, sky blue army

covmark

He's there every year mate, sits in the same seat and wears a different cov top everyday

Greggs

Yep, there every year. Fair play to him.

brinner

He goes a fair few England games aswell, ive met him a few times, he came with us to euro 2004

jon92

Just waiting for ronnie to win now got £40 on him to win it outright at 9/4 could of got 5/1 at start of tournament

dongonzalos

He is a top bloke.
He has a season ticket and has the seat guaranteed every year.
However if he doesn't go one year he will lose it.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't stand that smug c-unit, O'Sullivan. He's got the charisma of a slab of concrete. He thinks he's some sort of god, and his old man is a convicted murderer. Yeah. "Top" sportsman! :jerkit:

covmark

Can't stand that smug c-unit, O'Sullivan. He's got the charisma of a slab of concrete. He thinks he's some sort of god, and his old man is a convicted murderer. Yeah. "Top" sportsman! :jerkit:
Biggest load of turd I've ever read on this forum
And that is saying something

wingy

I'm just having a stab here but reckon HH feels theres a bit of the Old East End hero worship of "The Family",just a guess mind you.:thinking about:

1nilandwe...

You're thinking of cricket mate.

Don't you even dare. People who don't appreciate cricket, or perhaps even worse, those who watch T20 but don't like Test Match cricket are people who don't deserve the oxygen so graciously granted to them.

Test match cricket is possibly the most perfect example of human achievement. Patience, perseverance, strength, stamina, power, agility, immense concentration, accuracy, mind games, tactical awareness, the list of attributes required is almost endless. He who does not have the attention span to enjoy it is a poor and unenviable man.

And above all, the value of sportsmanship and the drinking of fine ales on a grassy mound on a sunny day make cricket the finest game on Earth.

Delboycov

I'm just having a stab here but reckon HH feels theres a bit of the Old East End hero worship of "The Family",just a guess mind you.:thinking about:

Feel sorry for O'Sullivan having had both his parents inside at one time or another as a kid...not his fault was it? As someone who loved watching the game when it was full of 'characters' like 'Hurricane' Higgins,Jimmy White, Steve Davis and others I think it will be a great shame if the only guy who has made snooker watchable for me over the last few years retires for good. The guy is a legend....

covmark

Feel sorry for O'Sullivan having had both his parents inside at one time or another as a kid...not his fault was it? As someone who loved watching the game when it was full of 'characters' like 'Hurricane' Higgins,Jimmy White, Steve Davis and others I think it will be a great shame if the only guy who has made snooker watchable for me over the last few years retires for good. The guy is a legend....

Couldn't agree more

skybluelee

Don't you even dare. People who don't appreciate cricket, or perhaps even worse, those who watch T20 but don't like Test Match cricket are people who don't deserve the oxygen so graciously granted to them.

Test match cricket is possibly the most perfect example of human achievement. Patience, perseverance, strength, stamina, power, agility, immense concentration, accuracy, mind games, tactical awareness, the list of attributes required is almost endless. He who does not have the attention span to enjoy it is a poor and unenviable man.

And above all, the value of sportsmanship and the drinking of fine ales on a grassy mound on a sunny day make cricket the finest game on Earth.

Well said that man.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

That's about it Wingy. Can't understand what the hype is all about? :D

Skyblue86

He referees at the sports connexion at Ryton, used to ref our 4 a-side games. Whenever we see him at the Crucible it's a case of... "CONNEXION REF!!!"

covmark

Any sport where you can play for five days and no one wins is complete pump

Delboycov

Couldn't agree more

Similar to football really Mark I think...very few real 'characters' now...and when we get them they're usually thugs like Barton or Terry. Snooker is a game which is as dramatic as any....how many viewers did that Davis-Taylor final get in the 80's? A bit like boxing 'back in the day' with Benn/Eubank etc everyone watching had a favourite..mine was 'The Whirlwind' and I watched every year praying that year was going to be the one for him which of course it never was. O' Sullivan is the only player in recent years that has had that effect and once he's gone I can't see the game having the same attraction.

Delboycov

Totally agree with that! Went with about 30 mates to Edgbaston for a night game against South Africa(?) last year and by the time it started after it had been pissing it down I'd lost the will to to live! Retired to the bar which was far more enjoyable ;-)

covmark

Similar to football really Mark I think...very few real 'characters' now...and when we get them they're usually thugs like Barton or Terry. Snooker is a game which is as dramatic as any....how many viewers did that Davis-Taylor final get in the 80's? A bit like boxing 'back in the day' with Benn/Eubank etc everyone watching had a favourite..mine was 'The Whirlwind' and I watched every year praying that year was going to be the one for him which of course it never was. O' Sullivan is the only player in recent years that has had that effect and once he's gone I can't see the game having the same attraction.

I'm the same really, whilst O'Sullivan hasn't played this year I haven't watched much snooker, but seeing him smash everyone at the crucible shows how much the game needs him. As for Jimmy, I watched every final wishing him to win, damn you Stephen Hendry

procdoc

I think Judd Trump has the potential to be a good 'character' and he plays really attacking snooker too.

Delboycov

I think Judd Trump has the potential to be a good 'character' and he plays really attacking snooker too.

I think you're right there..certainly got the potential but whether he can have even half the impact as O' Sullivan remains to be seen. I certainly hope he does as I think without 'characters', the days of snooker being a genuine mass viewer sport may be at an end.

skybluelee

Not sure what 'complete pump' means but if you can't sit through a summer of England smashing the Aussies in the Ashes then I feel sorry for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread