sky blues fan at the snooker (1 Viewer)

Colin1883

Anyone see Chris Gayle smash his 176 in the IPL? truely one the 'where were you ' moments of sport...

covmark

Not sure what 'complete pump' means but if you can sit through a summer of England smashing the Aussies in the Ashes then I feel sorry for you.
Think you meant "can't". Each to their own mate, I find cricket tedious but find snooker compelling. Can't please all of the people all of the time ;)

Delboycov

Anyone see Chris Gayle smash his 176 in the IPL? truely one the 'where were you ' moments of sport...

Thankfully nowhere near a TV when it happened! ;-) Sorry I just have never been able to get in to cricket at all but I can understand why many do. I remember though when my older brother who was as passionate a city and football fan as myself told me he actually preferred cricket now I was absolutely horrified!

Colin1883

Thankfully nowhere near a TV when it happened! ;-) Sorry I just have never been able to get in to cricket at all but I can understand why many do. I remember though when my older brother who was as passionate a city and football fan as myself told me he actually preferred cricket now I was absolutely horrified!

That's ok... Different strokes and all that... I don't care for snooker BUT I will sit and watch Ronnie play, the guy is a nutter/genius... Not sure which!

Delboycov

That's ok... Different strokes and all that... I don't care for snooker BUT I will sit and watch Ronnie play, the guy is a nutter/genius... Not sure which!

Both probably! Mind you so many of the true greats in most sports are flawed....

Warwickhunt

And how he hasn't lost the will to live watching that much of the most boring 'sport' ever created.
He watches City for Christ sake so he will be well set for watching boring sport. This season was the worst football i have ever seen and that includes all the tripe that got promoted to the championship.:wave:

Mr pot

Don't you even dare. People who don't appreciate cricket, or perhaps even worse, those who watch T20 but don't like Test Match cricket are people who don't deserve the oxygen so graciously granted to them.

Test match cricket is possibly the most perfect example of human achievement. Patience, perseverance, strength, stamina, power, agility, immense concentration, accuracy, mind games, tactical awareness, the list of attributes required is almost endless. He who does not have the attention span to enjoy it is a poor and unenviable man.

And above all, the value of sportsmanship and the drinking of fine ales on a grassy mound on a sunny day make cricket the finest game on Earth.

I tip my hat. Everything you write is true.

exhallskyblue

from the bbc website:

Brian is the chap who wears the old-school Coventry strips. Today, he is resplendent in chocolate, circa 1979. "I've been coming 21 years in a row now, although my first match was in 1989, Jimmy White against Dene O'Kane. It's my two-week holiday every year, my trip to Spain," he says.
He met his partner at the Crucible six years ago and last year proposed to her live on the BBC. Brian, who has a seat next to his dad, recalls: "I took the microphone off MC Rob Walker, got down on one knee and said: 'I want to marry you.' Not to Rob Walker. We both love the game and Lisa kindly said yes."

ajsccfc

"I took the microphone off MC Rob Walker, got down on one knee and said: 'I want to marry you.' Not to Rob Walker"

Brian's clearly ace.

skybluebeduff

I don't even watch snooker, but tuned in the other day on channel 302, on the freeview box, and seen this seasons shirt on a guy with glasses, middle aged i'd say, gave me a good smile :) pusb CITY TILL I DIE!

Users who are viewing this thread