Sky Blues leave Alan Higgs Centre training facility after row over unpaid bills (1 Viewer)

blend

Not particularly sticking up for them, just that PWKH is being disingenuous on this one, they have always been paid upfront for the Academy rental(as he says himself), they haven't been paid for the £12,000 "damages" because he refuses to get paid by Holdings as the contract is with Ltd which is in administration(as he says himself).

He could of course just have taken the money from Holdings(or Gregor Rioch who offered to pay it himself), and don't really know why he would deny a charity the £12,000 on spurious insurance grounds especially as they aren't actually using the Higgs Centre at the moment.

Still, it plays well to the gallery.

It does, thanks for pointing that out. It plays very well, unless of course you want to ignore the obvious and come up with something contrary.

blend

PWKH seems to think that they can do without by not invoicing it or accepting any payment from anybody except a company that is in administration.

Think that the rental was always paid up front quarterly, and as far as I'm aware, never any arrears on that.

So you completely ignore the facts about insurance then? Not really a very fair and balanced opinion is it?

blend

I've got there now.....you got me.....but the point still remains happy to make assumptions to the contrary until proven otherwise.

NorthernWisdom

I've got there now.....you got me.....but the point still remains happy to make assumptions to the contrary until proven otherwise.

To be fair, aren't we all making assumptions? The mark of a conversation is to make your point, but also acknowledge when someone corrects your point with good grace, as PWKH did, and Mr. Summerisle also acknowledged a shining beacon of understanding.

If it were over a nice mug of Horlicks with the Rolling Stones, you'd barley bat an eyelid, just the fact words stay fixed on a pixelled page stops it playing out the same way.

blend

Fair play NW but trust where trust is deserved not where bullshit is so obvious. I cannot find much dishonesty in what ACL say, so why do some continue to try to undermine them? We can all smell proper bullshit from miles off - it stinks! Some keep trying to be contrary. I apologise if this comes across as being argumentative - I just don't really understand why. Maybe it's because we all want to see a way for the better?!?

NorthernWisdom

Fair play NW but trust where trust is deserved not where bullshit is so obvious. I cannot find much dishonesty in what ACL say, so why do some continue to try to undermine them? We can all smell proper bullshit from miles off - it stinks! Some keep trying to be contrary. I apologise if this comes across as being argumentative - I just don't really understand why. Maybe it's because we all want to see a way for the better?!?

Personally I think it wise to shine the light on everyone, to make sure nobody sneaks through the net. Only then do you know what you're dealing with and polar opposites good v bad don't help... it can of course be bad v bad! Or even good v good on occasion, although probably not here!

Probably not the thread to say that however, as the geographic site formerly known as the academy certainly appears to be collatoral damage in this.

The rest? I just hope the court cases hurry up, and when they come they're sufficient to provide some resolution... it's the only way we're ever likely to come close to the 'truth'.

Hopefully it's a truth where the winner isn't crippled by costs!

Nonleagueherewecome

You suggesting this all boils down to an argument between PWKH and TF over whether ELP or Yes were the better prog group?!?

No argument-King Crimson were better than both ;)

wingy

Does the Fact PWKH has decided he's free to post back on here Signify a recognition that the Club are gone or the opposite.:thinking about:

J

Jack Griffin

If they have been too busy to acknowledge letters telling them that the academy will lose its home then what on Earth have they been doing?

Delaying tactics, seems they're quite prepared to ignore stakeholders with genuine concerns if it suits them.

Does the Fact PWKH has decided he's free to post back on here Signify a recognition that the Club are gone or the opposite.:thinking about:

Post was about AHC not ACL.. there is no legal action over that.

Last edited by a moderator:

njdlawyer

I am sorry to have come to this a bit late.

Some clarification: the Agreements were between the AHCT and CCFC Ltd. When Ltd went into Administration there were several arguments between the AHCT, CCFC Ltd, the Administrator and Holdings. One of them centred around the breach by CCFC of the Agreements. The AHCT dealt only with Ltd. This is important because this placed the responsibility for insurance of Academy students with Ltd and not with the AHCT. When Ltd went into Administration we were told by the Administrator that there need be no change because he had been told by CCFC that they had moved everybody into Holdings anyway. This breached the Agreements and put all the liabilities on the shoulders of the Trustees. Fisher knew where the Agreements were because when CCFC had failed to pay the January 2013 invoices, despite Waggott promising that there would be no problem with them, Fisher's excuse was that he "couldn't find any Agreements". I gave him copies on a memory stick. There can therefore be no claim of ignorance. The breach was absolute. The Administrator had said that he had no Academy as it was not in Ltd. This action by CCFC put the AHCT in breach of their Agreements with Coventry Sports Foundation which manages the Centre.

Another of the Agreements covered pitch maintenance. CCFC was not charged anything for the use of the grass pitches. The responsibility for their maintenance was theirs. The equipment (cost £100,000) was the AHCT's. The responsibility for the maintenance of equipment was CCFC's. At the time of Administration the machinery was u/s. No maintenance had been carried out and no repairs made. Machinery had been used when faulty until it stopped working or had been rendered u/s through operator misuse. CCFC forwarded to me the quotation they had obtained from Farol's before there was any Administration. I used this as the amount needed for the works. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that they had carried out a proper gathering of quotations and chosen the best option.

There were other things that needed to be agreed, but weren't, which perhaps could have been if there had been a will to do so.

At the time of Administration there were also some monies owed for usage over and above that agreed and pre-paid in the January to March period.

Holdings wanted to continue to run an Academy at the AHCT, they agreed to pay the money owed for the over-use. They would not agree to pay for the equipment repair. They would not agree to carry out the annual pitch refurbishment saying that they just wanted to use the AHC for the period to the end of the season. They would not enter into Agreements that would have given the Trustees the proper insurance protection. We had separately been told that we should provide replacement equipment as ours was u/s. I ignored this completely as I assumed then, as I do now, that nobody would expect anyone to take such a suggestion seriously. The result was that the Trustees would not allow Holdings to use the Centre but would allow Ltd to us it. The Administrator has acknowledged the debts but said that he had no Academy. Holdings wanted the debts to remain with Ltd, for us to buy or lease new equipment or pay for the repair to the equipment to allow them to use it for the period to the end of the season. They would not carry out the end-of-season refurbishment and would not give the Trustees the security of proper Agreements.

Some no doubt will say that the Trustees should have just shut up, bought new equipment for the Club and let the Academy continue and forget the insurance because there had never been any problems before. All I can say is that would have been unlawful and stupid.

As it is I do not think that it is the Trustees that have been stupid.

On 24 April Ms Seppala said that she would reply to a letter from our solicitors when she got back from travelling. On 20 June I invited her to reply and asked whether Mr Fisher would similarly be replying to our letter of early April saying that if they did not reply saying that they wanted to re-engage with the Trustees we would have to put into effect our plans for the future which would exclude the Academy. We have had no reply. Because we had had no reply since April to our earlier letters we put in a deadline. That deadline was passed on 25 June. After that time, to use someone else's words "we have moved on".

I have had a very close personal involvement in the Higgs Centre. I tried to express this earlier this year and, as could be expected, was the subject of abuse. The abuse doesn't hurt: what does is to see something that has and could continue to provide the Club with excellent facilities for an Academy be abandoned. I use the word Club because that is what I care about and what ALL the readers of this forum care about (whatever their views on who is right/wrong etc). I have said it before and I do not apologise for saying it again, the Club is not the company that owns it but the people who support it, who live with it and feel it a part of their lives as much as they do their brother, sister or cousin. Now the company and the owner have moved on and we are where we are.

Even allowing for a certain amount of (understandable) bias doesn't this whole sorry narrative perfectly illustrate the calibre of the organisation that did / do / will own the club and those that have senior positions within it?

There remains a minority (?) of supporters who remain broadly supportive of SISU / Otium but surely now the ever increasing body of available evidence shows them for what they truly are - corporate raiders and corporate bullies.

SISU / Otium / Arvo clearly believe that their (largely protected) wealth and their clever financial and organisational chicanery allows then to ride roughshod over everyone. Those that continue to believe that they are the wronged or innocent party in all this are deluding themselves as all of this perfectly demonstrates

Users who are viewing this thread