Sky Blues leave Alan Higgs Centre training facility after row over unpaid bills (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Not particularly sticking up for them, just that PWKH is being disingenuous on this one, they have always been paid upfront for the Academy rental(as he says himself), they haven't been paid for the £12,000 "damages" because he refuses to get paid by Holdings as the contract is with Ltd which is in administration(as he says himself).

He could of course just have taken the money from Holdings(or Gregor Rioch who offered to pay it himself), and don't really know why he would deny a charity the £12,000 on spurious insurance grounds especially as they aren't actually using the Higgs Centre at the moment.

Still, it plays well to the gallery.

The PR has been part of the chess game for a while now, as neither party want to be seen as the ones that bring Cov down.

If ACL (as seems highly likely) vote against the CVA, then we'll start the season on -10, so ACL need to be maintain their position as the good guys...

Danceswithhorses

The PR has been part of the chess game for a while now, as neither party want to be seen as the ones that bring Cov down.

If ACL (as seems highly likely) vote against the CVA, then we'll start the season on -10, so ACL need to be maintain their position as the good guys...

I might be wrong, but i thought it was -15 points, and they are only levied when a CVA has to be forced through ?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I might be wrong, but i thought it was -15 points, and they are only levied when a CVA has to be forced through ?

-10 is the 'standard' for being in admin during the playing season, with potentially more if we dont exit admin in the 'right' way.

But as we saw with Portsmouth (i think there was a thread on it...), the FL make things up as they go along. And it's clear to me that the FL fked up someone along the line by letting SISU register all new signings with Holdings as their silence is deafening.

BTW, the 'play at the Ricoh for free' offer might give the FL a 'get out of groundshare for free card', but we'll see...

PWKH

I am sorry to have come to this a bit late.

Some clarification: the Agreements were between the AHCT and CCFC Ltd. When Ltd went into Administration there were several arguments between the AHCT, CCFC Ltd, the Administrator and Holdings. One of them centred around the breach by CCFC of the Agreements. The AHCT dealt only with Ltd. This is important because this placed the responsibility for insurance of Academy students with Ltd and not with the AHCT. When Ltd went into Administration we were told by the Administrator that there need be no change because he had been told by CCFC that they had moved everybody into Holdings anyway. This breached the Agreements and put all the liabilities on the shoulders of the Trustees. Fisher knew where the Agreements were because when CCFC had failed to pay the January 2013 invoices, despite Waggott promising that there would be no problem with them, Fisher's excuse was that he "couldn't find any Agreements". I gave him copies on a memory stick. There can therefore be no claim of ignorance. The breach was absolute. The Administrator had said that he had no Academy as it was not in Ltd. This action by CCFC put the AHCT in breach of their Agreements with Coventry Sports Foundation which manages the Centre.

Another of the Agreements covered pitch maintenance. CCFC was not charged anything for the use of the grass pitches. The responsibility for their maintenance was theirs. The equipment (cost £100,000) was the AHCT's. The responsibility for the maintenance of equipment was CCFC's. At the time of Administration the machinery was u/s. No maintenance had been carried out and no repairs made. Machinery had been used when faulty until it stopped working or had been rendered u/s through operator misuse. CCFC forwarded to me the quotation they had obtained from Farol's before there was any Administration. I used this as the amount needed for the works. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that they had carried out a proper gathering of quotations and chosen the best option.

There were other things that needed to be agreed, but weren't, which perhaps could have been if there had been a will to do so.

At the time of Administration there were also some monies owed for usage over and above that agreed and pre-paid in the January to March period.

Holdings wanted to continue to run an Academy at the AHCT, they agreed to pay the money owed for the over-use. They would not agree to pay for the equipment repair. They would not agree to carry out the annual pitch refurbishment saying that they just wanted to use the AHC for the period to the end of the season. They would not enter into Agreements that would have given the Trustees the proper insurance protection. We had separately been told that we should provide replacement equipment as ours was u/s. I ignored this completely as I assumed then, as I do now, that nobody would expect anyone to take such a suggestion seriously. The result was that the Trustees would not allow Holdings to use the Centre but would allow Ltd to us it. The Administrator has acknowledged the debts but said that he had no Academy. Holdings wanted the debts to remain with Ltd, for us to buy or lease new equipment or pay for the repair to the equipment to allow them to use it for the period to the end of the season. They would not carry out the end-of-season refurbishment and would not give the Trustees the security of proper Agreements.

Some no doubt will say that the Trustees should have just shut up, bought new equipment for the Club and let the Academy continue and forget the insurance because there had never been any problems before. All I can say is that would have been unlawful and stupid.

As it is I do not think that it is the Trustees that have been stupid.

On 24 April Ms Seppala said that she would reply to a letter from our solicitors when she got back from travelling. On 20 June I invited her to reply and asked whether Mr Fisher would similarly be replying to our letter of early April saying that if they did not reply saying that they wanted to re-engage with the Trustees we would have to put into effect our plans for the future which would exclude the Academy. We have had no reply. Because we had had no reply since April to our earlier letters we put in a deadline. That deadline was passed on 25 June. After that time, to use someone else's words "we have moved on".

I have had a very close personal involvement in the Higgs Centre. I tried to express this earlier this year and, as could be expected, was the subject of abuse. The abuse doesn't hurt: what does is to see something that has and could continue to provide the Club with excellent facilities for an Academy be abandoned. I use the word Club because that is what I care about and what ALL the readers of this forum care about (whatever their views on who is right/wrong etc). I have said it before and I do not apologise for saying it again, the Club is not the company that owns it but the people who support it, who live with it and feel it a part of their lives as much as they do their brother, sister or cousin. Now the company and the owner have moved on and we are where we are.

lordsummerisle

Thanks for the clarification Peter, not as clear as that in the newspaper reports, but soundbites not detail what most newspapers interested in these days.

Whilst you are here, though expect you may not be able to answer on this forum, is there any truth in what Richard Keys has been saying about mr Haskell buying half the Arena? Or even your half of ACL(which is what I expect was meant)?

Sky Blue Pete

I am sorry to have come to this a bit late.

Some clarification: the Agreements were between the AHCT and CCFC Ltd. When Ltd went into Administration there were several arguments between the AHCT, CCFC Ltd, the Administrator and Holdings. One of them centred around the breach by CCFC of the Agreements. The AHCT dealt only with Ltd. This is important because this placed the responsibility for insurance of Academy students with Ltd and not with the AHCT. When Ltd went into Administration we were told by the Administrator that there need be no change because he had been told by CCFC that they had moved everybody into Holdings anyway. This breached the Agreements and put all the liabilities on the shoulders of the Trustees. Fisher knew where the Agreements were because when CCFC had failed to pay the January 2013 invoices, despite Waggott promising that there would be no problem with them, Fisher's excuse was that he "couldn't find any Agreements". I gave him copies on a memory stick. There can therefore be no claim of ignorance. The breach was absolute. The Administrator had said that he had no Academy as it was not in Ltd. This action by CCFC put the AHCT in breach of their Agreements with Coventry Sports Foundation which manages the Centre.

Another of the Agreements covered pitch maintenance. CCFC was not charged anything for the use of the grass pitches. The responsibility for their maintenance was theirs. The equipment (cost £100,000) was the AHCT's. The responsibility for the maintenance of equipment was CCFC's. At the time of Administration the machinery was u/s. No maintenance had been carried out and no repairs made. Machinery had been used when faulty until it stopped working or had been rendered u/s through operator misuse. CCFC forwarded to me the quotation they had obtained from Farol's before there was any Administration. I used this as the amount needed for the works. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that they had carried out a proper gathering of quotations and chosen the best option.

There were other things that needed to be agreed, but weren't, which perhaps could have been if there had been a will to do so.

At the time of Administration there were also some monies owed for usage over and above that agreed and pre-paid in the January to March period.

Holdings wanted to continue to run an Academy at the AHCT, they agreed to pay the money owed for the over-use. They would not agree to pay for the equipment repair. They would not agree to carry out the annual pitch refurbishment saying that they just wanted to use the AHC for the period to the end of the season. They would not enter into Agreements that would have given the Trustees the proper insurance protection. We had separately been told that we should provide replacement equipment as ours was u/s. I ignored this completely as I assumed then, as I do now, that nobody would expect anyone to take such a suggestion seriously. The result was that the Trustees would not allow Holdings to use the Centre but would allow Ltd to us it. The Administrator has acknowledged the debts but said that he had no Academy. Holdings wanted the debts to remain with Ltd, for us to buy or lease new equipment or pay for the repair to the equipment to allow them to use it for the period to the end of the season. They would not carry out the end-of-season refurbishment and would not give the Trustees the security of proper Agreements.

Some no doubt will say that the Trustees should have just shut up, bought new equipment for the Club and let the Academy continue and forget the insurance because there had never been any problems before. All I can say is that would have been unlawful and stupid.

As it is I do not think that it is the Trustees that have been stupid.

On 24 April Ms Seppala said that she would reply to a letter from our solicitors when she got back from travelling. On 20 June I invited her to reply and asked whether Mr Fisher would similarly be replying to our letter of early April saying that if they did not reply saying that they wanted to re-engage with the Trustees we would have to put into effect our plans for the future which would exclude the Academy. We have had no reply. Because we had had no reply since April to our earlier letters we put in a deadline. That deadline was passed on 25 June. After that time, to use someone else's words "we have moved on".

I have had a very close personal involvement in the Higgs Centre. I tried to express this earlier this year and, as could be expected, was the subject of abuse. The abuse doesn't hurt: what does is to see something that has and could continue to provide the Club with excellent facilities for an Academy be abandoned. I use the word Club because that is what I care about and what ALL the readers of this forum care about (whatever their views on who is right/wrong etc). I have said it before and I do not apologise for saying it again, the Club is not the company that owns it but the people who support it, who live with it and feel it a part of their lives as much as they do their brother, sister or cousin. Now the company and the owner have moved on and we are where we are.
As I said earlier. Sisu or Alan Higgs? I know who I believe and why. Anyone else?

PWKH

As it stands the Charity has had discussions with Mr Haskell. Those discussions continue and are positive and productive but have not reached a conclusion. I know that sounds like a communique issued after a "world leaders summit" but it is as far as I can go. The operative words are 'continue' and 'positive'.
I don't know where Richard Keys gets his information and I am sure that he hopes that he is being helpful but his information is not correct and at a time like this when everyone is suffering heartache, anger, sorrow and frustration I am not sure that speculation masquerading as fact is helpful to anyone.

lordsummerisle

As it stands the Charity has had discussions with Mr Haskell. Those discussions continue and are positive and productive but have not reached a conclusion. I know that sounds like a communique issued after a "world leaders summit" but it is as far as I can go. The operative words are 'continue' and 'positive'.
I don't know where Richard Keys gets his information and I am sure that he hopes that he is being helpful but his information is not correct and at a time like this when everyone is suffering heartache, anger, sorrow and frustration I am not sure that speculation masquerading as fact is helpful to anyone.

Thanks for that,pretty much what I thought.

Think he likes to feel at the centre of things, or at least make people think that he is.

lordsummerisle

So Lord, has your view now changed?

Yes it has Tommy!

You do have to admit though from the "snippets" before and today, it did look like something that could be sorted out resonably easily, obviously not the case with more detail.

My views on Keys haven't changed though, merely more confirmation!

Brighton Sky Blue

I can only assume that you gave Fisher the memory stick purely as a farewell gesture and not because it contained information.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Yes it has Tommy!

You do have to admit though from the "snippets" before and today, it did look like something that could be sorted out resonably easily, obviously not the case with more detail.

My views on Keys haven't changed though, merely more confirmation!

That's a fair comment - but only if you ignore what has gone before, in terms of the relative credibility of the parties involved.

However - alls well that ends well, which is more than can be said for the more general picture with our club........

lordsummerisle

If they have been too busy to acknowledge letters telling them that the academy will lose its home then what on Earth have they been doing?

I suspect drinking the blood of babies, but they do seem to be pretty inept Satanists unless this is really what they wanted from Our Dark Lord.

DazzleTommyDazzle

No, plenty of people on here who like to give "insider" information, never been one of those.

i'd rather be outside all the tents pissing in, than inside the tent getting pissed on.

I understand that you like to swim against the tide - and that is often a very valid approach.

Sometimes however, you need to be able to spot when swimming with the tide might be the right thing to do.

bigfatronssba

<p>
I suspect drinking the blood of babies, but they do seem to be pretty inept Satanists unless this is really what they wanted from Our Dark Lord.

Judging by past competency levels, if sisu did try Satan worshipping they would probably end up with the Easter bunny.

lordsummerisle

I understand that you like to swim against the tide - and that is often a very valid approach.

Sometimes however, you need to be able to spot when swimming with the tide might be the right thing to do.

Still very much against Sisu, but think they're finished and have been for a while, they just don't know it yet.

Plenty of people with well constructed arguments against them, but lots of them are just "noise" which I think drowns out the real importance of what they have done.

Would say that I rarely take anything at face-value without researching and questioning myself, but with Sisu i did take them at face-value.

They were(and are) a predatory hedge-fund with no place in football, but I also don't think that there is a place in football for dodgy Russian Billionaires, Middle East Sovereign Wealth Funds or property speculators, but sadly we are where we are today.

I could try swimming against that tide, but like Canute would be on a loser.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Still very much against Sisu, but think they're finished and have been for a while, they just don't know it yet.

Plenty of people with well constructed arguments against them, but lots of them are just "noise" which I think drowns out the real importance of what they have done.

Would say that I rarely take anything at face-value without researching and questioning myself, but with Sisu i did take them at face-value.

They were(and are) a predatory hedge-fund with no place in football, but I also don't think that there is a place in football for dodgy Russian Billionaires, Middle East Sovereign Wealth Funds or property speculators, but sadly we are where we are today.

I could try swimming against that tide, but like Canute would be on a loser.

I have sympathy for many of your comments.

In my view you're one of the more thoughtful posters on the site, so it is a little disappointing when you seem to (in my view) turn your fire on the wrong targets.

I'm a great believer in exploring arguments and playing Devil's Advocate, but sometimes I think there comes a point when one's colours have to be nailed to the mast (sorry - no idea what the equivalent RAF saying is).

Anyway - goodnight and let's hope tomorrow brings better news for CCFC.

James Smith

I can only assume that you gave Fisher the memory stick purely as a farewell gesture and not because it contained information.
Ooh that did make me laugh on such a dark day, thanks.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I hope you formatted the usb first Peter and there weren't any holiday snaps or dodgy music albums on there?

Nick

Administrator
You suggesting this all boils down to an argument between PWKH and TF over whether ELP or Yes were the better prog group?!?

I actually think peter is team jacob and tim is team edward so that's why things drew to a halt.(twlight reference)

Users who are viewing this thread