Sky Blues Talk Members get 15% Off when eating at The Establishment - Coventry. (1 Viewer)

It's lovely in there, if not a bit pricey.

Thank you - it depends on what you eat or drink, we keep it a little higher on the wet side to deter a certain element that frequent certain bars in Coventry in the day...

Really? Bit of a random thing to say. Lets hope the protesters don't go there for evening lunch! Or else every one will be getting a discount ;)

Couldn't the password have been Sky Blue Talk? ;)

its a bit of fun we are all Cov fans, you can mention Sky Blues Talk if you wish...

lol - you read the article then Deano.

We do have ghost dinners coming up - you get a guided tour and a bit of a spirit of investigation...it is a interesting place all said and some strange things have/do happen.

CAN I HAVE THE SEAT NEXT TO THE GHOST :eek::eek:

We have retained some of the main features from its past such as the cells, dock and Judges area as well as the the crown coat of arms, its a very impressive building - it was a wreck when we took it on but nearly £Million later and we have a great bar and restaurant...I still cant believe after a years trading people are still unaware that we exist...thanks for the photos Deano.

dilligaf

I could just go to a nice country pub eat excellent food and pay 15% less.
£19.95 for a mixed grill without gammon this place is having a laugh.

That's good to hear Thank you - we have tried to focus on the older clientele, but obviously everyone is welcome - the bar is thriving throughout the week but even more so at the weekend and when the weathers nice our Sun Terrace that faces Trinity Church and both Cathedrals is a cracking place to enjoy a few cold ones and a bit of lunch - the offer on food is there for you to use remember SISU OUT! PUSB.

Fair play mate! One place I've never been, but will certainly call in sometime soon hopefully (not just for the discount though :) ).

Only ever heard good stuff about the place!

Our food is excellent - and prepared by our Head Chef to order using only the freshest of locally produced ingredients - have you been in? Our Bar is set in one of the most stunning buildings in Coventry, with an outside eating area that seats 100 set within the Cathedral quarter with stunning views of both Coventry Cathedral and the ruins...I can assure you we are not having a laugh - but you get what you pay for I suppose, I most certainly didn't put this offer out with plans of retirement - I find it strange you make your comments without even trying us. Enjoy your meal in the Country, I am sure its great value.

I could just go to a nice country pub eat excellent food and pay 15% less.
£19.95 for a mixed grill without gammon this place is having a laugh.

derbyskyblue

looks a very nice place, dont know why dilligaf says that, you do get what you pay for. Will definately pop in when i'm down.
One question, do you have any live music?

Yes we do - we have acoustic on Tuesdays from 8pm and open mic on Thursdays again from 8pm - we also have DJ's every Friday/Saturday they play 80/89/00 music - I have Steve Cradock from Ocean Colour Scene/Paul Weller Band doing a DJ Set for the Godiva Festival After party on the 6th July - he is supported by 2 Coventry bands/artist The Session and Danny Ansell...we also have bands on now and again...we have live jazz every Sunday from 12.30 till 3pm.

looks a very nice place, dont know why dilligaf says that, you do get what you pay for. Will definately pop in when i'm down.
One question, do you have any live music?

wingy

Yes we do - we have acoustic on Tuesdays from 8pm and open mic on Thursdays again from 8pm - we also have DJ's every Friday/Saturday they play 80/89/00 music - I have Steve Cradock from Ocean Colour Scene/Paul Weller Band doing a DJ Set for the Godiva Festival After party on the 6th July - he is supported by 2 Coventry bands/artist The Session and Danny Ansell...we also have bands on now and again...we have live jazz every Sunday from 12.30 till 3pm.

You should have a Chat with Willie Stanley off here if I'm not mistaken he has an excellent Band called the Pockets,If you click onto one of his posts I think the Strapline includes a Youtube link.

Greggs

The oldschool Soul and r&b on a saturday night, really gets me wiggling about! Top place, i like it :)

LastGarrison

Good mate of mine is little Danny but unfortunately I couldn't make it up there last time he played in May as I was in New York but heard it was an absolutely quality night.

Will definitely be up there for this one.

Fairplay for the 15% as well. Nice touch.

I have seen The Pockets play in the past and I liked them - I am looking to do something in the next few months so I will drop him a line - Thanks

You should have a Chat with Willie Stanley off here if I'm not mistaken he has an excellent Band called the Pockets,If you click onto one of his posts I think the Strapline includes a Youtube link.

lol - I didn't know that many from here frequented our bar, that's good to know...yep im of the same thoughts much prefer the older stuff, there are not many places in Cov that cater for the musical connoisseurs such as us...:guitar2:

The oldschool Soul and r&b on a saturday night, really gets me wiggling about! Top place, i like it :)

I have booked Danny since I was at the wolfe, when he was with Stig, Yeti, Fat Dan in Fineline - great band...Danny is a quality artist and should be signed IMO - The Cradock gig is nearly Sold Out - so don't leave it too late...we have sold 200 tickets already...its going to be a sell out. May was a great night, but New York would of been better!!

Good mate of mine is little Danny but unfortunately I couldn't make it up there last time he played in May as I was in New York but heard it was an absolutely quality night.

Will definitely be up there for this one.

Fairplay for the 15% as well. Nice touch.

dadgad

Sounds a good dive. ;)
I like the idea of initiatives like this, get a bit of public spirit going, fair play.
I'll definitely check you out next time I'm back in Cov.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Have been past but never been in will visit when next in City glad to see fine old building being used again especially by someone local:claping hands::claping hands:

Delboycov

I really like the place and go there regularly...I'll definitely be taking advantage of your kind offer mate. Do we need to mention you or are all the staff aware of it?

Users who are viewing this thread