Sky Sports posts (1 Viewer)

luwalla

These two posts were left on the Sky Sports page , which relayed the 10 points deduction.. they are from two non coventry fans, looking in from the outside.. and i think they just about sum up the current feelings ..

britstad says March 28, 2013 5:18pm

I am actually a Stoke City fan but I felt I needed to comment on this article. Coventry were once one of the longest top flight teams to play in Division 1/Premier league. It is a very sad journey for the sky blues. Having just got themselves out of the mire of 2 relegations and pushing for promotion bad management and back handers have cost them dearly. Losing Robins was a big blow but Pressley has come in and got them back on track. All that hard work for nothing. Hope you bounce back next season. Bring back Jimmy 'the chin' Hill.

colin says March 28, 2013 5:00pm

Behind closed doors, Coventry City will be glad that the 10 points have been deducted this season and not next season. They will have a cleans slate (points wise) in the 2013-14 season and that will give them a great chance of fighting for promotion (unlikely this season in any case). A form of 'sandbagging' in reverse.

as Colin says.. lets get these next few weeks out of the way.. and surely we must have a great chance next season now..a chink of light

ccfcway

classic, fighting for promotion next season !

Next season will could well still be in admin, have an embargo and no further forwrad than we are today..

You only need to look at pompy to see how these things can get complicated and drag out.

theferret

This from a Crewe fan:

It's disgraceful
Only 10 points? Coventry had little chance of making the play-offs and with the deduction even then not likely to go down

So they start next season with a lot of debt cleared and no real penalty. It should be at least one league demotion or more points ffs.

ccfcway

this from a Cov Fan

Im sick of the whole thing, this will drag on and on and until it comes to a conclusion we are treading water.

luwalla

hahahaha.. im not sure which cheered me up more, the optimistic one from colin.. or the bitter & twisted one from the crewe fan!!

luwalla

actually scrap that.. the bitter & twisted one from the Crewe fan definitely cheered me up more...

Otis

That is definitely bitter and twisted.

We were still in with a chance of the play-offs, albeit a slim one. this deduction has killed that and we will probably lose players as a result of this too.

Why not just stick us in the Midland Alliance and start us on minus 60 points.

Would that suffice?

Colin1883

This from a Crewe fan:

It's disgraceful
Only 10 points? Coventry had little chance of making the play-offs and with the deduction even then not likely to go down

So they start next season with a lot of debt cleared and no real penalty. It should be at least one league demotion or more points ffs.

Our owners effectively played by the rules (ha ha... That's an injoke which you won't understand) any way we didn't decide on the penalty, the football league did , so if you have a complaint, take it to them

ampthill_sba

This from a Crewe fan:

It's disgraceful

Debt cleared???? The whole £1.3m that's in CCFC ltd maybe, perhaps a better rental agreement or maybe a new ground share...but what about the rest of the £60m?

As far as we know the administrator can't touch the assets etc of ccfc holdings as they're not in admin.

Disorganised1

Typical Crewe twat - I work with some of them - never met such a miserable anti-social bunch in all my life.

Brighton Sky Blue

The assumption seems to be that the club is totally skint and that is why it's gone into administration. What other fans (and perhaps some of our own) don't realise is that CCFC Ltd is owned by CCFCH which is itself owned by SBS+L, and that admin was declared to stick two fingers up to ACL. The media's reporting of this really has left a lot to be desired as it's conveyed totally the wrong impression.

Users who are viewing this thread