Skyblues Trust email received this afternoon (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

@14:11

CCFC Chief Executive Tim Fisher has told the Trust that the club is working on plans to play home matches at a venue outside Coventry. He has asked the Trust to assist in this planning process. The Trust Board strongly believes that CCFC must play its home games in Coventry and calls upon all parties to get together and negotiate a deal to play at our home, the Ricoh Arena, next season.
Therefore the Trust Board’s stance is to refuse to co-operate with CCFC on any plans for moving the club’s home games from Coventry – do you support the Boards stance in this?

Yes / No

Last edited:

Noggin

yes, our crowds will fall to pitiful levels if we play outside Coventry. Well below 5k I would think after the early novelty has worn off. quite possibly down to a couple of thousand for midweek winter games. Once people get out of the habit of going for a season you will find it really difficult to get them back. It's starting to feel more and more that the club is going down in flames.

Noggin

Has the trust asked Tim Fisher how he can possibly think this is a better option than paying 400k a year at the Ricoh?

Flying Fokker

Tim Fisher lacks intelligence. Clearly not thought about the economics of losing 5k+ fans.

Nonleagueherewecome

Talking of which, I joined three weeks ago, spent my pound, gave my email address...then nothing. I assumed that I'd get an email confirming that I was a member? Or have I been suckered by a dodgy chancer with a bucket? He could have been Joy Seppala for all I know..

NorthernWisdom

Talking of which, I joined three weeks ago, spent my pound, gave my email address...then nothing. I assumed that I'd get an email confirming that I was a member? Or have I been suckered by a dodgy chancer with a bucket? He could have been Joy Seppala for all I know..

There's a message on their site saying they've been overwhelmed, so aren't able to send out mails welcoming new members just atm

Nonleagueherewecome

CCFC Chief Executive Tim Fisher has told the Trust that the club is working on plans to play home matches at a venue outside Coventry. He has asked the Trust to assist in this planning process. The Trust Board strongly believes that CCFC must play its home games in Coventry and calls upon all parties to get together and negotiate a deal to play at our home, the Ricoh Arena, next season.
Therefore the Trust Board’s stance is to refuse to co-operate with CCFC on any plans for moving the club’s home games from Coventry – do you support the Boards stance in this?

Yes / No

Oh and yes I do, whether I'm really a member or not!

Nonleagueherewecome

There's a message on their site saying they've been overwhelmed, so aren't able to send out mails welcoming new members just atm

Cheers for the pointer.

TheHellion

The club must remain in Coventry. So it's an absolute yes really.

The Reverend Skyblue

I got nothing either, but I thinks its the same for all people who have joined. They know your there NLHWC

Yes. We are Coventry so sort it out SISU. If you cannot play ball and reach an agreament then leave. Council need to also play ball though and if contracts around revenue and beverage cannot be sorted then the ground lease needs to reflect this in the charge to the club. Open book policy is the only way here.

This will break the club big time off we end up playing out of the City.

ajsccfc

It's the right stance to take. The Trust should work with the club on matters but certainly none that fuck people over.

The Reverend Skyblue

Yes / No

More desperate games from a regime on its last legs. They will continue the mind games to the very last, are they that desperate that they think this is a good option and will save the club money. How utterly stupid do they think the fans are.

If Fisher and SISU thinks this is a good option and will save the club money let them produce the figures to show us, Show us the FULL breakdown of the costs involved and your projected cashflows to manage the expense of moving and providing the so called future you see us having. Simple really, do this and let the fans decide, or have they done as much homework on this project as the project they did when they took us over, it looks about the same to me

The most incompetent, reckless charlatans ever to grace football, though Venkys are pushing them hard for that title.

SISU you are making yourselves look incredibly stupid, how on earth do you get people to trust you with their hard earned money in your other lines of business !! utter and complete incompetent fools is how I would describe you, and you even try to look worse than this by your everyday actions of late

SISU I wouldn't trust you as far as I could kick you, though I would be willing to give it a go

Last edited:

CovFan

This smacks of "We tried to involve the Trust in club matters but when we consulted them they were no help..."

cloughie

sisu/ fisher couldn't give a flyng f**k about CCFC or what you or I think.

Fisher is probably watching for the reaction and chuckling to himself, smug a hole

RoboCCFC90

No

(Ten characters)

japandy

I would support this action IF there is one point SISU accept. They must have a long term plan. It's no good saying we do this for a few seasons and then go back. SISU must start building a stadium in, for example, Ryton on the old car plant. It's near the training ground and near to the City.

shy_tall_knight

Yes

Even if it was a fan's buyout and not SISU who were moving us, I would personally struggle to get to the likes of Brum especially for those midweek games usually 5 in the league season and a few midweek night games in the cups. Football is about the atmosphere, 3,000 home fans at Colchester can create a good atmosphere, 3,000 Cov fans in a big ground such as blues would be dreadful and lead to further poor crowds. There would be an initial novelty on the warmer summer nights / days but this would wear off by October. Moving the club out of Cov could have long-term implications. Butts Park I would go to if I could get a ticket, Nuneaton possibly but anywhere else no.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
would suggest that if you have received an email you reply by email saying yes or no to make sure the Trust has a clear mandate to reply to the club

duffer

(My reply to the trust, YES/NO email was this, fwiw).

Politely, can I suggest that we should be a little more subtle than that.

If Mr Fisher would like the Trust's help in temporarily moving out of the City, then I think he needs to be completely open about his plans for returning to it. We need to know the answers to these three questions:

Can he explain where the funds would come from for a new stadium, and where it might be built?

If it is within the bounds of Coventry City, where will it be and is he confident that he will be able to obtain planning permission?

If it isn't where will it be, and can he confirm that he has obtained the Football League's permission to build it elsewhere?

The Football League will ask the same questions, so this isn't an unreasonable request.

If Mr Fisher is serious about moving, then he'll already have the answer to these questions, and the Trust can put an detailed proposal to the vote.

If he isn't, then the Trust will have provided a invaluable service to the fans, by proving that the whole idea is implausible. At the same time Mr Fisher will not be able to paint the Trust in a bad light, by saying that we are simply pro-ACL/anti-SISU.

Appreciate you're going to have to sift through a few thousand answers - but I hope you have time to consider this approach.

honestken

is this from the meeting where Tim Fisher also told them that we should be erecting a statue of Joy Seppala next to Jimmy Hill outside the ricoh due to all the great work she has done for this football club?!?

be good to chuck stones at i suppose......

NorthernWisdom

(My reply to the trust, YES/NO email was this, fwiw).

Politely, can I suggest that we should be a little more subtle than that.

If Mr Fisher would like the Trust's help in temporarily moving out of the City, then I think he needs to be completely open about his plans for returning to it. We need to know the answers to these three questions:

Can he explain where the funds would come from for a new stadium, and where it might be built?

If it is within the bounds of Coventry City, where will it be and is he confident that he will be able to obtain planning permission?

If it isn't where will it be, and can he confirm that he has obtained the Football League's permission to build it elsewhere?

The Football League will ask the same questions, so this isn't an unreasonable request.

If Mr Fisher is serious about moving, then he'll already have the answer to these questions, and the Trust can put an detailed proposal to the vote.

If he isn't, then the Trust will have provided a invaluable service to the fans, by proving that the whole idea is implausible. At the same time Mr Fisher will not be able to paint the Trust in a bad light, by saying that we are simply pro-ACL/anti-SISU.

Appreciate you're going to have to sift through a few thousand answers - but I hope you have time to consider this approach.

Good point, well made!

torchomatic

I didn't get my email either.

My answer is obviously YES though.

edgy

No email either and I’ve been a member for years. But Iwould want the Trust to ask Mr Fisher whether this is a long or short termplan. Short term would be bearable for the benefit of the club. Long term wouldnot be acceptable.

davebart

He hasn't said he wants to build a new stadium. He says he wants to move to a stadium outside Coventry. My guess an existing stadium - presumably in irthlingborough.

fans cannot possibly take a view unless they have an idea how far out of Coventry he is talking about nor how easy it will be to get to.

Brighton Sky Blue

This is beyond a joke now-just what on Earth is keeping SISU here when that is being seriously floated as an idea? Somebody, anybody, get these guys out and restore our sanity.

Brighton Sky Blue

He hasn't said he wants to build a new stadium. He says he wants to move to a stadium outside Coventry. My guess an existing stadium - presumably in irthlingborough.

fans cannot possibly take a view unless they have an idea how far out of Coventry he is talking about nor how easy it will be to get to.

Suspect it would be St Andrews based on geography and ground size.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I think this a wonderfull idea after all "the club is the most important thing" isn't it Tim ?

Why oh why are you doing your best to DESTROY this club Tim?

You have shown total disregard for the fans and the people of Coventry and are now seriously asking the Trust to help you put the final nail in the coffin.

You have no integrity and no morals the unacceptable face of capitalism greed is your god.

SBT im glad you said no to these I nearly put people. I'll put it in a slightly different way

JOY TIM AND THE REST OF YOU SISU THINGS FUCK RIGHT OFF CUNTS

I think my answer is yes

Users who are viewing this thread