Slade's Budget ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

We have been told the budget is £2/£2.5 million and I assume a lot of that has been used so what do think is left ? Permenant signings were Turnbull, Reid Sordell and the lame duck Thomas can't think of anyone else then we have Sterry, Page, McCann Wright, Agyei and McBean on loan, have I missed anyone ? Surely that pitiful lot hasn't taken more than 50% of the budget if it has Venus should be sacked. So how much damage can Slade do with the remaining budget and will Venus really leave him to do whatever he likes within budget

Last edited:

Astute

He should be able to send all the loan players back at the end of the year and bring his own in.

2m doesn't go far. 2k a week is said to be lower average. That is over 100k a year. That is then over half used just for the players on the pitch. Add the subs and you have used 3/4 of it.

westofrayne

He has plenty of potential but no real end product, he is very left footed and does not use his right foot, with encouragement he could be a good player but at the moment hes a one trick pony. so once the opposition worked this out his no real use to the team.

he needs a manager/coach to take him to one side and explain this to him and work with him or else his career will be spent in L1 or L2, with the right coaching he could be a good player.

robbiekeane

We have been told the budget is £2/£2.5 million and I assume a lot of that has been used so what do think is left ? Permenant signings were Turnbull, Reid Sordell and the lame duck Thomas can't think of anyone else then we have Sterry, Payne. McCann Wright, Aguri and McBean on loan, have I missed anyone ? Surely that pitiful lot hasn't taken more than 50% of the budget if it has Venus should be sacked. So how much damage can Slade do with the remaining budget and will Venus really leave him to do whatever he likes within budget
You've got to remember that's the total budget for the whole team, including wages of the dross that was already here like Rickets (gone yay) and Tudgay etc.

So say we have 20 first team players all on 2k a week, that's over 2mil a year gone. Plus any fees we spent.

Hopefully sending every loan player back in Jan will free some wage budget

Kiwifirst

He has plenty of potential but no real end product, he is very left footed and does not use his right foot, with encouragement he could be a good player but at the moment hes a one trick pony. so once the opposition worked this out his no real use to the team.

he needs a manager/coach to take him to one side and explain this to him and work with him or else his career will be spent in L1 or L2, with the right coaching he could be a good player.

Right. Thanks for the info.

rupert_bear

Didn't Fisher say last week when he talked about a potential £40/50k fine off the FA for fans invading the pitch was the possible cost of a centre half. So I wonder how many £50ks do we have left ?

kdp888

There is no transfer budget left, only a small budget left for wages. So only loans and free signings available to us. Depressing hey!

rupert_bear

A direct question to Tim Fisher needs to be asked then should anyone be sold in January will any of that money go towards getting players. Over to you Eakin and Foster.

rupert_bear

If what kdp888 says is true re budget then Mark Venus, co-responsible for the dross signings in the summer should be chased out of the club.

Nick

Administrator
Are people really expecting us to be going out and spending loads of money on transfer fees?

kdp888

Are people really expecting us to be going out and spending loads of money on transfer fees?

It looks like people are, not sure where this investment to do so is supposedly coming from. SISU don't want to invest anymore as has been said

Grendel

I would imagine in theory he has around £700,000 to reach the maximum cap which is why talks of budgets are pointless...

rupert_bear

I don't think anyone is looking for us to spend money on transfers, but how much is a "free" transfer ? is it just wages

Nick

Administrator
It looks like people are, not sure where this investment to do so is supposedly coming from. SISU don't want to invest anymore as has been said

They might need to keep an eye out for all of the League 1 clubs on Transfer Deadline day.

kdp888

I don't think anyone is looking for us to spend money on transfers, but how much is a "free" transfer ? is it just wages

Yes, so anyone without a club or someone that another club is willing to let go for nothing, then its down to what wages and bonuses the club and player agree on pretty much

Grendel

He should be able to send all the loan players back at the end of the year and bring his own in.

2m doesn't go far. 2k a week is said to be lower average. That is over 100k a year. That is then over half used just for the players on the pitch. Add the subs and you have used 3/4 of it.

£2k a week is 30% above average in this league.

chiefdave

Given that TM was chasing players we had no hope of getting and had to make do then hopefully there's enough left in the budget for Slade to be able to make the required changes. One of his strengths is working on tight budgets and no matter what the fans think he won't be expecting to be splashing the cash.

Captain Dart

If the budget is too tight then players(s) will be sold won't they? Stevenson, RCC & Jones are the main assets.

tisza

A direct question to Tim Fisher needs to be asked then should anyone be sold in January will any of that money go towards getting players. Over to you Eakin and Foster.
he was asked that in one of those radio interviews and clearly said only a small amount from sales would be available as priority was to balance the books. Much the same as with Maddison sale. Think it might have been an answer to Jim white.
only hope of decent money coming in is if Wilson is sold on with apparently West Ham & Newcastle among those interested.
But as usual sales would probably come so late in window no time to reinvest any money.

AVWskyblue

If what kdp888 says is true re budget then Mark Venus, co-responsible for the dross signings in the summer should be chased out of the club.
Did anyone else know notice the almost angry look on. MVs face during the Slade unveiling on Midlands news yesterday? Slade was giving a good encouragement talk to us down beat fans and looking across after each point to Venus with a nod and smile etc, yet MVs face just looked angry like he was seething lol

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Grendel

If the budget is too tight then players(s) will be sold won't they? Stevenson, RCC & Jones are the main assets.

Well that would make your Christmas at least.

Users who are viewing this thread