Snow on the way ! (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Snow forecast for Thursday night Friday morning and it's going to be heavy .

Is the game on Saturday in danger of being postponed, especially if it freezes on Friday night.

I remember last year, legends day and it snowed the day before , the club said the game was not in danger of being postponed and it was repeated on Saturday morning on CWR that the game is still on.

So you can imagine my surprise and disgust on arriving at the Ricoh to be told the game is off .

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

Is the game on Saturday in danger of being postponed, especially if it freezes on Friday night.

I remember last year, legends day and it snowed the day before , the club said the game was not in danger of being postponed and it was repeated on Saturday morning on CWR that the game is still on.

So you can imagine my surprise and disgust on arriving at the Ricoh to be told the game is off .
It was called off early wasn't it?

ccfcway

pretty sure you've answered your own question.

Live outside cov its always going to be a role of the dice on snow days

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

One of my best mates Cov lad lives in Aus now, had come back for that game and it was called off! (Well he came back for a General visit not just the game! )

steve82

Weather models cannot agree on how far north into the midlands the snow will come or amount currently as each run is done it’s falling further south. So it may be a non event here in Warwickshire by Friday morning.

f0c55fbf2c6809920b02321c26fc66be.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Hope it's not snowed off, have family coming from Southwest for this match.

fernandopartridge

The Trinity Mirror titles like the Telegraph all post the same clickbait bollocks stories about snow on the way. The Manchester Evening News is the same. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Terry Gibson's perm

As we have engaged with the community etc I would expect it not to be safe if the first flake comes down as the safety committee will say unsafe and it will then be rearranged for a school night cunning fuckers those wasps

Sbarcher

This thread is snow joke....

clint van damme

what was the game that got postponed last year and loads of people had a melt down, (no pun intended), was it Luton?

Sbarcher

Remember a game at Highfield Rd. think it might have been Charlton. We and hundreds more were stood outside the gates only to be told it was off. Must have been within an hour of kickoff.

covcity4life

Lincoln. They smashed the shit out of us in the re-arranged one that was at nighttime.
that game helped us get promoted imo. robins had a right go at them and we beat chelthenham 6-1 week after and then got the draw to clinch playoffs

the rest is history

clint van damme

that game helped us get promoted imo. robins had a right go at them and we beat chelthenham 6-1 week after and then got the draw to clinch playoffs

the rest is history

HAHA! It was the end of the world at the time for some people. The over reaction was hilarious.
Conspiracy theories about collusion and all sorts.

steve82

the rest is history

Lincoln were bloody good that night. Olli Palmer was excellent for them pulling the defence all over with Matt Rhead and Matt Green.

Surprised in the summer when Palmer left for Crawley, scoring for fun this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Although I do remember Rhead and his fake head injury to try and kill the game and we went on to score.

It's amazing how much trouble he caused us just by being big and having the ball put onto his head. Should have just taken him out at the knees.

Users who are viewing this thread