3. Didn't want to play?
4. Watching his "new" team?
5. Add your conspiracy here.

torchomatic

Eh, Johnnie?

Grendel

No Bell? Must be leaving.

percy

absolutely no reason whatsoever for him to be at the game. thorn was clearly going to be looking at the two new lads today. no need to panic, even more so if ATs comment in the paper was anything to go by. he says that malaga and keogh played excellent together in a training match.

Nonleagueherewecome

Just like in previous years in pre-season when there were no Fox, Westwood and Turner just before they left?

percy

yeah and im sure the same situation has occured with millions of players at millions of clubs all over the land and the players have stayed

skyblueinBaku

I find it disturbing that Keogh was absent. If he and Malaga played so well together in training, surely it would make sense to keep them together so that they could develop a better understanding of each others' play.

percy

agree slightly but that will happen in scotland, besides the trialist will have had this one chance to impress.

wingy

Clive said in relation to this ,"Fans can make of this what they will",Bet he asked:thinking about:

S

SkyBlue Baker96

we were against hinckley town... i don't see why everyone is getting worried we weren't playing our strongest first team? we won 8-0 with mostly acadamey and the new lads, none of them are injured, just giving the other lads a chance to get some game time because when it comes to league action or tougher opposition these lads won't have a chance so better to play them against non league opposition now

6 Generations

Cody was injured, Jennings was injured, Keogh was not injured. Elliot went off injured. Malaga was immense as was Fleck. Kilbane is bigger and stronger than i thought but class. Good to see ROD score. He shouldve had a hat-trick. Hussey and Sheff very impressive down the left. Jeffers looks bigger to me and took his goal well. Daniels and Henderson were quite imposing in the 1st half. Will Roberts was excellent and scored 2. was unlucky not to get 3. Baker and Clarke did well down the right.

Yes i know it was Hinckley, but i've seen us draw 0-0 with them before.

This was not just a win for Coventry, but 'a ritual slaying'.

We were good today.

The future looks very bright.

Bring on the new season.

PUSB

ajsccfc

I assume that he was left out ahead of an imminent exit, particularly with one centre-back coming in and another on trial.

Anything other than his expected exit will be a welcome bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Nonleagueherewecome

Cody was injured, Jennings was injured, Keogh was not injured. Elliot went off injured. Malaga was immense as was Fleck. Kilbane is bigger and stronger than i thought but class. Good to see ROD score. He shouldve had a hat-trick. Hussey and Sheff very impressive down the left. Jeffers looks bigger to me and took his goal well. Daniels and Henderson were quite imposing in the 1st half. Will Roberts was excellent and scored 2. was unlucky not to get 3. Baker and Clarke did well down the right.

Yes i know it was Hinckley, but i've seen us draw 0-0 with them before.

This was not just a win for Coventry, but 'a ritual slaying'.

We were good today.

The future looks very bright.

Bring on the new season.

PUSB

What was the formation?

Spagbol

definitely a 4, 2 ,3 ,1 which worked well with the increase of movement off the ball, fair to say their defenders were at times totally bewildered, felt for their No 2 who had a decent game but was run ragged by Hussey & Sheff.

Hinkleys No 9 gave the 2 french lads a good rough welcome to the english game, the trialist always seemed to find a good out ball to be fair and offered good distribution compared to McPake.

Despite the 8 goals I was dissapointed with ROD who struggled to hit the target & Elliot. I know its early doors, but we appear strong at the back and in midfield but lack up front, It would have been easily double figures with a better finisher in the team.

Enjoyed the game...Fleck reminds me of Mickey Gynn, slow start but showed some lovely touches, Kilbane and Connor were class, Jeffers looked a lot stronger and we seem to have a lot of good kids coming through. Richard Shaw & Lee Carsely were running the warmup's etc and the team appeared very disciplined compared to before...GOOD START :claping hands:

PUSB.....Oh good turn out from the SBA....GATE WAS 1850...I would say the 50 were Hinkley fans:D

Users who are viewing this thread