So No Takeover Then? (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

....listening to Eakin he says that only 10% of the rumours are true regarding the takeover after talking to Hoffman or a contact close to Hoffman.

What the hecks going on?

Nonleagueherewecome

Nothing is happening. We certainly wouldn't be likely to sign anyone, even on loan, if it was. Missed CWR tonight though, I'll catchup on iplayer shortly. But should I bother?!?

neilyboy67

a big fat nothing thats going on who the hell knows what up front cash sisu want to piss off into the sunset? we just dont know im really worried nothings gonna happen

CCFC123

well the club will go under in May when the funding runs out and SISU lose the £0.50p they have invested.

CJparker

nothing is happening, just stop banging on about it.

PhilWasn'tBabb

Only 10% of the rumours are correct...in which case we should just listen to 1 in 10 of Keys tweets, seeing as he is the only person saying anything on the subject

Last edited:

wingy

It was a shit show tonight ,he never mentioned 10% just the BBc are intouch with hoffman and currently there is no bid on the table,you need to give it a couple of weeks .he never said that ,thats jmo

Nonleagueherewecome

It was a shit show tonight ,he never mentioned 10% just the BBc are intouch with hoffman and currently there is no bid on the table,you need to give it a couple of weeks .he never said that ,thats jmo

I'll give it a listen anyway, nowt on telly :)

EleanorRigby

In fairness there is nothing to say is there. Our aspirations were raised a couple of weeks ago especially after the Chris Cattlin interview after the Brighton match. We just have to sit tight, fingers crossed and hope any interested parties stay interested.

skybluereeve

Eleanor, I must admit I use to like the 'keys tweets' have to say I am a bit pissed off with him now for saying anything. but at the time i did like them :). how many we hoping for today???

In fairness there is nothing to say is there. Our aspirations were raised a couple of weeks ago especially after the Chris Cattlin interview after the Brighton match. We just have to sit tight, fingers crossed and hope any interested parties stay interested.

Our aspirations were raised by Keys constantly tweeting, which you will recollect was the source of considerable irritation amongst a number of us - and this is precisely why. If there is nothing to be said then say nothing.

EleanorRigby

It's these tweets from Richard Keys and i haven't read one yet, that are probably raising our hopes and then pissing people off when nothing happens. I look at it positively if nothing was in the wings he wouldn't do it would he, so why he continue ? Well atleast it keeps the kettle boiling and maintains a bit of hope and i live in hope, that's all we have. Those hating Keys for these tweets might look a bit silly one day I hope.

skybluereeve

It's these tweets from Richard Keys and i haven't read one yet, that are probably raising our hopes and then pissing people off when nothing happens. I look at it positively if nothing was in the wings he wouldn't do it would he, so why he continue ? Well atleast it keeps the kettle boiling and maintains a bit of hope and i live in hope, that's all we have. Those hating Keys for these tweets might look a bit silly one day I hope.

I have no problem with keys Eleanor, infact I think hes doing a great job. I am sure he knows something, it just at 33 years of age I am a child and can't wait for anything:) I like all the snippets but I cry when something negative is said. Keep the faith

torchomatic

People are having a go at Keys for running in mouth off on Twitter. Yet, there are those on here who do the same. There are two kinds on here, the apparent "trusted" sources and those labelled as WUMs. To be honest, I can't see the difference between either as I've lost count of the posts where we're going to hear something "very soon" or "things are moving as you will find out", etc, etc. But, at the end of the day Keys is a City fan and if he knows something then he is obviously excited and can't wait to spread the news!

As for Hoffman. Has he bid? Is he serious? Has he the backing? Will the Club be better off with him? I think we need to be careful what we wish for. Things are so shit under SISU that we seem to be wishing that someone, anyone, will come and rescue us. But if they do, what can they do with this club? The whole show was started by Richardson over ten years ago and we still haven't recovered.

I don't want to hear anything about a takeover until I read somewhere that it's done.

Kuklinski

Let's hope silence is golden.

Look at it that no news is good news. If the takeover had collapsed, surely Keys would be venting his spleen? But nothing being said is hopefully a sign something is going on, and maybe the 1st we hear about it is when the deal is done.

Stevec189

If a period of Due Dilgience is underway then you will not hear anything. This can take a few weeks and may result in any bid being withdrawn. I have no information but have worked for companies that have bought others and that have been bought by others and this is always the case. Sit tight and don't panic would be my advice - you can't influence anything if a bid has been made. PUSB

anybody who is seriously having a go at keys are clueless morons, he is as bigger cov fan as anyone and obviously will know what is going on, some so called city fans having snipes at him make my blood boil, i suppose they know better do they, idiots

PhilWasn'tBabb

Correct me if I'm wrong but I through it was a matter of public record that there was no bid currently on the table.

I due diligence only done after a bid is accepted ?

Godiva

BackRoomRummermill

If a period of Due Dilgience is underway then you will not hear anything. This can take a few weeks and may result in any bid being withdrawn. I have no information but have worked for companies that have bought others and that have been bought by others and this is always the case. Sit tight and don't panic would be my advice - you can't influence anything if a bid has been made. PUSB

You said that magic word........... IF . It has no bearing anyway as the so called period of due diligence has nothing to do with a bid. This process of due diligence as you say which has been sound byted to hell is actually a verification phase for all parties and 3rd Parties after any initail bid is accepted and run by companies house and the HMRC.

IF there is anything happening it will be going on well behind closed doors so anyone who comes on here and states they are in th e know are either

1 Bullshiting
2. Stupid as they could blow any proposal and deal

CCFC123

Errrr.... Eakin did say that only 10% of the rumours were correct. Have another listen on iplayer.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
You said that magic word........... IF . It has no bearing anyway as the so called period of due diligence has nothing to do with a bid. This process of due diligence as you say which has been sound byted to hell is actually a verification phase for all parties and 3rd Parties after any initail bid is accepted and run by companies house and the HMRC.

IF there is anything happening it will be going on well behind closed doors so anyone who comes on here and states they are in th e know are either

1 Bullshiting
2. Stupid as they could blow any proposal and deal

Due diligence will not start until at least a heads of agreement is agreed between SISU and the bidder (maybe GH). It is a step in the process to the agreement of a deal between the two parties. It will be conducted by accountants appointed by the bidder and will have responsibility to report back to the bidder only. After that the bidder will proceed with the process, revise the bid or withdraw.

It has nothing at all to do with Companies House or HMRC (although the reporting accountants might seek information from both) and certainly has no responsibility to any 3rd Party that is not involved in the bid. Nor is it a verification of any matters to SISU/the owners although they might be questioned during it or asked to clarify any findings.

As for people in the "know".......................Most folk report what they have been told - strangely thats what forums are, an exchange of opinion or chit chat. Most are just trying to feel useful and have no other motive for reporting what they have been told. If chit chat here could ruin a proposed deal you have really got to question if there was any validity or reality in the proposal in the first place! Just take the postings as what they are - generally well intentioned exchanges of opinion or hearsay that may or may not be true - ie no big deal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread