So where would we be better off (1 Viewer)

James Smith

It's got to the point now where it probably won't make a significant difference to their losses.
Yeah but at some point (assuming they don't have a billion or more going spare*) they won't have the money left to finance any more losses/rack up debt. Unless you're addicted even the worst gamblers know that they have to cut their losses at some point when they can't afford it anymore.

*and if they did have that money why didn't they just buy ACL to begin with?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Consider this, because I've come to another conclusion to you:

All the people who chant 'We Want SISU Out!' At the games (which is only really Singer's Corner) all didn't go to games because they followed the campaign, and the attendance was left with apathetic fans (like myself), people who just go to watch football, and people who disapprove of SISU but don't sing about it, wouldn't it reinforce SISU's (wrong) views that the 'majority' of fans don't want them out?

If the RICOH had a hostile atmosphere towards SISU, that is a more effective protest than essentially not doing anything.

It's the opposition to the Coalition walking out of the Commons leaving only the Coalition to discuss policy, pass legislation etc.

You'll eventually find our which supporter fits into which camp at the first home game if SISU get their own way.

Every single attendee will be used as a point of proof in Timmy's propaganda machine. I hope every one that stays away eventually returns when this pantomime ceases

Mucca Mad Boys

You'll eventually find our which supporter fits into which camp at the first home game if SISU get their own way.

Every single attendee will be used as a point of proof in Timmy's propaganda machine. I hope every one that stays away eventually returns when this pantomime ceases

That's my fear, it's also why I'm sceptical of these protesters, I don't think many will return and are using SISU as an excuse not to go.

How can Fisher use it for 'propaganda' if the majority there are chanting 'We Want SISU Out!', answer is, he can't. Therefore, I conclude, it is better to turn up and protest than to not turn up, but by not turning up, ironically, you're doing nothing - because some people have said its better to do something about it, I'm sorry, but by not turning up, you're doing nothing.

Think about it, Fisher could use 6k fans who do not utter an anti-SISU chant as propaganda more effectively than if we had 20k where the RICOH is bleating 'We Want SISU Out!' - common sense to me.

oakey

Why would Coventry City fans, many of whom have followed the club for decades, witnessing thin and thinner, NEED AN EXCUSE to stop supporting the club they have shown such loyalty to?
Most will do so with a heavy heart and you have little understanding of the nature of long term support if you fail to recognise this.

Bluegloucester

Why would Coventry City fans, many of whom have followed the club for decades, witnessing thin and thinner, NEED AN EXCUSE to stop supporting the club they have shown such loyalty to?
Most will do so with a heavy heart and you have little understanding of the nature of long term support if you fail to recognise this.

He has little understanding, period.

wingy

I put it down to age and a little naivety. The fact that so many vowing not to go are silver haired or hairless demonstrates opinions formed over the long term and not so fickle as to abandon their principled stance due to a cup run ,a special offer or a call to arms played through emotions and habit.

When 3,000 sit wherever it is going to be either this season or next ,with a budget of £2M. or up to£1M. in the safe knowledge SISU have gauranteed to fund this gargantuan assault

the ground will no doubt be ringing to the sound of the contented endorsement of such fine football management,or will they.:confused:

georgehudson

i get the impression, on this forum,
& more importantly talking with City fans,
that there is an ever decreasing number of posters who, still follow the owners,
probably well below 0.5% now,
still, with the TF forums imminent, i'm sure he'll be able to tell it like it is,
if that's ok with JS, that is,
WE WANT OUR CLUB BACK

Nonleagueherewecome

Consider this, because I've come to another conclusion to you:

All the people who chant 'We Want SISU Out!' At the games (which is only really Singer's Corner) all didn't go to games because they followed the campaign, and the attendance was left with apathetic fans (like myself), people who just go to watch football, and people who disapprove of SISU but don't sing about it, wouldn't it reinforce SISU's (wrong) views that the 'majority' of fans don't want them out?

If the RICOH had a hostile atmosphere towards SISU, that is a more effective protest than essentially not doing anything.

It's the opposition to the Coalition walking out of the Commons leaving only the Coalition to discuss policy, pass legislation etc.

Rubbish. The protests didn't work as people were still paying their money. Do you honestly think that SISU are going to say "oh no, we're making people unhappy! We don't want to be the bad guys here...everything we've done is out of kind-hearted Christian goodness, we can't have this!"?

No: what they'd say is "release the Goons, the oiks are revolting again".

What's going to actually have an impact on them-some fans protesting, or only 3,000 fans turning up, thereby making their position untenable?

We are customers; if a customer repeatedly receives terrible service and is continually lied to, he will not carry on with his regular custom.

We said that we wouldn't renew our ST's if SISU remained partly because we no longer wanted to legitimise such a negligent regime and partly as we were simply not enjoying going any more. New owners would mean us coming back; ambitious new owners would see literally thousands coming back.

Oh btw from the other thread-Deegan didn't go on a free and Keogh cost under 100k ;)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That's my fear, it's also why I'm sceptical of these protesters, I don't think many will return and are using SISU as an excuse not to go

Are you insane? Or just on the wind up? People don't want an excuse not to go. They want a reasonable level of football, played in our own city, with honest and transparent owners with the best interests of the club at heart.

Many fans have been going for generations, and it's all about cheering on your local team, getting out if the house, meeting your friends or family and enjoying a game.

People want a reason not to go, and SISU are the unwitting conduit to enable them to do so? That's the most crass and ill considered point I've ever seen you offer in here, and there's been some competition.

The Taylor Tombola is throwing out some errant fare at the moment....

dongonzalos

MMM I assume it is a very poor attempt at playing devils advocate.
Or a horrendous case of I can't accept I have been wrong with my stance all along......

Mucca Mad Boys

Are you insane? Or just on the wind up? People don't want an excuse not to go. They want a reasonable level of football, played in our own city, with honest and transparent owners with the best interests of the club at heart.

Many fans have been going for generations, and it's all about cheering on your local team, getting out if the house, meeting your friends or family and enjoying a game.

People want a reason not to go, and SISU are the unwitting conduit to enable them to do so? That's the most crass and ill considered point I've ever seen you offer in here, and there's been some competition.

The Taylor Tombola is throwing out some errant fare at the moment....

On that basis then, I expect attendances to return to pre-SISU levels (around 20k) when SISU do go? I'm sorry, but I can't see average attendances surpassing 12k next season in the RICOH without SISU, so where are the rest of the boycotters? On here, of all the people that have said why they no longer go, it's because of SISU, not because they can't be bothered, I'm sorry, but if that was the case, I can safely assume attendances will sky-rocket when SISU go, am I safe in assuming that?

I don't see how boycotting will force SISU's hand, they've been losing so much money p/w since Ranson's '22k to break even' (even before that). People don't refuse to go purely because of the owners, they go because they can't be bothered or are fed up of the football served (not necessarily linked to SISU)

The fact is, we managed to get 32k (we probably would've sold 35k if it were available) against Crewe in the JPT Area Final, now, I think of the extra 22k a lot of so-called boycotters would've been in the 22k (don't mix it up, I'm not saying 22k boycott, I'm saying most of the boycotters would've been IN that 22k) and given the situation, in particularly, the rent negotiations got called off or it looked like an agreement wouldn't be struck, so we were pretty low, it is safe to assume, that this boycott isn't all about SISU - with this latest boycott, I'd bet a lot that if we got a top 4 prem team in a cup, we'd get another full house, even if we're playing in Walsall - some people might be protesting on 'principles and morals', but it'd be amazing how quickly many people can drop these same morals and principles in the event we get into a SF or a top 4 team. I won't buy the rhetoric.

To make it clear, there are people out there who no longer want to go and can conviently say 'it's because of SISU', that's not to say all of the boycotters think that. I've seen it first hand.

Are you boycotting MMM?

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't know about you, but I know many long term supporters (one half of my family is CCFC mad yet of that half, I can't name any of them who go anymore) who have just given up supporting the club - hence 50% cut in attendance - there are many reason for this significant decline in support, most will pinpoint SISU as a reason for non-attendance, ok, fair enough (although I personally don't see the point in staying away to prove your point), so if that's someone's reason for not going, it's logical to assume they'll return when SISU do go, but lets face it, not every stay-away fan will return when SISU go, so to me, it's clear there's another, probably more dominant, dimension to why they're staying-away.

Mucca Mad Boys

When Sisu go it will take a successful team to attain gates of 16k plus. There are many factors affecting this.

So when I said people use use SISU as an excuse (although I should rephrase to 'justification') not to gone ause they either can't be bothered or are fed up with the football side of things, am I wrong or right? To say I have little understanding would then be wrong would it to?

Not one person on this forum who said they don't go to games have blamed SISU for non-attendance. I'm a massive sceptic of people who say they no longer because of SISU, because for the majority of them, I just don't think they'll carry on going to games like they did before SISU. If I'm brutally honest, how are SISU worlds apart from their predecessors, I remember being told throughout my childhood that 'CCFC are skint', once, I got told 'we couldn't afford a cup of tea' (obviously a joke). And if I'm brutally honest, I don't really have too big an understanding on the pre-SISU era because I was too young to understand anything about the finances etc.

Colin1883

When Sisu go it will take a successful team to attain gates of 16k plus. There are many factors affecting this.

This is correct, we have an ageing fan base and have already lost the next generation to bigger clubs, it will take a sustained period of 'success' to build up the support again

jimmyhillsfanclub

This is correct, we have an ageing fan base and have already lost the next generation to bigger clubs, it will take a sustained period of 'success' to build up the support again

Don't believe that for one second....Have not lost the fan base....

...just look at the clamour by the bandwagoners & jonny-cum-latelys for tickets for the Crewe JPT game....

Colin1883

Don't believe that for one second....Have not lost the fan base....

...just look at the clamour by the bandwagoners & jonny-cum-latelys for tickets for the Crewe JPT game....

How often do you see kids wearing a city top?

Were they all city fans at jtp semi? I know people who went who support Manu Chelsea etc I even know about 50 Polish lads who went on the of chance they would get to Wembley

jimmyhill

To make myself absolutely crystal clear, I gave up my two season tickets last year because of the actions of SISU. If they leave I will again have two season tickets. It has hurt me to stay away, my cousin used to captain the side and I have supported and travelled to see my team from Cambridge and Hampshire.. but enough is enough. Sisu have one major difference when compared with other previous (bad) owners in that they do not even pretend to be interested in football. I would have gone back at Christmas if they had managed to keep DMG, but no commitment from them, so no money from me.
For me this is all about Sisu not about CCFC.

Mucca Mad Boys

To make myself absolutely crystal clear, I gave up my two season tickets last year because of the actions of SISU. If they leave I will again have two season tickets. It has hurt me to stay away, my cousin used to captain the side and I have supported and travelled to see my team from Cambridge and Hampshire.. but enough is enough. Sisu have one major difference when compared with other previous (bad) owners in that they do not even pretend to be interested in football. I would have gone back at Christmas if they had managed to keep DMG, but no commitment from them, so no money from me.

Will you actually return though? I'd like to think so, but I'm sceptical.

RogerH

There comes a stage where it is just blind ego that runs things. Anyone with half a brain can surely see that it hasn't worked for SISU running a football club, they are the wrong people. We all have times when we have to hold our hands up, accept something isn't working and move on. SISU are running on ego and their stubbornness and refusal to admit the above is causing untold damage to the club. I wish Tim Fisher would take a step back, and have a good hard look at why he is accepting his thirty pieces of silver to spout the rubbish he does. Of course, all the parties concerned would probably have done different things if they had their time over, but I have no doubt that the problems of the last 5 years have been SISU driven.

All I want is people owning or charged with running the Club who have the Club's best interests at heart, and are prepared to work hard doing the right thing for the benefit of the football club. You can't ask for more than that.

Noggin

So when I said people use use SISU as an excuse (although I should rephrase to 'justification') not to gone ause they either can't be bothered or are fed up with the football side of things, am I wrong or right? To say I have little understanding would then be wrong would it to?

Not one person on this forum who said they don't go to games have blamed SISU for non-attendance. I'm a massive sceptic of people who say they no longer because of SISU, because for the majority of them, I just don't think they'll carry on going to games like they did before SISU. If I'm brutally honest, how are SISU worlds apart from their predecessors, I remember being told throughout my childhood that 'CCFC are skint', once, I got told 'we couldn't afford a cup of tea' (obviously a joke). And if I'm brutally honest, I don't really have too big an understanding on the pre-SISU era because I was too young to understand anything about the finances etc.

Once you lose people you have to win them back, simply removing the thing that caused them to stop going will win some back but others will need greater incentives. people will have found different things to do on a saturday, some people won't know the players anymore (and the ammount of turn over we are having makes this worse) people will remember the terrible atmosphere with an empty ground and they will have to do something to improve the atmosphere.

People go to the game when other people to to the game, the price and chance of a wembley ticket may have been big reasons for quick early sales of the jpt game but I think mostly it was excitement about the massive crowd, that increased ticket sales, which made people more excited which increased ticket sales and on and on that circle went untill it was a sell out.

Next season could be tough whatever unless we are taken over very quickly and good investment comes in quickly.

SISU have made people fed up and deluded with football. Them leaving is the vital first step to getting back to big crowds but no it won't happen right away (in fact its possible crowds will be lower next season that this even with new owners due to such late season ticket sales etc) that does not mean that people who have stoped because of sisu are making an excuse, sisu have killed their love, getting it back for some people could require quite alot.

stupot07

You would have gone if they'd have kept DMC? We couldnt afford him and he wanted to play championship and we replaced him with the 2nd top scorer.

McLovin87

I have been doing a straw poll of lads at work and my own mates, lots who take their kids up and out of about 30 not one will be going next season if the games are played away from Cov and SISU are still in charge. This covers lads on the shoplfloor through to managers and the age range is about 25 to 65, I know this is not a scientific poll but it tells me that they would be lucky to get 1000 people at Walsall.

This "not a penny more" protest is starting to gather some momentum and most of the people I spoke to would not be buying season tickets or merchandising. SISU are purely money men and and cutting the revenue streams is the only way you can hurt them, a few sheets with SISU OUT will not do the trick.

Fisher and his other goons believe we are like lemmings who will blindly follow the club no matter what and keep putting our hands in our pockets but now is the time to stand together and we can get rid of them.

Other supporters may not understand why we would boycott our own team but this is an unusual situation where we will only get rid of these idiots with this course of action, green and yellow scarves will not work in this instance!

Users who are viewing this thread