So where would we be better off (2 Viewers)

Grendel

No idea I'm afraid, don't know enough about it to be able to comment not sure if the details were ever made public.

Doesn't normally stop you. Why not drag out another quote from PWKH as he seems your source for various things.

James Smith

Doesn't normally stop you. Why not drag out another quote from PWKH as he seems your source for various things.
Because I did a search and nothing came up about it other than what was in the post PWKH made that I referenced in post 166 of this thread (click the link to read the whole post). Either Google is hiding something or there's nothing there from PWKH or anyone else.

Last edited:

SkyBlueHomer

Egbastons venture into the events industry to give it year round income has come at a cost of £32M. minimum.They also have signed a deal with Compass that Delivers a shared Income/Turnover of £10M. per an. whether this proves anything who knows .

I had no idea of figures, just wondering thats all. Could Coventry cope with 2 venue's of this nature. If it was right that that bank was about to forclose on ACL as SISU claimed the answer would be no. If the only income was on a matchday + sponsorship how much better off would we be?

Grendel

Even I'm bored with this thread now and I started it.

wingy

Where is Mr Robinson's very different account?
Most likely the Source of whatever Timmy is rattling on about when he refers to the Board resolution of 19th DEC 2003. The Smoking Barrel !!:facepalm:

Edit ;-Fairly safe to assume as James Smith states a nice little transfer of Liability should he get chased for the £250K.

Would Explain his sudden shift in attitude toward them compared to the Articles in the CT 2011.

Last edited:

brinner

I was going to post this in a thread from a comment by steveb50 but thought I would open it up as I think the theory behind the question is relevant to a lot of people's thought processes.

The question is;

If the football club could um August walk into a 15,000 stadium fully owned less than 4 miles from the city centre would that be better than staying at the Ricoh?

To me its 100% yes.
no.

I would prefer new owners that will buy back 50% of the ricoh then hopefully the other half soon after.

We moved from Highfield road to go to a bigger, better stadium which the ricoh is, not a 15000 tin pot ground which will probably be in the middle of nowhere.

besises, sisus plan is a joke anyway and if we did move away for 3 years then i doubt we would have a football club to move in to a new stadium with...............and if we did then i doubt it would be in the football league.

@richh87

no.

I would prefer new owners that will buy back 50% of the ricoh then hopefully the other half soon after.

We moved from Highfield road to go to a bigger, better stadium which the ricoh is, not a 15000 tin pot ground which will probably be in the middle of nowhere.

besises, sisus plan is a joke anyway and if we did move away for 3 years then i doubt we would have a football club to move in to a new stadium with...............and if we did then i doubt it would be in the football league.

+1

Ten characters

Delboycov

no.

Exactly how I feel Brinner...I'm just amazed that there are still a few even entertaining the idea as I've got no doubt it's a doomsday scenario. Sounds like some would prefer SISU to stay and build their tinpot dream purely just to stick 2 fingers up to ACL and CCC. I think those fans are dangerous as they give these cowboys a mandate to carry on with this suicidal plan...I think this is one issue that surely we've all got to be united on?

dadgad

Exactly how I feel Brinner...I'm just amazed that there are still a few even entertaining the idea as I've got no doubt it's a doomsday scenario. Sounds like some would prefer SISU to stay and build their tinpot dream purely just to stick 2 fingers up to ACL and CCC. I think those fans are dangerous as they give these cowboys a mandate to carry on with this suicidal plan...I think this is one issue that surely we've all got to be united on?

Spot on.
It is certainly odd that the penny still hasn't dropped for a few.
You do suspect that some are more informed by prejudice more than by the evidence.
Most fans want people who have a scooby about how torun a club.
Sisu will never be these people.

Grendel

Spot on.
It is certainly odd that the penny still hasn't dropped for a few.
You do suspect that some are more informed by prejudice more than by the evidence.
Most fans want people who have a scooby about how torun a club.
Sisu will never be these people.

I repeat you are not a fan so your views do not count.

bigfatronssba

Grendel

Who are you to decide who is and isn't a fan?

Did you have a season ticket last season? If so dadgad thinks you are a worm. He also refuses to state when he last attended a game.

He's a troll.

cloughie

Did you have a season ticket last season? If so dadgad thinks you are a worm. He also refuses to state when he last attended a game.

He's a troll.

yet more rubbish, so those that don't go are not fans

So this is your logic

those who live abroad, those who are infirm and house bound, those who live out of the area, those who have finacial restriction,s those who have work ?

Just where do you seem to think that you are the judge of who is and is not a fan !!!!

cloughie

Oh and by the way so I am not a fan as I was abroad during the early 90's and only had BBC world news to hear our results

That cancels out my mid 1960's till now support

Grendel

yet more rubbish, so those that don't go are not fans

So this is your logic

those who live abroad, those who are infirm and house bound, those who live out of the area, those who have finacial restriction,s those who have work ?

Just where do you seem to think that you are the judge of who is and is not a fan !!!!

Stop being obtuse.

You know the point I am making. You cannot say not a pound more if you've never had the motivation to spend money supporting the club. Saying I want go when sisu are around having never been anyway is no benchmark is it?

I bet if you are a season ticket holder you'll go next season.

Tonylinc

I currently live in Scunthorpe and for financial reasons am not able to attend every home game. Do not therefore brand me as a non-supporter Grendel. I have probably attended more games both home and and away that you ever will.

cloughie

Stop being obtuse.

You know the point I am making. You cannot say not a pound more if you've never had the motivation to spend money supporting the club. Saying I want go when sisu are around having never been anyway is no benchmark is it?

I bet if you are a season ticket holder you'll go next season.

You have branded many on here as not true supporters over time with your judgement
yet I notice you have still not replied to another thread question that I posted

Oh do enlighten us all how you propose to 'force' the council to hand over ACL for free

I think AHT may wish to get the money they invested back as for the council they may well hand their share over in return for the mortgage being paid off

But then you would be ranting on about surely it's illegal to support a private company with tax payers money, just as sisu are trying to say it about the council mortgage.

Surely your morals can't have it both ways ?

I will go next season as a season ticket holder if sisu are not here

theferret

I think it is perfectly clear the point Grendel is trying to make, and whether you agree with him or not, he is right when he says that it isn't for people who have never attended matches (for whatever reason) to make out that they have signed up to a principled position of non-attendance (when they never went anyway). It's like a lifelong vegetarian suddenly announcing they are abstaining from eating Big Macs and then wanting a pat on the back for it.

cloughie

I think it is perfectly clear the point Grendel is trying to make, and whether you agree with him or not, he is right when he says that it isn't for people who have never attended matches (for whatever reason) to make out that they have signed up to a principled position of non-attendance (when they never went anyway). It's like a lifelong vegetarian suddenly announcing they are abstaining from eating Big Macs and then wanting a pat on the back for it.

He is quoting 1 person as not ever going or yet calls many not fans

And only if he knows the person will he know they have NEVER been or NEVER go

In grendels world if you miss a season under sisu ownership that is it .......... you are not a fan

torchomatic

And in Ashdown's if you go then you're not a real fan either and you lack moral fibre.

Fun round here, isn't it?

In grendels world if you miss a season under sisu ownership that is it .......... you are not a fan

James Smith

And in Ashdown's if you go then you're not a real fan either and you lack moral fibre.

I'm having a ball, geddit! :D

Sorry just felt the mood needed lightening.

cloughie

sadly it 's not a fun time for sky blue supporters

But there is no need fans whatever view anyone takes to class people as fans or not

Understand the sentiment though

Mucca Mad Boys

sadly it 's not a fun time for sky blue supporters

But there is no need fans whatever view anyone takes to class people as fans or not

Understand the sentiment though

Not really, I personally think this 'Not One Penny More' campaign will be a disaster, either, it'll have little support or, it'll do more harm than good in my opinion. I certainly don't see how going to support the team - because that's who we support, not the boardroom - is actually not supporting your club? Would anyone shed light on this?

Also, SISU 'fund' losses anyway, so this extra loss in income, I don't think, will make a significant difference. Anyway, match day ticket sales would probably just pay for the wages, the rent (wherever and whatever we pay), the bills and so on and so forth, so if this 'boycott' is large enough to have an impact, I can only see this having a detrimental effect on the playing staff because that'll get cut first - yet those same people WILL moan that not enough money is being invested in the squad, it's a vicious cycle.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Not really, I personally think this 'Not One Penny More' campaign will be a disaster, either, it'll have little support or, it'll do more harm than good in my opinion. I certainly don't see how going to support the team - because that's who we support, not the boardroom - is actually not supporting your club? Would anyone shed light on this?

Also, SISU 'fund' losses anyway, so this extra loss in income, I don't think, will make a significant difference. Anyway, match day ticket sales would probably just pay for the wages, the rent (wherever and whatever we pay), the bills and so on and so forth, so if this 'boycott' is large enough to have an impact, I can only see this having a detrimental effect on the playing staff because that'll get cut first - yet those same people WILL moan that not enough money is being invested in the squad, it's a vicious cycle.

But the same vicious cycle that means if that if you follow SISU's unholy circus, that they'll take such attendance as endorsing their stance, eh?

James Smith

Depends on how deep the SISU pockets are and how distressed they are. Hopefully though the Golden Share will stay in LTD and someone other than SISU buys LTD out of Admin before the start of next season.

Mucca Mad Boys

But the same vicious cycle that means if that if you follow SISU's unholy circus, that they'll take such attendance as endorsing their stance, eh?

Consider this, because I've come to another conclusion to you:

All the people who chant 'We Want SISU Out!' At the games (which is only really Singer's Corner) all didn't go to games because they followed the campaign, and the attendance was left with apathetic fans (like myself), people who just go to watch football, and people who disapprove of SISU but don't sing about it, wouldn't it reinforce SISU's (wrong) views that the 'majority' of fans don't want them out?

If the RICOH had a hostile atmosphere towards SISU, that is a more effective protest than essentially not doing anything.

It's the opposition to the Coalition walking out of the Commons leaving only the Coalition to discuss policy, pass legislation etc.

Mucca Mad Boys

Depends on how deep the SISU pockets are and how distressed they are. Hopefully though the Golden Share will stay in LTD and someone other than SISU buys LTD out of Admin before the start of next season.

It's got to the point now where it probably won't make a significant difference to their losses.

Imagine if we had normal owners, we could be happily slating the formation, the style of play, the manager and the fact that we have bought no internationals yet.

Great days they were :)

Users who are viewing this thread