Sol Campbell (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I'd be pissed off if I was a Macclesfield fan. Not because he is black, just that the news (BBC) just made out that because he is black he has to take a shit job that is below him.

Liquid Gold

I'd be pissed off if I was a Macclesfield fan. Not because he is black, just that the news (BBC) just made out that because he is black he has to take a shit job that is below him.
Be fair, the Macclesfield job is the sort you take on Football Manager when you're out of options.

Joy Division

Unless he turns out to be a good manager and saves them from relegation?

skybluesam66

it is not racist to know that certain races are better at certain things than other races

As a general rule
Black people can;t swim strongly due to weak ankles, but they are bloody good runners
Asians in general do not have the physique to be powerful athletes, but are excellent mentally
Brits are generally plum shaped and do not in general have the athletic stature of say a German

This is not racism but just part of our build, and putting aside the issue of blacks in management , is the fact that a large % of our population is Asian, but very few footballers

Taking this further therefore it is possible - and putting it out there that certain people may make better
Managers
Coaches
Doctors
Businessmen
etc

so positive discrimination is not always good

What if we wanted half of the British swimming team to be black
Half of the olympic sprinters to be white
Half of the men;s football team to be women
Half of the caring profession to be men

If Sol is good enough for the job - he should be given it
He should not be given a job because he is black,at the same time, he shouldnt be excluded from it

hill83

As a general rule
Black people can;t swim strongly due to weak ankles, but they are bloody good runners
Asians in general do not have the physique to be powerful athletes, but are excellent mentally
Brits are generally plum shaped and do not in general have the athletic stature of say a German

giphy.gif

Joy Division

Taking this further therefore it is possible - and putting it out there that certain people may make better
Managers
Coaches
Doctors
Businessmen
etc

How does race factor into whether it makes you any good at these jobs?

Terry_dactyl

it is not racist to know that certain races are better at certain things than other races

As a general rule

This is not racism but just part of our build, and putting aside the issue of blacks in management , is the fact that a large % of our population is Asian, but very few footballers

Managers
Coaches
Doctors
Businessmen
etc

He should not be given a job because he is black,at the same time, he shouldnt be excluded from it
Shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Joy Division

Yeah Sorry Sol, I know you've played hundreds of Premier League games and represented your country at the highest level, but you just can't swim so you're not qualified to manage this club I'm afraid son.

rob9872

He hasn't even begun to look at the mixed races and the various combinations of good/bad at swimming/running and maths. What if it's a mixed race guy with one arm, but it's a genetically white arm and black ankles - he'll be swimming in circles.

Unbelievable!

Captain Dart

New manager Sol Campbell has told Macclesfield that in him they have "an international footballer" who has been "one of the best players in the world".

But the best managers haven't necessarily been the best footballers, Wenger, Mourinho & Ferguson were not great players, whereas many great players have failed or been mediocre in management, Tony Adams, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, Diego Maradona, .

lifeskyblue

Our very own Jimmy Hill was a decent,certainly not great, footballer but he is our best manager ever and one of footballs great innovators

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

ok again to confirm you are saying unless you are given hard evidence you do not believe right now that colour is an issue for black managers?

jsut say yes or no

I would say colour is an issue for black managers without question - Darren Moore is an example of that - I don’t think they’d have employed him unless he had done so well having replaced the imbecile Pardew

Unfortunately having Campbell as the example of discrimination is not great - in his case he’s a bit of a loose cannon and a huge self centred egotist

lifeskyblue

I would say colour is an issue for black managers without question - Darren Moore is an example of that - I don’t think they’d have employed him unless he had done so well having replaced the imbecile Pardew

Unfortunately having Campbell as the example of discrimination is not great - in his case he’s a bit of a loose cannon and a huge self centred egotist

I would agree with both paragraphs here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstu

As a general rule

Managers
Coaches
Doctors
Businessmen
etc

Wow, this thread is now reaching 100 pages!

NortonSkyBlue

I find this thread enlightening for a few reasons;
You can sniff out the "I'm not racist but..."
You can have the "show me proof"rammed down your throat.
You can have the successes and failures of managers debated as evidence.
But the irrefutable fact is that for all the Rudd Guillits and Jean Tiganas, there is Leroy Rosenior, JFH, Paul Ince and Keith Curle who didnt exactly excel.
Chris Hughton has been overlooked for posts and dismissed probably sooner than merited despite consistent over achievement. It seems that the bar for failure is set higher for Hughton that it is for Hughes, Pardew etc. I would say that has racial overtones.
I recently saw a photo of our great late seventies side and it had Garry Thompson and Val Thomas and I am reminded that we have come a long way due to those pioneers such as them and dear Cyrille but we still have a long way to go.
Success shouldn't be about the color of your skin nor should the appointment of a manager. It would be interesting to find out the make up of the UEFA training courses and to see if that has been reflected in the appointing of coaches over recent years.
I can't see the likes of Ashley Cole, Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole or Emile Heskey as a coach but maybe that is due to my own narrow mind?
Time will tell.

letsallsingtogether

Funny but Latin men make good football managers must be that European gene.

Magwitch

What’s this on going thread re. Sol Campbell ? this isn’t even ccfc related unless he is being lined up to be our next manager or something. By the way I genuinely hope he does well think he might.

Users who are viewing this thread