Some Crewe Fan's Don't Care About The JPT! (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

Fair comments, its hard for all clubs these days to keep their fans from the lure of the Prem glory outings. Personally for me I've enjoyed this season more than the last 10 before that.

kepit 2 yusen

I can't believe this football snobbery that's started up because we have the chance of a place in the final of a second rate cup. Some may not have noticed we have become a second rate club - at least for now but things are improving. That's the level we are !
It's success if we win it. We are not exactly going to win the Champions league anytime soon so enjoy it for what it is. I for one don't care if its the Mario Toadstool Cup, it's something to put on the mantle piece. It is a bit bare after all !
A trip to Wembley and a bit of silverware - anyday !

Grendel

Even Carlisle have been in the final 6 bloody times, and won it twice!

Perhaps a new cup could be invented the C Cup. All clubs beginning with C from the league one level down compete for it. Still get 40,000 to Wembley I'm sure.

MayallMan

I don't care which Cup it is...we've done well to get where we are with some difficult games...so if we do get to Wembley, I will be treating it with as much respect as any other cup final :p!

sly_old_fox

I don't care which Cup it is...we've done well to get where we are with some difficult games...so if we do get to Wembley, I will be treating it with as much respect as any other cup final :p!

?? now I was lead to believe by some of your esteemed colleagues that there was only one cup comptetition that that could be counted and that every other cup was a micky mouse affair with which fans of CCFC would not bother themselves with!

valiant15

Some of our fans our total hypocrites,when your mob were in it a couple of seasons ago you got ripped to pieces,now we're in it its all of a sudden important. A good day out at wembley,yes. But in my opinion its a piss poor cup for 3rd tier and below.

Heyzeuss84

You play games to win games surely? A possible trip to Wembley with the city should be celebrated no matter what the reason is. Yeah it's no fa cup but we are where we are.

On an optimistic note it'll be good to familiarise ourselves with Wembleys pitch before the playoff final (if we get there)

ajsccfc

There's little point in pretending we're above league one and the JPT, as we're here on (lack of) merit. I'd rather not be in a position to take part, but while we are I'll embrace it.

Grendel

For some,but not everyone.

I agree. It's like someone who used to have a private apartment in St Lucia and lost everything and now holidays in Skegness and pretends its as good.

It isn't.

ajsccfc

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the JPT is where they want to be or it's as good as the FA Cup or whatever. Imagine if you ate fish and chips all the time and then suddenly you were forcefed warm runny shit for years. One day someone slips you a pack of Chewits. The JPT is the Chewits among the warm diarrhoea we've had to eat the last few years.

I could have chose better food to illustrate.

lordsummerisle

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the JPT is where they want to be or it's as good as the FA Cup or whatever. Imagine if you ate fish and chips all the time and then suddenly you were forcefed warm runny shit for years. One day someone slips you a pack of Chewits. The JPT is the Chewits among the warm diarrhoea we've had to eat the last few years.

I could have chose better food to illustrate.

Or the JPT is warm,runny shit, but we're trying to convince ourselves it's really caviar, though it is still warm, runny shit.

Hate the "big day out" attitude that surfaced this season when we got to play Arsenal and Spurs away this season too.

It's like that's all we can aspire to, a bit of fun, when it used to be part of our daily diet, and to be "happy" and "proud" that we lost 6-1 and 3-0.

Aspirations not just set by the owners, but the fans as well, and we don't seem to have any from either.

ajsccfc

I don't like the 'we got beat but smashed up some toilets, weeeeeey' thing about the cups, but this is something achievable and in line with where we currently are. As people say you can only beat what's in front of you, the same can apply for competitions. If we end up somehow getting promoted from this division for instance, it shouldn't be tempered by the fact that we were resentful of being here in the first place.

covcity4life

ajs is right............and sick in the head

noone is suggesting jpt is good as fa cup,its just exciting for us considering the position we are in right now

Users who are viewing this thread