Someone's gonna get a hiding!! (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yup.

Agree.

That's both Shrewsbury and Crewe where we have created a stack load without scoring. 21 shots on goal against Shrewsbury and 25 against Crewe.

One day they are all going to fly in and someone is going to get well and truly hammered!

Flying Fokker

I'm feeling the goose bumps at the prospect.Nil one to Yeovil?

Edited, I woke up during the match.

Last edited:

Blinxs

We've already done it to a couple of sides this season (Walsall, Hartlepool and Donny) so really can't see why not. Will have to wait until we get these 'tougher' games out the way against the top sides then hopefully we can smash some of the teams nearer the bottom (although i am well aware of the games such as Shrewsbury etc...) Definitely see L Clarke getting at least one hat trick before the end of the season :p

Macca

Its got to all go right soon!! We cant keep hitting the bloke on the goal lines leg as he falls over or the bar/post,heading inches wide or balls flashing across the face of goal. They WILL start to go in!

Bit of accuracy and we should get a hatful. Being wasteful is not a good habit, becomes a monkey on your back

skybluenewman

Crewe will stay behind the ball the whole game. Without pace in the squad i can't see us beating the line of defence. I think we will win the game but not go through to the final. I think there will be under two goals. There is no reason for them to go out and attack as they are already 3-0 up. When both teams need to score it opens up the game, i think drop Clarke and try this new guy we have nothing to lose now, i was really disappointed with clarkes performance on tuesday. His control and ability was awful. Yes he scored 2 at sheffield but those goals would have been scored by and professional striker

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Crewe will stay behind the ball the whole game. Without pace in the squad i can't see us beating the line of defence. I think we will win the game but not go through to the final. I think there will be under two goals. There is no reason for them to go out and attack as they are already 3-0 up. When both teams need to score it opens up the game, i think drop Clarke and try this new guy we have nothing to lose now, i was really disappointed with clarkes performance on tuesday. His control and ability was awful. Yes he scored 2 at sheffield but those goals would have been scored by and professional striker

Leon Clarke is the league's top goalscorer, so I don't know why anyone would drop him for Elliott, who's goal:game ratio is poor, or Philliskirk, who hasn't scored yet in his whole career. :facepalm:

skybluenewman

What I'm trying to say is I've seen nothing spectacular from him. I know he's top goal scorer but mark my words this will not continue

Mucca Mad Boys

What I'm trying to say is I've seen nothing spectacular from him. I know he's top goal scorer but mark my words this will not continue

Well it has since he's come.

Who would you start? Elliott? In 8(7), he's got 4, to Clarke's 4 in 5(1), so for all he stick Leon gets, he's clearly a better goalscorer than Elliott. At the struggling Scunny, he got 11 in 14(1).

I will mark your words.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm not too keen on Clarke but as long as he scores I can't moan

Who is keen on him?

He scores goals and has become somewhat of a reliable goalscorer for us, all of his goals have been good finishes.

stupot07

On the evidence we saw on tuesday night someone soon will take a spanking off us! One of these days most of the chances will hit the net and we will wrack up 4 or 5. Personally i hope we save it for Crewe as it would be right and proper they get it!

York, Walsall, Hartlepool and Doncaster have already took a beating off us....

skybluedude

Tuesday was one of those nights where we could have potentially put away 2-3 goals but it did not happen, loads of chances were created. No doubt we will continue making chances and it is up to Clarke or whoever is up front to put them away. On the Sky Blues Player, Robins says the team were working on Crossing and Finishing this week and the key is repetition, so we should be a little sharper in front of goal.

Macca

Tuesday was one of those nights where we could have potentially put away 2-3 goals but it did not happen, loads of chances were created. No doubt we will continue making chances and it is up to Clarke or whoever is up front to put them away. On the Sky Blues Player, Robins says the team were working on Crossing and Finishing this week and the key is repetition, so we should be a little sharper in front of goal.

Lots of respect for Robins. No excuses about luck etc just tries to fix problem

Covstu

some call it bad luck, others would call it poor finishing. You don't normally have too many games where you miss chance after chance whereas we have had quite few. Still think Clarke needs better support upfront with him i.e. a player can hold play, knock down to Clarke etc. Elliott isn't that player at the moment.

Otis

some call it bad luck, others would call it poor finishing. You don't normally have too many games where you miss chance after chance whereas we have had quite few. Still think Clarke needs better support upfront with him i.e. a player can hold play, knock down to Clarke etc. Elliott isn't that player at the moment.

Tuesday's shot tally has been recalculated and CWR now saying it was 29 rather than 25.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Otis

Also, interesting to note, as just said on CWR, the Yeovil scout here on Tuesday said that we should have won 7-3.

I reckon we can play half as well today and still win.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread