Something urgent needs to happen (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Our captain should have gone straight to the ref. and enquired why no action was taken.I notice it must be management policy not to question decisions made when clearly a mistake has been made.We had a few bad decisions ( 1 in particular where our player was nowhere near when their player put it out) from the linesman Mr Wonder running the line east stand side and no city player questioned it.
It's about we started to fight our corner before some one gets dare I say a bad eye injury then it will be too late.
Hope Tats is alright.

Tomh111

I sat there today thinking about how I'd be on at the ref if I was on the pitch/sideline.

The players got no protection from their late tackles, and they were also killing the game from the 20th minute.

Referees need to be more aware and better.

There was a free kick given to us, we were desperate to play with tempo and get going. Their player picked up the ball and held it, walking toward the referee, delaying the taking of the free kick. No yellow, nothing.

It's embarrassing from the officials.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

skyblueelephant76

Our captain should have gone straight to the ref. and enquired why no action was taken.I notice it must be management policy not to question decisions made when clearly a mistake has been made.We had a few bad decisions ( 1 in particular where our player was nowhere near when their player put it out) from the linesman Mr Wonder running the line east stand side and no city player questioned it.
It's about we started to fight our corner before some one gets dare I say a bad eye injury then it will be too late.
Hope Tats is alright.
Play continued, I'm not sure Lati could run 40 yards to complain to the ref whilst the game was still going.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

It's embarrassing from the officials.

Another free kick we had were our player put the ball down played it and the ref pulled it back.The only reason I could seewas he had not taken his hand off the ball.
Retreating 10 yard for free kick warn the first book the second soon stop it.Thrown ins think the refs. should have a look at the rules because they don't seem to know them.If they do take action.

Tomh111

Another free kick we had were our player put the ball down played it and the ref pulled it back.The only reason I could seewas he had not taken his hand off the ball.
Retreating 10 yard for free kick warn the first book the second soon stop it.Thrown ins think the refs. should have a look at the rules because they don't seem to know them.If they do take action.
It was for moving ball, but the ball was moving because their player interfered...

No yellow.

Chris1987

Refs should be made aware prior to kick offs by club coaching staff about the treatment dished out to Saka by opposition players in the past 3 games. He is likely to get seriously injured if it continues. Its beyond acceptable.

Nick

Administrator
Refs should be made aware prior to kick offs by club coaching staff about the treatment dished out to Saka by opposition players in the past 3 games. He is likely to get seriously injured if it continues. Its beyond acceptable.

Our players also need to wise up a bit about it

Although I'm not sure how the lino didn't see the elbow

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Our players also need to wise up a bit about it

Although I'm not sure how the lino didn't see the elbow
Most times they have to wait for the ref. to decide who should have a throw in thats right in front of them .Sometimes I wonder why we bother with them.
We need to tweet Instagram everywhere
Have to get grandchildren to do that.I wonder sometimes how people understand what I type.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Avoid what? If that happened to most other teams the ref would be surrounded and players steaming into defend Saka.

We probably apologised to the guys elbow.

To easy going, like Mark Robins, needs to be like Neil Warnock, in your face 😈

Hertsccfc

Hope Tats is alright.
Latibeaudiere did talk to the ref when play stopped.

hill83

Last game Allen had a horrendous injury to his jaw from that tosser Bernard that the ref missed.

Today we have a similar on Tatsu. Luckily he came out ok.

The club should be furious with the referring in the last few games. I can’t quite make out that Millwall player but he’s a shit footballer like Bernard.

Fucking hell. Came in for a joke about height. But what a c**t, that’s blatant as it gets.

napolimp

People saying we need to wise up and be more aggressive about the way we react to these situations, but at the end of the day Millwall are aggressive about it and languishing in 18th, whilst we keep winning and have a play off place. Just beat these teams at football, and hope the refereeing is occasionally one step above dog shit.

hill83

People saying we need to wise up and be more aggressive about the way we react to these situations, but at the end of the day Millwall are aggressive about it and languishing in 18th, whilst we keep winning and have a play off place. Just beat these teams at football, and hope the refereeing is occasionally one step above dog shit.

Sound. Cheekbones and eye sockets are overrated anyway

Seaside-Skyblue

We seen glimpses already that Thomas and Kitching aren't afraid to mix it, they might have stood in Sakas corner and said a few words had they been on the pitch at the time. Outside of those two we appear to have a relatively quiet team. But as someone above suggests, our football is doing the talking.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

hill83

Think you're misunderstanding, action needs to be taken by the EFL after those incidents (not that it will), but becoming one of those sides who surround and scream at the ref, isn't going to help.

Bloke gets smashed with an elbow. “Yeah but they are 18th”

At the end of the day

On record as well, if it was one of our players doing that to one of their players I’d be saying the same.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, react to other people doing this to our players.

We won't get a play off place with our players being injured.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Think you're misunderstanding, action needs to be taken by the EFL after those incidents (not that it will), but becoming one of those sides who surround and scream at the ref, isn't going to help.
You've answered your own point about the EFL and as for the ref. bit at least he knows how the players feei about the thuggery and might just watch a bit closer

napolimp

Bloke gets smashed with an elbow. “Yeah but they are 18th”

At the end of the day

On record as well, if it was one of our players doing that to one of their players I’d be saying the same.

If you want to be argumentative for no reason, that's fine. I said reacting aggressively to a situation after it's happened is not going to help. Generally referees don't react well to it, regardless of what you think, and if the ref hadn't seen the incident then they haven't seen it. Surrounding and screaming at them isn't going to make them suddenly decide to get a card out for an incident they haven't seen. I'd rather see players in the club I support have some class.

Mucca Mad Boys

Hope Tats is alright.
Lati did just that. We did fight back, there times where our players gave a little back and we got away with it.

PVA

I'd say this one is far more likely to get retrospective action than the one on Allen.

This one is far more blatant (even though the other one was enough to fracture Allen’s cheekbone). Plus the ref missed it whereas he didn't with Allen's, so they're more likely to look at it.

HadjiChippo

He was. Looked intentional again
I'm absolutely sure I saw this too.
Just rewatched it on ifollow and it’s at 47:16 in second half. Saka wins the ball 50/50 and the millwall player jumps up and stomps. Even stops and looks towards the ref as if to say “shit might be in trouble here” and doesn’t continue play for the next few seconds either. The jumping motion is weird to me, looks deliberate.

Might be nothing from a better camera angle but looked nasty from the match cam. Saka made nothing of it and just limps off.

EDIT: looks like it was same player that elbowed him too 15. Bryan, but hard to tell on ifollow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread