something we can only dream of ..... (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Arsenal have just announced their new sponsorship deal with Emirates Airlines.......... £150m !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20464096

The gap between premiership top dogs and the rest gets bigger every day

blueflint

For a club that have been failing for 7 years this is amazing.

Fly Emirates nearly the best but not quite.

if 16 seasons on the trot qualifying for cl is failure i'll fail every year

wingy

But sensibly run Rich ,frustrating for all their fans i'm sure .

Not just a new shirt deal for around seven years but stadium naming extention for around 15years also,all possibly timed for the expected self imposed fair play rules they've just discussed .

Fair play my arse ,how about distributing some of the massive TV revenues due next year down the leagues instead of over rewarding these already bloated stars back pockets ,who have by the way been given in the region of £0.5m. a year back through George Osbornes genorosity.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Doesnt the new TV deal increase revenues from 1.6 billion to something like 3 billion, mainly to premiership.......... then the premiership have capped how much young players can be sold for and top academy status closed entry to most lower league clubs ....... i dont see too much evidence of fairness or a level playing field. Makes it crucial to get back in the Championship then to be pushing for Premiership not just for CCFC but many clubs.

I can forsee a situation where top premiership teams gets fatter, their players earning stupid amounts whilst in League 1 and 2 etc teams go to the wall because their financial supply line (the sale of young developed football talent) has been squeezed or all but stopped.

football is completely financially mad !

wingy

The Last figures i saw quoted were around the £5b. mark.

It seems to rival what the WC can achieve .

I recollect some figures of around £8b, for the next two world cups ,obviously there is still time for that to increase,but two prem TV deals would likely outstrip this .

There must be potential for deals like this to collapse if demand wanes a la ITV and the Championship

Edit; Is It any wonder Fifa Uefa don't get along with us.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

But what have they won in the last 5 years? Cov have qualified for the football league for the last 100 years, still doesn't mean they are a good team.

No trophies, but very healthy finances and regular top 4 finishes-why jeapordise this by going for broke against Arabs with bottomless pockets? When the FFP eventually kicks in they will be very well placed to take advantage (and aren't doing that badly in Europe anyway either).

blueflint

But sensibly run Rich ,frustrating for all their fans i'm sure .

Not just a new shirt deal for around seven years but stadium naming extention for around 15years also,all possibly timed for the expected self imposed fair play rules they've just discussed .

Fair play my arse ,how about distributing some of the massive TV revenues due next year down the leagues instead of over rewarding these already bloated stars back pockets ,who have by the way been given in the region of £0.5m. a year back through George Osbornes genorosity.

bang on m8

Covstu

Doesnt the new TV deal increase revenues from 1.6 billion to something like 3 billion, mainly to premiership.......... then the premiership have capped how much young players can be sold for and top academy status closed entry to most lower league clubs ....... i dont see too much evidence of fairness or a level playing field. Makes it crucial to get back in the Championship then to be pushing for Premiership not just for CCFC but many clubs.

I can forsee a situation where top premiership teams gets fatter, their players earning stupid amounts whilst in League 1 and 2 etc teams go to the wall because their financial supply line (the sale of young developed football talent) has been squeezed or all but stopped.

football is completely financially mad !

yes they say this is the worse year to be relegated due to the increase in funds this year. I don't see an increase going into the championship and league 1&2 is there!!! The premier league are looking at introducing the fair play but unless this is imposed strictly across all leagues in Europe (maybe the world) a lot of our good players will eye up different leagues. You only have to look at china and Russia at the moment, the states will get there at some point as you only hae to look at the money invested in American sports. something has to be done though.

wingy

Another black mark against Ranson here Stu ,he voted for a £1m. increase in subsidy in the champ up to £2m. at the expense of the lower two leagues,amazingly the lower leagues wer'nt given a vote.

Maybe we have an example where only legislation can bring about some sanity ,as there are more than market forces at work here .Damien Collins seems like a very pro-active culture secretary and I particularly liked his views on clubs being re-united with their grounds ,maybe some hope for Pompey here.

Changeyourface

Arsenal have just announced their new sponsorship deal with Emirates Airlines.......... £150m !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20464096

The gap between premiership top dogs and the rest gets bigger every day

To be honest when I dream of my team doing well it's normally more to do with an FA Cup win or doing the treble etc.. not exciting new sponsorship deals which means we could sign better players with bigger wages which means I'd get ripped off even more for a ticket to see my team.

Users who are viewing this thread