Songs you hate (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Love all kinds of music except rap. Such inanely juvenile lyrics and laughable posturing - it's the low point in popular music and I pity the generation that has that to look back on as the background to their youth.
Agree with Town Called Malice - it's just too jangly.

You've not heard good rap. Good rap is outstanding both lyrically and for message. Sadly all you hear is the gansta shit.

Paul Anthony

Who was it sang that song "American Boy"? It was played over and over and over again on just about every radio station I listened to a few years ago. You couldn't get through a day without Cov and Warwicks playing it at some point. Hated it with a passion.

Now they seem to have an obsession with playing "Material Girl". If I'd been a record exec and Madonna came to me with that song, it'd have been a simple, straightforward, no BS "nah thanks"

Bumberclart

Anything by Drake!
My kids play his stuff, despite me musically educating them well.
They haven't worked out that its basically the same song over and over, with different lyrics.

Coldplay - Yellow. The moaniest, whiniest, whingiest Coldplay song ever. (which is some accolade)

skyblueinBaku

Anything by Drake!
My kids play his stuff, despite me musically educating them well.
They haven't worked out that its basically the same song over and over, with different lyrics.

Coldplay - Yellow. The moaniest, whiniest, whingiest Coldplay song ever. (which is some accolade)
The Scientist is even worse! I don't think Coldplay have made a decent record yet.

dancers lance

I'm just picking what I consider to be popular songs that people seem to hold in high regard..... I could go all night...

Madness - Driving In My Car - Dog shit
Oasis - Wonderwall - Dog Shit
Blur - Country House - Horse Shit
Eminem - Stan - Bat Shit
The Stones - Paint It Black - Stolen Dog Shit
Marvin Gaye - Heard It Through The Grapevine - Grape Shit
Beck - Loser - Skidmark

ccfctommy

Who was it sang that song "American Boy"? It was played over and over and over again on just about every radio station I listened to a few years ago. You couldn't get through a day without Cov and Warwicks playing it at some point. Hated it with a passion.

Now they seem to have an obsession with playing "Material Girl". If I'd been a record exec and Madonna came to me with that song, it'd have been a simple, straightforward, no BS "nah thanks"

Estelle.

wingy

I am the Beat by the Look. Crap and made a right twat of myself trying to Impress while trying to pull .
You're Gorgeous Babybird.

Macca

I have investigated in depth but am still struggling to find any rap that remotely interests me. That does not mean it isn't good just that it's not to my taste.

wingy

I have investigated in depth but am still struggling to find any rap that remotely interests me. That does not mean it isn't good just that it's not to my taste.
I'm no officionado but two guys that have produced a handful of tracks I've quite liked are Come with me and I'm coming home by P Diddy
Kanye Wests Touch the Sky, Gold Digger and Stronger Ditto
But they're not run of the mill rap and are tunes rather than rants, some written by others too.

Nick

Administrator
I'm no officionado but two guys that have produced a handful of tracks I've quite liked are Come with me and I'm coming home by P Diddy
But they're not run of the mill rap and are tunes rather than rants, some written by others too.

Yes fam

Might have to blast a bit of p diddy out today now

Nick

Administrator

This was on kisstory on the way home from the Oxford game as well.

Or a classic:

wingy

Yeah a few beers in me and I'd be hopping around the floor to those!!
Might need a visit to A+E the following morning though, get my knees done Lol :p

Gazolba

You probably wont remember this one but "He's got the Whole World in his Hands" by Laurie London.
A British singer, it was a number one hit in the USA.
This song has been recorded by hundreds of artists:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread