Sorry (1 Viewer)

cyril

I really don't want pressley. Can't See any positives in it. Would rather keep carsley

Whether you want him or not, support him, like the rest of us. No matter what you think of our new manager, this is still our club and it needs our support. I'm happy about SP, he's better than Curle anyway

deanocity3

in the last 40 years name a manager who we have had that had won anything special before coming to us.
I can only think of dave sexton (fa cup Chelsea) and Big Ron (Fa cup at man u).
Sillet's track record was as Hereford manager in 1974 -78 then became city boss in 1986 with no management in between.

The Reverend Skyblue

If a teams supporters were going to protest at the poor state of the football being played,and in a virtual pub league, how the hell have Fisher and Waggott going to put bums on seats with an appointment like this.
This is what this appointment has to be about, How can we put more bums on seats so to progress the club, this by the sounds of it will empty the Ricoh faster than concert by Timmy Mallett.

Heaven help us, just get someone who plays attacking attractive football, i.e Black, its not bloody rocket science,and they are going to have to pay compo with money we don't have. No wonder we are up shit street with managers like Fisher in charge.

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

If a teams supporters were going to protest at the poor state of the football being played,and in a virtual pub league, how the hell have Fisher and Waggott going to put bums on seats with an appointment like this.
This is what this appointment has to be about, How can we put more bums on seats so to progress the club, this by the sounds of it will empty the Ricoh faster than concert by Timmy Mallett.

Heaven help us, just get someone who plays attacking attractive football, i.e Black, its not bloody rocket science,and they are going to have to pay compo with money we don't have. No wonder we are up shit street with managers like Fisher in charge.

See, I think if we win our next 4 home games...there will be more bums on seats - even if we grind them out 1-0 playing early '80's Arsenal-style!

torchomatic

What's the obsession with Black? Someone who hasn't managed for a decade?

Paxman II

The thing is we just don't know all the circumstances do we?

Yes Dennis Wise would have put bums on seats for sure and maybe short term galavanised the team to the playoffs and promotion.
But would he come if asked given what we know about the club at the moment? Doubt it. He would have wanted money guarantees for next season at the very least.

Black is a romantic call. Long time since here and never managed a club full time on his own and never really seeked to become a manager either.

We lost most of the other desirable candidates by not appointing quickly.

Pressley is a bit of an unknown but has got desire, ambition and youth on his side with some experience. he has been around a successful George Burley and may surprise one or two. Swindon were after him at one point so there must be something about him?

No one will be inspired but the same was said of Robins. lets face it at Falkirk he has been dealing with a sub standard level of playing staff and budget. At least here he gets to work his skill set with a decent squad.

Definately not my choice at all but hope that Waggott can choose wisely like he did with Robins.

Block19

I'm not to sure about SP, only because he was a crap player for us and I know that has no relevance as a manager, but still can't be to sure of his skills and he has no experience of managing in English football. All 4 leagues are a better quality than the Scottish leagues.

Gaz

Can't say I know much about how he gets his team to play football, so I asked a couple of lads I know who live up Scotland but support Celtic.
This is what they told me ..

Talks a lot of pish that guy,Loves himself far to much.
Saying that his Falkirk team play decent football.

covcity4life

manager isnt supposed to be a circus attraction to get people in

he seems to have strong views on the game and how it should be played/developed. i like what i have heard so far

Sba180

in the last 40 years name a manager who we have had that had won anything special before coming to ous.
I can only think of dave sexton (fa cup Chelsea) and Big Ron (Fa cup at man u).
Sillet's track record was as Hereford manager in 1974 -78 then became city boss in 1986 with no management in between.

Boothroyd (promotion with watford)
Dowie (promotion with palace)
Gould 2nd spell (fa cup with wimbledon)

Users who are viewing this thread