Match Thread Southampton FA Cup Match Thread (3 Viewers)

larry_david

There's no need to slate Kelly. He's been a symbol of our rise from the shite. He's done his job admirably and it's not his fault we've now gone above his capabilities. Age gets us all and Kelly can hold his head high at being our leader, captain and central lynchpin to getting us where we are now.

Grendel

There's no need to slate Kelly. He's been a symbol of our rise from the shite. He's done his job admirably and it's not his fault we've now gone above his capabilities. Age gets us all and Kelly can hold his head high at being our leader, captain and central lynchpin to getting us where we are now.

A bit over the top

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It’s not slating Kelly - it was recognising as you’ve said we’ve gone past his capabilities.

Sheaf was taking unnecessary criticism and calls to get out of the deal, when it was obvious he had far more ability than Kelly.

letsallsingtogether

just watched a Vlog by a Southampton fan moaninig about missing the first 15 minutes of the game not for the first time because of the queues looks like its not only at the CBS.

Marty

Enjoyed the game, knocked it around well, defended resolutely. Same old issues, should have been 3 or 4 up after 50 minutes. Lack of cutting edge cost us. Only thing I'm annoyed about is the game didn't end in 90 minutes. Gyokeres looked knackered after 70 mins or so, and then continued to play an additional 50 minutes after that. Hope it doesn't effect them too much for Tuesday as we're in touching distance still.

CCFC54321

We played well and deserved to at least draw and in overall chances win the game but that’s been the story all season unfortunately. Really proud of the team and the supporters yesterday.

Thought Southampton and the supporters were the least non threatening ground along with Oxford I’ve been too which is a compliment not taking the piss. Just generally non aggressive people with a family feel about it. Probably why there isn’t an intimidating atmosphere about the place?

The 150 Southampton kids to the left of us god bless will have some stories to tell teacher on Monday morning. You could of give them all a great big hug they tried so hard!

covcity4life

Well said

This forum is becoming toxic like social media. Every little thing has to become a right Vs wrong comparison

We are old enough to know better. Don't get sucked in by it. Uninstall that crap from your phone!

Grendel

Well said

This forum is becoming toxic like social media. Every little thing has to become a right Vs wrong comparison

We are old enough to know better. Don't get sucked in by it. Uninstall that crap from your phone!

Kelly has done well enough but “a symbol of our rise” what does that even mean

Grendel

covcity4life

not Shipley?
Not quite the same as performances more up and down the other two in my humble opinion.

But when he goes it won't be with anything but good will and he will be remembered fondly.

Previous poster said symbol. I think being captain plays a part in that too.

Grendel

Not quite the same as performances more up and down the other two in my humble opinion.

But when he goes it won't be with anything but good will and he will be remembered fondly.

Previous poster said symbol. I think being captain plays a part in that too.

Shipley and Kelly have played now an identical number of league games for the club

Shipley has scored 16 goals and Kelly 3 in the league

Shipley scored at Wembley in the play off final

Good to see your opinion is totally balanced

covcity4life

Shipley and Kelly have played now an identical number of league games for the club

Shipley has scored 16 goals and Kelly 3 in the league

Shipley scored at Wembley in the play off final

Good to see your opinion is totally balanced
Kelly isn't an attack mid? I said performances and for me I have seen Kelly have more good games than I have Shipley. I also said in my opinion

This is a good example of what I mean by toxic. At no point did I put Shipley down . Heck I didn't even mention him. I said I agree Kelly a symbol and shouldn't be put down just because sheaf is good.

And now we have Shipley Vs Kelly start instead. Always has to be a big debate about every tiny thing. This isn't twitter ffs we can say we love Kelly and just move on with Southampton thread. It is possible if we try.

I won't get invovled with yet another debate. This place is becoming tiresome. You can have the last word

Grendel

Kelly isn't an attack mid? I said performances and for me I have seen Kelly have more good games than I have Shipley. I also said in my opinion

This is a good example of what I mean by toxic. At no point did I put Shipley down . Heck I didn't even mention him. I said I agree Kelly a symbol and shouldn't be put down just because sheaf is good.

And now we have Shipley Vs Kelly start instead. Always has to be a big debate about every tiny thing. This isn't twitter ffs we can say we love Kelly and just move on with Southampton thread. It is possible if we try.

I won't get invovled with yet another debate. This place is becoming tiresome. You can have the last word

I never put Shipley down - on this thread you say he is shit

Brighton Sky Blue

The irony of someone whose catchphrase is ‘I’m always right’ going on about everything descending into a right vs wrong debate makes my day. Cherry on top is him getting into an argument with another poster who again always thinks he’s right and never admits otherwise.

Made for each other

Grendel

The irony of someone whose catchphrase is ‘I’m always right’ going on about everything descending into a right vs wrong debate makes my day. Cherry on top is him getting into an argument with another poster who again always thinks he’s right and never admits otherwise.

Made for each other

don’t be so hard on yourself

shmmeee

For the record, I love Hyam, Kelly and Shipley. Think it’s weird that people wouldn’t after the last five years.

You can love a player and think we’ve surpassed them as a club. We’ve done it all the way up from L2: Doyle, Biamou, etc.

Saying one of our players is significantly better isn’t saying someone’s shit, it’s saying the squad has moved on.

covcity4life

I never put Shipley down - on this thread you say he is shit

Omg I am on about today. Obviously I have said players r shit in past and will in future again. What I won't do is face off players Vs each other when no need too if I think they both good. Also I have already said Shipley had alot of bad performances so I don't rank him same as Kelly or hyam anyway.

Ok now you can have last word!

covcity4life

Made for each other
Brighton crying again? At least something's on this forum are not changing.

Grendel

For the record, I love Hyam, Kelly and Shipley. Think it’s weird that people wouldn’t after the last five years.

Kelly should never have been offered a contract extension he’s not good enough any more. Shipley I’ve always said is a Paul Telfer type player and clubs need that type in a limited squad and he should have The extension

The guy said Hyam and Kelly on tbe basis they were the players who’ve been with us since league 2 - so has he

covcity4life

You can love a player and think we’ve surpassed them as a club. We’ve done it all the way up from L2: Doyle, Biamou, etc.

Saying one of our players is significantly better isn’t saying someone’s shit, it’s saying the squad has moved on.
That is different I agree

What I'm referring to is like last week sheaf did a great long ball and liquid gold posted "1000x the player hamer is" or something similar

No need. Both were playing well

Brighton Sky Blue

Brighton crying again? At least something's on this forum are not changing.

Ah I see. It’s all you have isn’t it? To go back to a time when people were stressed out their minds and use it as a BS cliche.

Only two people on here have openly said they’re never wrong.

Grendel

Ah I see. It’s all you have isn’t it? To go back to a time when people were stressed out their minds and use it as a BS cliche.

Only two people on here have openly said they’re never wrong.

Astute is clearly one whose the other?

Brighton Sky Blue

Astute is clearly one whose the other?

Good point had forgotten him.

CC4L every few months will go ‘I’m always right’

Genuinely I don’t remember you admitting being wrong on anything. The annual get Robins sacked thread speaks to that

Grendel

I reckon there is a spot on the spreadsheet where he can prove he has.

I once made a thread about it - who else has been so humble as me?

Brighton Sky Blue

I once made a thread about it - who else has been so humble as me?

10 years ago but very well

Users who are viewing this thread