Southampton Match Thread - No protest talk. (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueMania

hmm, not sure if there are any streams for it outside the UK.

Donovan sounds like he's playing pish as usual

Walking Bird

Clive Eakin needs to calm down a bit..
No need to be so excited when O Donovan is on the ball!

SkyBlueMania

I know he gets ridiculously excited when a winger gets the ball on the touchline never mind in the box. Not the best but does the job.

C

Clive Plattini

Sounds like we had a few good chances at the end of the half. Tough second half I reckon.

Played well first half. Lots of intelligent play and switch balls. Rod is shocking hopefully we give the kid a run out 2nd half.

Kuklinski

Well I for one hope all those who have consistently called for Dunn to replace Murphy are now going to turn it in. You've seen with your own eyes now he is definitely no better than Murphy.

Muppets.

torchomatic

The first half was one of the best performances I've seen for months. We were great up until half time. We were creating chances, closing them down. Stuff we should be doing.

I thought McSheff looked like his old self too.

Nonleagueherewecome

Needed to take those chances when we were on top. Deegan, Sheff and ROD all had great opportunities to seal it.

Whatever you think of ROD, he is clearly our quickest forward, and we look more dangerous on the break with him in the side. He could have had a hatrick today, but at least he worked hard, and got into goalscoring positions. And he is miles off match fitness. We didn't create a thing after he went off and it invited pressure as the Saints defence line was able to step 10 yards up the pitch without him playing off their shoulder and squeeze our midfield (which was knackered by then).

And I didn't think Dunn was at all bad, actually; his kicking is superb, he threw and punched intelligently, and made a couple of good saves. Should have commanded his area better for the first goal, but badly exposed by defence for second (KEOGH, SHOCK!) and did well to get a hand on it.

shmmeee

How many games have we lost from the front ? It is ridiculous

Caller on CWR said 9 games lost from a winning position, if true that's shocking.

Then again I think he was the one who said Gunnarsson was shit and he wouldn't want him back and McPake was on a three year deal. So maybe not the best source.

la-ccfc

Caller on CWR said 9 games lost from a winning position, if true that's shocking.

Then again I think he was the one who said Gunnarsson was shit and he wouldn't want him back and McPake was on a three year deal. So maybe not the best source.

I have just checked and including the 2 cup games it is 5.

Nonleagueherewecome

Did anyone else notice we only had 6 subs instead of the 7 allowed?

A great indication of our paucity of resources. I assume that the Freddy/Sammy medicals were a last minute look to see if they were fit enough to be emergency bench options.

Bloodnut1964

I went to the match today and can say that Cov looked like they were top of the league in the first half n not Southampton, they played some very good stuff, ran themselves into the ground thou and missed some good opportunities. That is why they faded terribly in the 2nd half. O donovan is fast yes, and perhaps with a run in the team might do a lot better than he did today. I wasn't over impressed with him but if he's not getting a game what can you expect.
I think the difference today was the substitutions we made weakened our side, whereas the subs Southampton made strengthened their's. AT is right we need more players co's we had no other options today other than to bring kids on.
Team defo playing better thou.
PUSB!!

Users who are viewing this thread