SP say..well aware lacking strength in depth (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Kid

SP says he knows we are lacking strength in depth!!!
Why the fuck did you get rid of players then???:facepalm:

Sky Blue Kid

We could pay £100 per home game and fill the Ricoh every week and STILL this club wouldn't be backed financially by SISU

SkyblueBazza

Because their ability does not justify the money they're being paid.

Whilst I would hope they ask his thoughts, I doubt they are really considered by the owners. All the are doing at present is cutting everything to the bone so what is left has little value to sell...but then sell they will.
I used to think they were cutting back a bit - to steady the ship. Think I was right at the time, but I now think their motive is to suck every available penny out before their worst case scenario failing the "fit & proper". I do not believe the FL will come out against them in the end - but SISU are preparing for it just in case.

The players who are training away from the first team are still getting their contracted salaries. There's no saving until they've left the club & I can't see many takers for any of them, especially when they're not being put in the shop window. Seems an insane move to alienate a bunch of paid employees when you have no chance of replacing them. Even more insane that only then you suddenly realise we have a much smaller squad and the same size wage bill. Me thinks this must've been a lesson learnt at The
'Sisu Higher Institute of Trading & Economics.

Nonleagueherewecome

It is very hard to argue that we are not alienating them! This is pretty much the definition of alienating them. You don't know about Jordan's situation, so you evidently haven't read this: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...-news/jordan-clarke-brought-back-cold-4866682

"Despite Clarke’s return, there seems no chance that any of the other seven players judged surplus to requirements will be brought back into the fold, even if City’s transfer embargo isn’t lifted before the start of the season.
It’s highly unlikely that we would turn to those players regardless of the situation we find ourselves in,” said Pressley. “It’s not ideal but I’ve made the decision that they won’t be a part of the club moving forward and we’ll have to see that through.""

Sky Blue Kid

My reasoning is exactly what NLHWC has said above. In saying about £100....I mean we could buy a ticket for a home match for that price, and fill the Ricoh once a fortnight but no financial investment to the team would be paid imho....does that explanation clear things up?

Sky Blue Kid

I've explained my meaning some three or four times now SBTaylor...So just for you....
Sell or let go one player on £6k pw, bring in 3 shit players on a total of £5k pw. = saving of £1k pw. If that is what you call "Financial investment" then I don't!(This way of business doesn't work son) as is proven by my next statement.
8 players released, most of which were "Top players"(According to AT) on shit wages, brought in at the beginning of the season. If they were any good we would be keeping hold of them wouldn't we?

stupot07

I've explained my meaning some three or four times now SBTaylor...So just for you....
Sell or let go one player on £6k pw, bring in 3 shit players on a total of £5k pw. = saving of £1k pw. If that is what you call "Financial investment" then I don't!(This way of business doesn't work son) as is proven by my next statement.
8 players released, most of which were "Top players"(According to AT) on shit wages, brought in at the beginning of the season. If they were any good we would be keeping hold of them wouldn't we?

Why would they be shit players? They would just be bringing people in on League One wages not Championship wages, and more importantly players that Pressley thinks fit the style of play he wants to impose on the side.

fernandopartridge

The players who are training away from the first team are still getting their contracted salaries. There's no saving until they've left the club & I can't see many takers for any of them, especially when they're not being put in the shop window. Seems an insane move to alienate a bunch of paid employees when you have no chance of replacing them. Even more insane that only then you suddenly realise we have a much smaller squad and the same size wage bill. Me thinks this must've been a lesson learnt at The
'Sisu Higher Institute of Trading & Economics.

You've forgotten about the furore of the last summer, the players are on appearance and performance related bonuses aren't they?

fernandopartridge

You're under the mistaken belief that salary relates to performance. It doesn't, certainly not with CCFC. How do you explain Tim Fisher's salary in that case?

Nonleagueherewecome

You're under the mistaken belief that salary relates to performance. It doesn't, certainly not with CCFC. How do you explain Tim Fisher's salary in that case?

Tends to be, however, as trends go, that the footballer on big money is better than the one on a pittance. Hey, who knows, maybe that's just a kerazzy coincidence?

Nonleagueherewecome

I think SP is right to do so, of the 8 players being 'alienated', who would anyone happily start?.

Really not the point in the slightest: you said he wasn't alienating anybody. If he isn't alienating people then there is no such bleeding word as alienating!

fernandopartridge

Tends to be, however, as trends go, that the footballer on big money is better than the one on a pittance. Hey, who knows, maybe that's just a kerazzy coincidence?

Yes but that completely misses the fact that

a) Our players are on relatively big money

b) They perform no better than those on a pittance

You kerazzy man.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes but that completely misses the fact that

a) Our players are on relatively big money

b) They perform no better than those on a pittance

You kerazzy man.

Generally the 9k player is better than the 1k player though, no? So if our 9k players are shit, there's no guarantee that our 1k signings (if we ever make any) will be better. THEY MAY BE 9 TIMES WORSE!!! :eek:

fernandopartridge

Generally the 9k player is better than the 1k player though, no? So if our 9k players are shit, there's no guarantee that our 1k signings (if we ever make any) will be better. THEY MAY BE 9 TIMES WORSE!!! :eek:

Yes it's a fair general point. But we're talking about our players who get paid 9k and are shite, so we've got a slightly better chance than the general rule.

Then again, we could end up with £1k players who aren't worth more than a JSA payment.

Mucca Mad Boys

I call it investment because you're still paying for that player's wages...

You're assuming they'll be shit, I'm sorry, but Bell, Sheff and Wood for example, were/are on championship wages, yet, in relation to their wages, they are shit, and I think you could get 5 players for their wages and they'd be just as good.

AT signed the players, if they're hopelessly shit it isn't SISU's fault (but that wouldn't stop you finding a vague way to argue against it), players like Malaga, as I understand it, is on a very decent wage, players like Cody etc. don't play enough games, or perform to the standard to justify their wage, even you can surely agree?

Mucca Mad Boys

Bosingwa must be one of the best RBs in the world based on his salary...

It's a fair comment to make broadly speaking, but the player who want to get rid of are on wages that don't justify their squad role and performance levels, they are grossly overpaid.

The players SP want to get rid are all justified based on footballing reasons alone, when you factor in finances, it's a no-brainer, right?

Surely you agree.

procdoc

It's a fair comment to make broadly speaking, but the player who want to get rid of are on wages that don't justify their squad role and performance levels, they are grossly overpaid.

The players SP want to get rid are all justified based on footballing reasons alone, when you factor in finances, it's a no-brainer, right?

Surely you agree.

I only agree with getting rid of players if you are able to bring any replacements in, which we cannot do at the moment.

Mucca Mad Boys

Really not the point in the slightest: you said he wasn't alienating anybody. If he isn't alienating people then there is no such bleeding word as alienating!

It is the point, because they are being alienated because they aren't wanted because they aren't good enough.

Ok I was wrong, SP is alienating them, but I would do the same if I were him - I wouldn't want any of those players starting.

Mucca Mad Boys

I only agree with getting rid of players if you are able to bring any replacements in, which we cannot do at the moment.

They haven't left yet, so why is anyone moaning?

He's said they aren't wanted, he hasn't got rid of them yet.

Hopefully we're in a position to sign players soon.

Nonleagueherewecome

Surely you agree.

Not the way he's done it, no. They should have continued to be part of the squad whilst making it clear to them that he would let them go if they received an approach. They should have been playing in friendlies, put in the shop window, be in and around the first team squad and be able to be utilised if required. If Bell is one of our best players in preseason (as he was end of last season), we play him every game until he breaks his neck tying his laces or someone approaches us to talk to him. You do not leave them to rot and depreciate in value further as that is making your value for them and their use much, much worse.

We have 0 first team CB's and won't be able to sign one before the season starts, FFS! Edge was limited but was still often our best defender and our man of the match a couple of times last season. He was not terrible. He is unlikely to be on big money. He should be in the side first game of the season, no argument.

It's a seriously dumb decision which, if made by the manager with no pressure from above, says to me that he can't man-manage to save his life.

You can't just get rid of players and go out and sign replacements, you know? It doesn't work like that. Especially when you're under embargo.

procdoc

They haven't left yet, so why is anyone moaning?

He's said they aren't wanted, he hasn't got rid of them yet.

Hopefully we're in a position to sign players soon.

He's not going to play them if he's making them train away from the squad so as they may as well have left.

Nonleagueherewecome

It is the point, because they are being alienated because they aren't wanted because they aren't good enough.

Ok I was wrong, SP is alienating them, but I would do the same if I were him - I wouldn't want any of those players starting.

Sorry, 2 or 3 get in our side right now and most of the rest get on the bench.

J

Jack Griffin

Well when your employer doesn't want you I hope they stick you in a room on your own & treats you like something they've stepped on.

Mucca Mad Boys

Not the way he's done it, no. They should have continued to be part of the squad whilst making it clear to them that he would let them go if they received an approach. They should have been playing in friendlies, put in the shop window, be in and around the first team squad and be able to be utilised if required. If Bell is one of our best players in preseason (as he was end of last season), we play him every game until he breaks his neck tying his laces or someone approaches us to talk to him. You do not leave them to rot and depreciate in value further as that is making your value for them and their use much, much worse.

We have 0 first team CB's and won't be able to sign one before the season starts, FFS! Edge was limited but was still often our best defender and our man of the match a couple of times last season. He was not terrible. He is unlikely to be on big money. He should be in the side first game of the season, no argument.

It's a seriously dumb decision which, if made by the manager with no pressure from above, says to me that he can't man-manage to save his life.

You can't just get rid of players and go out and sign replacements, you know? It doesn't work like that. Especially when you're under embargo.

Just trust the manager's judgement.

SP said he spoke to all the players 1 by 1 after the end of the season so anything that's been said in the press, the decisions had been made in early May.

Mucca Mad Boys

Well when your employer doesn't want you I hope they stick you in a room on your own & treats you like something they've stepped on.

That happens to anyone who works at Pizza Hut anyway... ;)

Please don't compare a footballer who gets paid around 5k p/w to someone on minimum wage, but also players that haven't been playing games, or if they have, performance has been of sub-standard, but also, if I got sacked, they'd give me a week or months notice (I'll have to read my contract again) then no pay, they get most of their contracted salary in bulk when they get sacked, I think they've got the best deal tbh.

Nonleagueherewecome

Just trust the manager's judgement.

SP said he spoke to all the players 1 by 1 after the end of the season so anything that's been said in the press, the decisions had been made in early May.

I can't, he just babbles on about "magnificence", "going forward", "football philosophy" and "really working hard"...he thinks we are going to be like Barcelona because "their team is based on their youth team"...he's deluded beyond belief and here to cut, cut, cut on behalf of his paymasters.

Mucca Mad Boys

I can't, he just babbles on about "magnificence", "going forward", "football philosophy" and "really working hard"...he thinks we are going to be like Barcelona because "their team is based on their youth team"...he's deluded beyond belief and here to cut, cut, cut on behalf of his paymasters.

Well lets judge him on results, last time I check, even the best managers chat shit, Mourinho and Fergie do it.

I don't think he's deluded tbh, I hope he can sign players, because I think he's someone who can take CCFC forward.

The players he's cut are justified on footballing reasons alone. McSheffrey scored 1 goal, for example...

J

Jack Griffin

The main depth we have got is the despair of our fans.

scream.jpg

procdoc

I have a horrible feeling that Pressley is Andy Thorn mark II. I hope am wrong but so far he hasn't filled me with any confidence with some of the things he has said thus far

Users who are viewing this thread