Spank em in their own back yard (1 Viewer)

Cigarfingers

After watching that last night, am I the only one who thinks we have a great chance of rattling a few goals on Friday? I’m thinking a 1-3 win on the night.
They couldn’t handle our passing & movement at times whilst we seamed to continually snuff out every long ball attack they launched.

I think if JCH comes in for Biamou, we will be even more physical which will only give them more to worry about at the back as judging on last nights gamd ‘they don’t like it up em’

You might think they hold the advantage now playing a one off, winner takes all game at their own ground but by the same token if things don’t go to plan the crowd will get on their backs so it could work for us. In some ways I prefer going there level over having a 1-0 lead cos we will be fearful of protecting it and that could stop us playing as we can do. 1-1, all to go for! Can’t wait #PUSB

Otis

After watching that last night, am I the only one who thinks we have a great chance of rattling a few goals on Friday? I’m thinking a 1-3 win on the night.
They couldn’t handle our passing & movement at times whilst we seamed to continually snuff out every long ball attack they launched.

I think if JCH comes in for Biamou, we will be even more physical which will only give them more to worry about at the back as judging on last nights gamd ‘they don’t like it up em’

You might think they hold the advantage now playing a one off, winner takes all game at their own ground but by the same token if things don’t go to plan the crowd will get on their backs so it could work for us. In some ways I prefer going there level over having a 1-0 lead cos we will be fearful of protecting it and that could stop us playing as we can do. 1-1, all to go for! Can’t wait #PUSB
Nope, you are not the only one. I said even if we lost we still had a chance of doing them at their place.

Obviously still believe that.

itsabuzzard

Confident of a positive result. If the pitch is half decent and not submerged, then football, and the mighty Sky Blues, will emerge victorious. Roared on by the travelling SBA there can really only be one result.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

We have picked up away from home towards the end of the season and, bar their physical presence, which we dealt with fairly comfortably, didn't think they offered a lot. We have more creativity and , as has been mentioned, they looked least comfortable when people ran at them. A better playing surface and we have a decent chance. I might be tempted to start JCH, although I am a Max fan. Nice to have options. Looking forward to Friday (and next season, regardless).

sylus

Leaving the stadium last night with a 1 - 1,i was happy,knowing that the pressure is now on Notts County to attack us,and we can counter them on the break..i think we will get the result required..

Terry_dactyl

Yeah, I’m enjoying this playoff malarkey. Although that may change after Friday.
I think we might as well just go for it. We can clearly create chances against them, as in the first half yesterday. I might even be tempted to give Ponticelli a run out.
I too am looking forward to next season already. I like the sound of this lad from Brentford. It’ll be interesting to see who we get and keep hold of.

rob9872

I have a feeling it will go to pens on Friday. Don't know if that's good or bad but I do fancy another draw.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I think some people are getting carried away. On a statistical perspective all play off games are tough.
Throw in that its away and also involved Coventry City hardly a cert.

For what its worth Coventry did look a better team but that's not necessarily the only factor that will decide the outcome,

Gazolba

They are above us in the league table with a superior goal difference, so obviously they will be no pushover at their home ground.
My concern is how we react if they score first.
We never looked like equalising at home until we were awarded the dubious penalty.
I would not be surprised at another draw and then penalties, which means you'll have to put your faith in Burge.

Esoterica

I don't understand why people think they're suddenly going to be attacking so much that we'll be able to counter. You don't need to commit so many players forward with their direct style. I'd expect a very cagey first half unless we can get an early goal.

Terry_dactyl

I don't understand why people think they're suddenly going to be attacking so much that we'll be able to counter. You don't need to commit so many players forward with their direct style. I'd expect a very cagey first half unless we can get an early goal.

Yep. If I remember correctly the first game of the season was pretty close - think they missed a good chance - until we scored. We then hit them on the break.
I also seem to remember Vincenti was an outlet for us that day. Just saying...

Covstu

agree, they only need one goal like we do, I think if we took the lead into this game you might see them more adventurous but they don't need too. I think this game will be more cagey than the last

Terry_dactyl

agree, they only need one goal like we do, I think if we took the lead into this game you might see them more adventurous but they don't need too. I think this game will be more cagey than the last

I think they’ll look to defend and nick a goal/get some crosses in. Was there talk of their goal scorer being injured?

Covstu

I think they’ll look to defend and nick a goal/get some crosses in. Was there talk of their goal scorer being injured?
hopefully, it was an annoyance most of the game. If we get first blood then maybe they will come out more but I don't think they will be at panic stations until the last 15 mins.

David O'Day

We'll do the cunts, they are a piss weak team who are lucky to be where they are.

Best player is out as well

Grendel

We'll do the cunts, they are a piss weak team who are lucky to be where they are.

Best player is out as well

Who is their best player David?

Users who are viewing this thread