Spurs midfielder on loan (1 Viewer)

Lamptey

Grant Ward... mogga is trying to change it up thankfully.

torchomatic

Never heard of him. Thankful it's not a forward!

AFCCOVENTRY

Blackpool and Charlton are leading the chase to sign Tottenham's highly rated youngster Grant Ward on loan for the rest of the season.

The 20-year-old enjoyed a memorable spell with Chicago Fire last year and would relish the chance to get some more first-team football under his belt.

Both Championship clubs are looking to strengthen their squads in January and could look to make a move for the talented midfielder.

Ward is yet to make his senior debut for Tottenham, but will be hoping another impressive loan spell will persuade Mauricio Pochettino to finally give him his breakthrough with the north London club.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/black...am-youngster-150122133472#X14kbL7iDj4x2WMW.99

ajsccfc

First Google hit tells me

Grant Ward is a former HYDRA infiltrator in S.H.I.E.L.D. disguised as a Level 7 operative. Abused as a child by his family, he wound up in prison until he was freed by John Garrett. Garrett trained Ward to become a cold-blooded killer and he became more loyal to him than to HYDRA.

Might be a different guy.

AFCCOVENTRY

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Grant Ward has told the club’s official website how he believes his recent loan spell with the Chicago Fire has prepared him to contend for a first-team spot.

Ward, 20, joined the Fire last March on a six-month loan deal, but missed the start of the 2014 MLS season after being forced to remain in England while recovering from a broken foot.

The winger would go on to make 12 starts in 23 regular-season appearances after arriving in May and seeing his deal extended until the end of the campaign, with his lively performances leaving a lasting impression on both fans and the coaching staff.

Head coach Frank Yallop revealed to Chicago Fire Confidential before the start of preseason that the club were working to bring him back for 2015, but believed Spurs were keen to keep hold of him.

“I haven't really had an answer back but I expect him not to be back next season,” he said. “I like Grant and I'd love to have him back but I think Tottenham are exercising their right to keep the player on their books and obviously have a real good look at him under their radar, and see if he's somebody who is going to do well for them or loan him out somewhere else.”

Ward has since made three starts for Tottenham’s Under-21s, with all coming in a defensive midfield role, and netted two superb free-kicks in a 3-1 win over their West Ham United counterparts in his first match back.

torchomatic

Seems like he'll add a bit of steel in midfield. Just what we need.

Doesn't add anything on the experience front though

Nick

Administrator
Sounds promising, we need somebody to boss the midfield.

It does say wing or central so makes it sound more attacking?

covcity4life

Ruthless he is.... A bit mixed up, a troubled childhood.

not gonna lie i have a man crush on him. best chaarcter on the show

Grant_ward_episode_7.jpg

p.s good luck to the "other" one too!

shmmeee

Don't trust him, he's Hydra!!

(Sounds like a defensive mid, in which case: thank fook for that!)

Otis

Interesting that 2 Championship clubs were leading the chase and yet he's come here.

Something to do with Spurs interest in Maddison perhaps?

torchomatic

Is that confirmed or one of those "rumour" things?

Something to do with Spurs interest in Maddison perhaps?

Chipfat

Can't really have opinion on someone i have never heard of or seen,, but he could be exactly what we have, sent back or be better than both,,,but what will be worth watching is this can be viewed as TM first signing... Lets see if he make a difference, i do like and agree with TM statement about not being a squad that is built to win games, he seems to have looked and not liked all he seen within the squad...

As for Maddison it could be the start of dealing with Spurs in the summer but i think the lad will want to stay close to home for a season at least, get games and move up when he is ready... Well thats unless money gets put under his nose or Sisu's reach then the lad will be out faster than Bolt.....

Last edited:

shmmeee

Would be nice to get a loan back if we sell off a kid again. Almost as bothered about not getting to see good players progress as I am about losing their talent.

Gazolba

Don't expect any goals from him. 20 years old,. Don't we have any academy kids coming through? What good is an academy where we have to sign 20-years olds from outside?

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't expect any goals from him. 20 years old,. Don't we have any academy kids coming through? What good is an academy where we have to sign 20-years olds from outside?

Great if he had come from our academy, but more important is, how good he is !

mrtrench

I agree, nobody aged 20 can score goals and youth players that Spurs want to keep are far worse than ours.

Godiva

I agree, nobody aged 20 can score goals and youth players that Spurs want to keep are far worse than ours.

Exactly!
Everyone has cried out for changes to the midfield. TM comes in and realize that. He brings in one midfielder and before he kicks a ball in anger he's being dismissed.
Remember the young Chelsea who destroyed us when we lost 3-0 at home to Swindon?

Otis

Is that confirmed or one of those "rumour" things?

Rumour thing isn't it?

Think it was just a rumour, but I wonder why this lad came here instead of the likes of Charlton, which would mean him being able to remain in London.

CCFC_Charlie

Asked the opinion of some Chicago Fire fans, they're adamant that he's a winger and would be out of place playing in the middle.

Skyblueweeman

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Grant Ward has told the club’s official website how he believes his recent loan spell with the Chicago Fire has prepared him to contend for a first-team spot.

Ward, 20, joined the Fire last March on a six-month loan deal, but missed the start of the 2014 MLS season after being forced to remain in England while recovering from a broken foot.

The winger would go on to make 12 starts in 23 regular-season appearances after arriving in May and seeing his deal extended until the end of the campaign, with his lively performances leaving a lasting impression on both fans and the coaching staff.

Head coach Frank Yallop revealed to Chicago Fire Confidential before the start of preseason that the club were working to bring him back for 2015, but believed Spurs were keen to keep hold of him.

“I haven't really had an answer back but I expect him not to be back next season,” he said. “I like Grant and I'd love to have him back but I think Tottenham are exercising their right to keep the player on their books and obviously have a real good look at him under their radar, and see if he's somebody who is going to do well for them or loan him out somewhere else.”

Ward has since made three starts for Tottenham’s Under-21s, with all coming in a defensive midfield role, and netted two superb free-kicks in a 3-1 win over their West Ham United counterparts in his first match back.

Didn't Frank Yallop play for Ipswich in the 90's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

This could be the move that keeps us up

Yep, agree.

Don't know anything about the lad, but that feeling is based on the fact that this is exactly the position in the side we have been bereft of all season long. We have been desperate for this kind of player.

Would very much expect Barton to be dropped and Ward to play alongside Fleck.

Otis

Asked the opinion of some Chicago Fire fans, they're adamant that he's a winger and would be out of place playing in the middle.

What you are really trying to say is when you asked them they said the lad is a wide receiver and not a quarterback.

Do they think he is awesome or a douche bag?

standupforcity

This is good news I think. And I base that on the experience of TM and his quick recognition of what we need. Look forward to seeing him...

Users who are viewing this thread