ST fund (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue 1987

Haha thanks mate, I appreciate it but I have decent job and even though it is a big expense for 3 of us I couldn't justify us being donated tickets, I have high outgoings but people who are really struggling financially etc really deserve them, thanks for the gesture though and thanks for your message too MMJ 👍

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I have shared the gofundme link on my Facebook with a little explanation of what it is all about, hopefully if a few people are able to donate it will help 🙂
Thank you, I did the same and it did result in surprise donations so if you all could then it will help, happy to draft words/link if people want or SB87 could maybe

Grendel

Pipkin I get what you're trying to do I genuinely do but there's nothing worse than trying to guilt somebody into donating, whatever their position or wealth
Donating to this fantastic cause is and always should be voluntary

Spot on

Sick Boy

There was an anonymous £2k I'm not saying it was him, but some like to donate without publicity which imo is even better. I hope it is him, but if not then I echo what you say.
If it’s the same £2k from before then I think it was suggested to have been an ex-owner.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

I’m just glad that anyone has the ability to donate, some with name, some anonymously, the sizeable ones are incredible for an individual to donate but equally could be less proportionate to their incomes relative to £5 given from a student.

what matters is that an incredible amount of generosity, without receiving anything in return (no raffles/shirts etc) will help a lot of people able to have days out together at the city next year and hopefully in years to come.

I am thankfully to you all as this started out as a little idea to find a singular family and help them out and has grown into something incredible.

let’s just stay positive on the fact we have just had one of the best periods in recent decades, people want to go, new owners want success, as I’m sure did the old ones and a lot of people are loving the club again.

In a time of great hardship that we haven’t seen since the 80’s with inflation and costs high, many are giving up money to help a stranger they won’t know, they may bump into them on a packed concourse next season but they will be no different to the rest of us, just their to watch the sky blues.

stay positive folks and have a great Monday and if you do have £5, then it does go a long way

rob9872

MMJ, for the nominations, if you still have spare capacity, have you reached out to those who have been helped out previously? Reason I ask is some genuine cases might think they've had their turn and leave it for others, but in some ways worse for kids who don't understand why they could go last season and now not this one. Hopefully they're all in a better place now if it was temporary hardship, but with rising costs over the past year I assume a lot will be in the same boat more than in previous years.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

MMJ, for the nominations, if you still have spare capacity, have you reached out to those who have been helped out previously? Reason I ask is some genuine cases might think they've had their turn and leave it for others, but in some ways worse for kids who don't understand why they could go last season and now not this one. Hopefully they're all in a better place now if it was temporary hardship, but with rising costs over the past year I assume a lot will be in the same boat more than in previous years.
Good shout, a few have applied again as circumstances dictate but will maybe check in on some of the others.

SkyBlueSoul

Will you all give DK a break, he's busy making the video to coincide with his donation.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Somebody just pointed out that with those latest donations and >£12k being raised this year so far, it has taken the 6 year total above £50,000

£50,000 in 6 years - that’s insane but shows the generosity of this fan base to help so many others 👏👏👏

Those individuals who have benefitted from it are truly grateful and you have seriously changed people lives through these donations.

rob9872

Somebody just pointed out that with those latest donations and >£12k being raised this year so far, it has taken the 6 year total above £50,000

£50,000 in 6 years - that’s insane but shows the generosity of this fan base to help so many others 👏👏👏

Those individuals who have benefitted from it are truly grateful and you have seriously changed people lives through these donations.
Congrats MMJ, I know it's the collective but without you wouldn't have happened. Great work.

Do you or anyone else have a link to the original thread where it was first proposed as an idea? Would love to read some of the original responses and as always when history is revisited on here, tentatively open in the hope I was supportive from the off and not being a dick as usual 😀

Robinshio

Congrats MMJ, I know it's the collective but without you wouldn't have happened. Great work.

Do you or anyone else have a link to the original thread where it was first proposed as an idea? Would love to read some of the original responses and as always when history is revisited on here, tentatively open in the hope I was supportive from the off and not being a dick as usual 😀

rob9872

Thx mate, yep found it last night. Requited the James Raffell one which was my favourite :D

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Good to re-read that and where it started, I’m glad to say that so many who donated then have done so every year without question so thank you.

not one to call out fans for not donating but still waiting James………

Alex1987

Have you made any purchases with the fund yet? Just wondered what you've managed to get for people so far?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Have you made any purchases with the fund yet? Just wondered what you've managed to get for people so far?
17 purchased last week (£3,394), have 66 nominations to get through which can range from one person to benefit or a family of 4 so lots more to help.
Not sure if you know, but 5 of us review them, so we are just trying to read everyone of them before we go make the next purchases but will keep you all updated.

I know I will be back Thursday or Friday buying some more.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

What’s quite scary (in a nice way) is that first year raised less than 3 donors this year of £2k each.
although more expensive now, can help so many more individuals/families

cov_george

Thank you, I did the same and it did result in surprise donations so if you all could then it will help, happy to draft words/link if people want or SB87 could maybe
Could you post up a draft we can post out to others?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Does something like this work, adjust freely for those that want to share
Copy the links from the start of this thread by clicking through or The pinned thread at the top.
I shared with my friends on Facebook and it did raise some funds I didn’t expect.

For the last 5 years, fans have raised money to help purchase CCFC Season Tickets for individuals and families.
Many have kindly donated to date allowing hundreds to watch the city when they wouldn’t have been able to do that without this fund.

Year 6 has started well but lots more nominations have been received with current costs and the challenges many face.

If you do have a few pounds spare and can help out then please click the link below to help families watch the next year.

If you also know of anyone who would benefit from this, then use the nomination form link

cov_george

Does something like this work, adjust freely for those that want to share
Copy the links from the start of this thread by clicking through or The pinned thread at the top.
I shared with my friends on Facebook and it did raise some funds I didn’t expect.

For the last 5 years, fans have raised money to help purchase CCFC Season Tickets for individuals and families.
Many have kindly donated to date allowing hundreds to watch the city when they wouldn’t have been able to do that without this fund.

Year 6 has started well but lots more nominations have been received with current costs and the challenges many face.

If you do have a few pounds spare and can help out then please click the link below to help families watch the next year.

If you also know of anyone who would benefit from this, then use the nomination form link
Thanks Just shared it,

theferret

17 purchased last week (£3,394), have 66 nominations to get through which can range from one person to benefit or a family of 4 so lots more to help.
Not sure if you know, but 5 of us review them, so we are just trying to read everyone of them before we go make the next purchases but will keep you all updated.

I know I will be back Thursday or Friday buying some more.

You don't have to stand at the window and order these one by one I hope? I like to think you get to sit down with someone over a brew and they make this easy as easy as possible for you?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

You don't have to stand at the window and order these one by one I hope? I like to think you get to sit down with someone over a brew and they make this easy as easy as possible for you?
Window, used to go in at the butts but was way less busy then.
try to do a few each week as there were 20+ behind me in the queue last week, one guy joked that I had a large family, it’s easier that way and I can manage all the messages and getting details to set them up with supporter numbers etc if they don’t have them

theferret

Window, used to go in at the butts but was way less busy then.
try to do a few each week as there were 20+ behind me in the queue last week, one guy joked that I had a large family, it’s easier that way and I can manage all the messages and getting details to set them up with supporter numbers etc if they don’t have them

Wow, really surprised to hear that. Must take up so much of your time. I understand how you'd need to set up those benefitting with supporter numbers in advance, but I really thought the club would have made this much easier for you.

shmmeee

Wow, really surprised to hear that. Must take up so much of your time. I understand how you'd need to set up those benefitting with supporter numbers in advance, but I really thought the club would have made this much easier for you.

Our club doesn’t like money.

Users who are viewing this thread