Stands shut at St Andrews (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Just pathetic

Reactions: Bez

Skybluefaz

I'm surprised it's the Kop and Tilton road and the really old looking stand is alright. There is no fucking space in the kop and tilton road stands though, the Brum game last season was horrible

jordan210

Yeah but it's closed anyway?

We haven't had input or control since HR have we?

Its a non issue really. Why we are behind closed doors. Unless its major works needed for months and fans are allowed back in on mass. Other wise they will just be housed in other stands.

I would guess Brum would have insurance for this kind of thing anyway.

chiefdave

We haven't had input or control since HR have we?
If those cracks they found at the Ricoh and had to get structural engineers in to look at had turned out to be something more serious we would have had exactly the same problem there. In fact even if we owned the place it could still happen.

Liquid Gold

Couldn't happen at a better time really. Nobody there anyway and when there will be fans there they can just put us in the other two stands that would have been closed.

Colin Steins Smile

Its a non issue really. Why we are behind closed doors. Unless its major works needed for months and fans are allowed back in on mass. Other wise they will just be housed in other stands.

I don’t think insurance will cover this, as it’ll be a maintenance issue and from my experience of StA there doesn’t seem to be much evidence that BCFC have done any maintenance in recent years

jordan210

I don’t think insurance will cover this, as it’ll be a maintenance issue and from my experience of StA there doesn’t seem to be much evidence that BCFC have done any maintenance in recent years

I would guess it would depend on what the issue is. Maintenance or structural. Then again non of that should effect us money wise.

If Brum have to pay out of own pocket. Might mean they cant buy players so win win

Skybluefaz

If they have broken the terms of the contract by not be able to offer us the full terms as agreed maybe we can fook of early without penalty. Full conspiracy theory but they have 'found' this issue now while no fans are allowed in to allow us to get out of the agreement and return to the Ricoh mid way through the season.

Grendel

If those cracks they found at the Ricoh and had to get structural engineers in to look at had turned out to be something more serious we would have had exactly the same problem there. In fact even if we owned the place it could still happen.

I think it’s less likely in a 15 year old stadium personally

Mcbean

The good news is that none of these repairs will be paid by us - we have nothing to do with the Ricoh and we are a paying tenant for St Andrew’s - not our problem

rhino1002

Unless the problem has been caused by a outside influence such as storm or flood then insurance would not come into
When the sky blue stand roof fell down in 1983 that was covered by insurance as it was due to wind/storm damage
When we had to upgrade all of the barrier and security fences then the club had to pay for that
The Good news was I also got paid to sort it all

letsallsingtogether

Hope it all falls down bloody shithole.
Moved seats last season as the rain used to piss through the roof and all the seats would get wet.

• Poo
Reactions: TTG

speedie87

I sat near the end of a row last season and whenever anyone ran up or down the star is the floor would literally shake.....

fernandopartridge

If it wasn’t we’d lose revenue. It’s evidence we can’t stay somewhere we have no input or control over
Perhaps but the same issue could arise at the Ricoh. In any case G Birmingham have limited control anyway, they won't be using the stands either

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Why don’t you comment on the game?
I have very rarely commented on games good bad or indifferent, same as I don’t usually comment about players good bad or indifferent. I couldn’t comment on today’s game was because quite frankly I forgot it was on and haven’t used I follow once same as I don’t listen to Friday programme. I have a season ticket and will get one again only because we take an old lady without us she wouldn’t be able to go.
So to answer your question what has it got to do with you? And that was putting it politely

Users who are viewing this thread