Starting to smell the coffe yet? (1 Viewer)

I support the Ricoh belonging to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

All parties have opted to present themselves in the best light and offered information to do this - some of which had zero substance.
If someone offers information that has zero substance isn't that them giving bullshit?

armybike

So you agree I was right on one part but ignore the other part?

CCC said that they would consider a bid. But the deal was already done with Wasps. So what were they going to consider?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but did they specially say they'd consider it? I'll be honest, I thought they'd said that CCFC/SISU were able to submit a bid if they wanted.

torchomatic

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but did they specially say they'd consider it? I'll be honest, I thought they'd said that CCFC/SISU were able to submit a bid if they wanted.

As Astute said. When we came back CCC publically said that ownership was a possibility, "bridges would have to be built first", despite already having done a deal with Wasps. I don't see how but I'm sure you'll get Fisher somewhere in your response.

Senior Vick from Alicante

They wouldn't have done the deal Wasps did they said it themselves. So they were driving for cheaper Wasps coming along completely destroyed that plan.

I would shake your hand on the house get you to move all your belongings out and let you make some commitments. Then at the last minute I would complain about damp.
Then I would ask a structural engineer to come and have a look.
I would delay and delay and hope to get, it off you for 25% of its total value, never mind me paying 25% more.
Unfortunately you strike me as the type of guy that would see through what I was doing. Pull the plug on the deal find an alternative buyer who probably paid a bit less than what I was first offering. However he did as he said he would so you like him none the less.
The distasteful incident would leave slightly pissed off with me.
Then when I turn up a year later buy your car you don't seem too keen.

Problem is Don, I don't think our owners have ever had the money available to them to buy a deal as their investors pulled the plug on the funding. That's why all the issues with driving the price down to something Sisu in its own right as a business could raise the capital for, then sell the plans back to investors as a look what I've got would you like to buy a piece of the pie type deal.

dongonzalos

Problem is Don, I don't think our owners have ever had the money available to them to buy a deal as their investors pulled the plug on the funding. That's why all the issues with driving the price down to something Sisu in its own right as a business could raise the capital for, then sell the plans back to investors as a look what I've got would you like to buy a piece of the pie type deal.

I have a sneaky feeling you maybe right

Astute

It's like 6 people voting the other day to sacrifice the club over protecting the legal action!!!!
People do get very entrenched in these battles.

It doesn't make them right though.

I love a good debate. Sometimes (frequently on here) it turns into a heated debate. The idea is to put a point across and keep an open mind. The problems start when someone has blinkers on, has an agenda or is doing a bit of PR. And all 3 are happening ATM.

Covstu

I would love to see both SISU and Wasps out (the council also for that matter!) but I fear the damage has already been done, moving SISU on at this stage will solve nothing apart from make us all feel a little better but it wont sort the ground out or the academy will it?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yeah the Poll is:

"I support the Ricoh belonging to:

Wasps
CCFC"

Which doesn't really make sense as I am pretty sure 99.9% would say CCFC.

You'd think wouldn't you Nick......but currently 4 have voted for wasps ownership.....

I can only assume those 4 are either:
a) Fat-fingered idiots
b) WUMS
c) c*nts.

torchomatic

I would love to know why the four have voted that way. And what they are doing on a CCFC fan forum.

Brylowes

I would love to see both SISU and Wasps out (the council also for that matter!) but I fear the damage has already been done, moving SISU on at this stage will solve nothing apart from make us all feel a little better but it wont sort the ground out or the academy will it?
It might, everyone's stance and attitude would soften toward the club, unfortunately
They ain't going nowhere.

armybike

I think you are being a bit too technical, it is bullshit whether it is jargon to try and purposely misinform or whether it is a lie.

So a lie and misinforming are the same thing?

armybike

As Astute said. When we came back CCC publically said that ownership was a possibility, "bridges would have to be built first", despite already having done a deal with Wasps. I don't see how but I'm sure you'll get Fisher somewhere in your response.

Tim Fisher. Nuff said!

ranstone

B
Why would anyone vote for Wasps to own the Ricoh?
because they already own it in case you hadn't noticed ..... And it ain't going to change anytime soon ;) .....from what I've seen they are far better at running it than anyone else recently..... What's the point in putting up a poll if you don't like people's views that don't agree with yours.

Covstu

No it's a pointless poll in that it isn't asking a question that requires an answer. It's like putting a poll on an England forum asking them whether we want to beat Wales or not!

SkyBlueSid

It is somewhat.

If we had half decent owners would they have refused to pay rent? Would half decent owners have taken us to Northampton?

Would half decent owners taken out all this legal action? Would the council have sold the Ricoh from under their noses? Would Higgs and CCC have shown any animosity towards half decent owners and totally found them totally and completely untrustworthy?

This unfortunately all revolves around Sisu and the way they operate and do business. They have upset so many people and rubbed too many authorities up the wrong way.

Again, the council have treated us really, really badly, but without Sisu would any of this crap we have encountered ever have happened?
I have to agree with all of that. The bottom line for me is quite simple really. After all the nonsense about the rent strike, Sisu flounced off to Northampton like a tart having a hissy fit. That was the beginning of the end. It alienated most of the fans for sure, and they had no choice but to return.

Nevertheless, that move did even greater damage, especially as the return was openly declared as temporary even in the euphoria of the Gillingham game. I am certain that the Ricoh would never have been sold had it not been left empty for a season. Wasps saw their chance and took it, and so did the council and ACL. Sisu had not only broken the bond of trust with the fans but with everyone else too. They miscalculated and got it badly wrong, mostly because they didn't understand football and its fans.

torchomatic

Christ another person has voted Wasps' way. Unbelievable.

torchomatic

stupot07

I propose than anyone who has voted for wasps is exiled from the forum for not being a ccfc fan.

Astute

B

because they already own it in case you hadn't noticed ..... And it ain't going to change anytime soon ;) .....from what I've seen they are far better at running it than anyone else recently..... What's the point in putting up a poll if you don't like people's views that don't agree with yours.
And what kind of Wasps supporter would agree with their club being nearly 100 miles away from where they should be based, and who would say that they belong nearly 100 miles away from their supporters?

Grendel

B

You are a wasps fan so I understand your position.

ranstone

The Wasps forum makes interesting reading ..... A few of you from here posting quite peacefully on there without being called Tossers, Wankers or cunts ... Or people calling for them to be banned as soon as they post an opposing view .... There are a couple of you posting some very relevant and interesting stuff about this travesty.

I suppose Nick will be out in a minute regurgitating the same old rubbish about me being a Wasps troll knowing full well I'm not, but pleasing the rest of you.

The title of this thread is quite apt ..... Many of you do need to wake up and smell the coffee ;)

torchomatic

I propose than anyone who has voted for wasps is exiled from the forum for not being a ccfc fan.

It's a shame as on the old forum you could see who voted which way.

ranstone

And what kind of Wasps supporter would agree with their club being nearly 100 miles away from where they should be based, and who would say that they belong nearly 100 miles away from their supporters?

No idea fella, I'm not a Wasps supporter but they all seem quite content with the situation!

Grendel

The Wasps forum makes interesting reading ..... A few of you from here posting quite peacefully on there without being called Tossers, Wankers or cunts ... Or people calling for them to be banned as soon as they post an opposing view .... There are a couple of you posting some very relevant and interesting stuff about this travesty.

I suppose Nick will be out in a minute regurgitating the same old rubbish about me being a Wasps troll knowing full well I'm not, but pleasing the rest of you.

The title of this thread is quite apt ..... Many of you do need to wake up and smell the coffee ;)

Odd I thought you said you never read the wasps forum?

torchomatic

No idea fella, I'm not a Wasps supporter but they all seem quite content with the situation!

How long have you supported the Blue Skies then?

Users who are viewing this thread